Go To
#418927 06/23/17 02:17 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
D
OP Offline
D
Hi,

new user here smile

I have the EverythingPAK version, and, while playing with the app, I noticed that there are a bunch of styles that are missing, 702 in total.

I can see them in the Style Picker, after filtering by "N/A only". Ordering by the Set# column, I see that they are included in these sets:

RT 109-115, 122-131, 143-154, 200
Xtra PAK
BonusPak
Bonus
MST 21-24

I tried reinstalling a couple of the RT, thinking that I might have forgotten to install one of the (too many) installers, but that didn't fix the problem.

I tried doing a search in the forums, and I got more confused. It looks like some are additional content, but I assumed that the bundle that I have includes everything - if not, where are they?

Any help greatly appreciated. I am loving the app, despite the UI a bit... tough to use, but that's probably a matter of getting used to.

I don't know if relevant, but:
- I upgraded from BIAB 2016 pro (I bought it a couple days earlier)
- I have everything installed on an external drive
- I'm on mac

Thanks

Journeyman
Journeyman
disfunker,

First, welcome to the forums! You know, all these various packages have grown so confusing to me that I can't even understand all of them. I might suggest you contact sales at PG Music and ask them about these particular styles. It seems to me that they should have been included in your package, but what do I know? grin

Bruce

Macbook Pro 2018
2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM
OS Monterey
BIAB for Mac 2022
Veteran
Veteran
XTRA Paks were a separate purchase or included in the bonus paks which were a separate purchase.

I would first look in my account (not the forum login, but from the main PGMusic screen) to see if perhaps you missed a download. Otherwise, as Bruce said, contact PGMusic to resolve.

While yes, it is called the EverythingPAK, it's not necessarily "everything" PGMusic has ever produced related to BIAB. There are a few MIDI soloists that are also extra purchase, and there were some previous bonus paks that may not be present. That's why I always install on top of my previous installation, to ensure I truly have everything.

It's like my XM Satellite Radio for life subscription (which they don't sell anymore). It's for the life of the device, to my life. And since it's in my car, it's really most likely going to be just for the life of the car.

Lifetime...everything...not necessarily absolute anymore. smile

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Quote:
While yes, it is called the EverythingPAK, it's not necessarily "everything" PGMusic has ever produced related to BIAB.

Fully agreee.

I wish the PG " naming " division would come up with a better and more understanding name and naming system for all these PAK's they call EverythingPAK. Although the name is a good selling gimmick.

Perhaps they could start tagging dates of issue or clearly explain what it is they are selling because you really do not get EVERYTHING in the EverythingPAK.

The naming system they are using now is beyond confusing.

w #418982 06/23/17 02:16 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: w

I wish the PG " naming " division would come up with a better and more understanding name and naming system for all these PAK's they call EverythingPAK. Although the name is a good selling gimmick.

Perhaps they could start tagging dates of issue or clearly explain what it is they are selling because you really do not get EVERYTHING in the EverythingPAK.

The naming system they are using now is beyond confusing.

+1

WIN 10, BIAB WIN2022, Studio One 5, Audient iD4
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks everyone for your replies - It looks like I forgot to enable email notifications...

I'll get in touch with support to ask for clarification. And yes, I agree that naming is way too confusing.

In case of doubt, I usually prefer to not buy rather than buying something I don't need or I already have.

D
OP Offline
D
It turns out the missing RT are caused by corrupted files - I downloaded the respective installers again, and I've been able to install the missing sets.

However I still have no clue about these ones:

Xtra PAK
BonusPak
Bonus
MST 21-24

As I don't see any file in my download area which could contain them.

D
OP Offline
D
Before buying BIAB, I read forums, and I had the feeling that many users were happy about support.

I sent 2 emails to support in the latest 10 days, no one replied me.

Am I unlucky, or is there actually no support behind that email?

Journeyman
Journeyman
I don't know if I've ever tried the e-mail, but I've always had good luck with the "Live Help" in the upper right hand corner of the page...

Macbook Pro 2018
2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM
OS Monterey
BIAB for Mac 2022
w Offline
Expert
Expert
show real tracks still has missing letters

this was noted some time ago by Icelander if i'm not mistaken

example

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
SShot 2017-07-14 at 8.25.16 PM.png (19.78 KB, 59 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
But I love me some wingin' or odern country, and you haven't heard anything until you've heard an ockin' guitar. smile

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
jford #422123 07/17/17 01:55 PM
w Offline
Expert
Expert
^
please, this is a family forum

Veteran
Veteran
ROFL!!

In all seriousness though, this was reported (though not by me, for a change) more than once, so the devs should a least be aware of it. But you are right in that it hasn't yet been fixed.

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195