Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#418619 - 06/20/17 04:11 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!!
Icelander Offline
Veteran

UserTrack: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Jazz EleFred 3-tempo Set.

After seeing forum user Pipeline's excellent job at making a jazz guitar sound source for sforzando (see here ), I was inspired to go through with a long wanted jazz guitar Usertrack dream, which played in a "Freddie" kind of way - and after playing around a bit with this fantastic sound source, now I have, yayh! crazy

From the Memo:

"UserTrack: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Jazz EleFred Sw 190

A mellow sounding jazz guitar playing steady, swung 8th chords throughout, with the accent on 1 & 3.

Tempo range: 050-250 bpm.
*"

*These are in fact THREE sets of Usetracks in one package, each recorded at a different tempo (60, 125 & 190) which provides this wide range.

Get the whole lot HERE!

Now for some demos, as usual:

EleFred Jazz Ballad - HERE

EleFred Jazz Medium - HERE

EleFred Jazz Fast - HERE

And finally, just to showcase possibilities, a slow 12-8 Pop demo* - HERE

*This demo doesn't "take off the top" in the tone of the instrument like I've done for the jazzy demos, giving you a slightly brighter sound fit for pop.

Thanks again to Pipeline for the inspiration - ENJOY cool

#418698 - 06/21/17 06:14 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
w Offline
Journeyman

Thank you very much.

#418920 - 06/23/17 01:20 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: w]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

Great set !

#418943 - 06/23/17 09:42 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Pipeline]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Great set!
Great sound!

#420269 - 07/03/17 08:52 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

All sets have now been updated, new demos too - but all links are unchanged!

Edited by Icelander (07/03/17 08:53 AM)
Edit Reason: Correcting mistakes

#420505 - 07/05/17 09:29 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
RichRayer Offline
Apprentice

Loc: OHIO
I have tried multiple times to download these and extract the files. They seem to download correctly but the names of the files end in zip.001 (002-003-004-005-006) instead of zip. My computer can't recognize these files. If I changed the names so they end as (Style_Name)001.zip, they still don't extract and my computer says they are invalid files.

Are these files for Mac users only? I am on Windows 10.

Thanks, It would be great to test them out.

#420506 - 07/05/17 09:37 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

These are segmented zip files, i.e. one zip file that has been split into even sized segments (for uploading purposes) and any regular WinZip application ought to recognise this format and decode without problems. They are, in other words, not platform specific.
So I'm not sure what could be preventing this on your system, but then again I don't know what tools you've tried to use to decode the set. In short, I need more information from you in order to be of any help.

Edited by Icelander (07/05/17 09:39 AM)
Edit Reason: Correcting mistakes

#420597 - 07/05/17 08:07 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
RichRayer Offline
Apprentice

I am just extracting the files using Windows 10 default extraction. How would I combine the 6 files into one zip? or how would I know I have to do that?

I will try winzip and see if it works. Thanks

#420599 - 07/05/17 08:21 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: RichRayer]
RichRayer Offline
Apprentice

I just tried again this time I downloaded all the files at the same time which gave me a zip file, but when I unzipped it both in Windows extraction app and also with WinZip (it is a pay ware program!) I got the same 6 files that are not style files but listed as:

EleFred JazzGtr.zip.001
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.002
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.003
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.004
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.005
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.006

None of which can be extracted because both WinZip and Windows 10 doesn't recognize that file format.

What have I done wrong?

#420600 - 07/05/17 08:22 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: RichRayer]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RichRayer
How would I combine the 6 files into one zip?
Usually the program you'd use does that combining automatically "on the fly", so it's just a matter of having the right one for the job... which leads me to...
or how would I know I have to do that?
That's just something that comes with experience, I suppose... or, as you did, by asking cool
I will try winzip and see if it works. Thanks
You're welcome, hope you enjoy the result once you got it all sorted & set up.

#420637 - 07/06/17 07:31 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: RichRayer]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

I just tried again this time I downloaded all the files at the same time which gave me a zip file, but when I unzipped it both in Windows extraction app and also with WinZip (it is a pay ware program!) I got the same 6 files===None of which can be extracted because both WinZip and Windows 10 doesn't recognize that file format.

What have I done wrong?
I must still say I've never heard of WinZip not being able to correctly handle segmented zip files before confused
Granted, I'm not a PC user myself (hence unaware of that WinZip is payware), so there could be a number of factors beyond my knowledge that causes this not to work. One possibility is that your downloads were incomplete, for even if just one segment is not there in full, you won't get them to work no matter what. So that's a place to start looking. Also, have you tried running WinZip and opening the first segment from within the program?! If not, then that'll be your next step to try.

There are plenty of true freeware unzipping programs around if you just look for them! PeaZip is one, which I found in just seconds before doing this reply, that you might want to try. It's got good reviews and is supposedly able to deal with files like this.

#420638 - 07/06/17 07:41 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
RichRayer Offline
Apprentice

They are complete downloads (at least the file sizes match). Now that I installed WinZip it has taken over being my unzip program by default. When I uninstalled it my computer no longer uses the default zip/unzip of Windows 10 and I don't know how to revert it back.

There are 6 zip files 5 are 100MB each and the 6th one is 3.9 MB (the same numbers that show on your drop box page for downloading.

I will check out some of the other zip/unzip programs.

#420641 - 07/06/17 07:53 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Very good, those file sizes are correct, so at least we now know that much. Sometimes the process of elimination is your best bet to track down an issue, you know.

Give that "open first segment from within the program" a whirl next if you hadn't already, and only then consider other tools for the job. I have this thread monitored, so do keep posting your progress on here, if not but for the benefit of others in the same position.

p.s. I didn't think it needed saying, but just in case - All the segments must of course be at the same location when you attempt to extract them.

#420692 - 07/06/17 04:10 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
RichRayer Offline
Apprentice

"Give that "open first segment from within the program" a whirl next"

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I see no option that reads anything like that.

So far, I have been very unsuccessful at extracting your user style. :-(

#420694 - 07/06/17 04:28 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: NEW! Jazz Gtr "EleFred" set in 3 tempos - FREE!! [Re: Icelander]
RichRayer Offline
Apprentice

The file "EleFred Jazz Gtr (which is what I get when I download the 6 files on your box site) is a WinZip file. When I Unzip it I get:

EleFred JazzGtr.zip.001 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.002 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.003 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.004 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.005 102,400 KB
EleFred JazzGtr.zip.006 3,914 KB

None of these files can be extracted as their extension does not end with .zip

I see no place in WinZip where the option, "open first segment from within the program" is offered.

This is confusing to say the least. Unless, this is something that happens easily on a MAC and not on the PC.

I would really like to try these out but I am frustrated. I just hope this conversation we have had will help someone else or someone else will come up with a solution.

I am not new to computers or trouble shooting them. I have built 3 computers from components and even wired my own first one back in the 1980's. I have taught Adult Education Computer literacy courses and believe I am a bit better than most beginners anyway. :-)

Again, I do appreciate your patience and thank you for being so helpful.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® Version 5 Article "The Software Story"

For the latest blast from the past for Band-in-a-Box, check out the article The Software Story: Band-in-a-Box by Norm Weinberg, as published in the June 1993 issue of Percussive Notes!

Imagine a group of musicians who would rehearse with you whenever you wanted, wouldn't tire of playing the same songs over and over, could play at any tempo you wanted, could learn new tunes in a matter of minutes, and never have any ego problems? Wouldn't this be an ideal musical situation for gaining experience? Band-in-a-Box to the rescue!
-Norm Weinberg

Did you have this older version? Share your story with other program users!

User Post - Save as Video

Earlier this week we shared information on the Save as Video feature within Band-in-a-Box.

Forum user JoanneCooper has just shared her Band-in-a-Box video using this feature! Check out her post here, or click here watch her YouTube video.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: Use Keystroke "Hot Key" Commands!

Hot Keys are a great way to speed up using a lot of different programs... and that includes Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box has keystroke "hot keys" to mute instruments or to adjust volume, panning, reverb, chorus, or bank of instrument without using the mouse, etc... in fact - there are over 100 Hot Key commands for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

To view them all, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video!

A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made a video of your song using this feature? Share it to our Forum!

User Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines

Forum user edshaw has created some tutorials for Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines that he has shared to our Tips and Tricks forum!

The tutorial has been split into three parts:
Part One - Using Band-in-a-Box®
Part Two - Walking Bass Line
Part Three - Demonstration

Thank you edshaw!

If you've created your own tutorials that you'd like to share, feel free to post them to our Tips and Tricks Forum! You can also send an email to marketing@pgmusic.com and we will post and share them here and on Twitter & Facebook!

Band-in-a-Box® Polish Tutorial - Sound Station

Our new Polish Distributor, Sound Station, is thrilled to be adding Band-in-a-Box® to their product line, and look forward to working with the program! They've just started with us, and have already created this Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Polish Tutorial: Video: Band in a Box 2017 TUTORIAL PL

My Favorite Things - User Feedback

Head to our My Favorite Things Forum to read what other program users love about Band-in-a-Box - or share your own list of favorite features!

Other program users have shared their favorite things about Band-in-a-Box already... like the Jukebox feature, how Band-in-a-Box improves live playing, the interactive PDF program manual, the convenience of the pre-installed hard drive, and more!

Forum Stats
26410 Members
50 Forums
47513 Topics
387236 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
AZ Pete, PatrickCambier, Roofooz, Vortunfir, Jumpin'Jim

26409 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 141
Janice & Bud 117