You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#419563 - 06/28/17 05:37 AM [Off-Topic] Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

#419571 - 06/28/17 06:43 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: pghboemike]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Interesting video. I'm surprised that Paul McCartney or the Rolling Stones were not on the list.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#419576 - 06/28/17 07:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: MarioD]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Not too surprising on the top 5 or so except Beiber. I didn't expect that one as I definitely do not have Bieber fever.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Interesting video. I'm surprised that Paul McCartney or the Rolling Stones were not on the list.

For Sir Paul the video said they rated based on an annual income perspective. Paul tends to have a few years off between albums and touring. That's my guess.

As far as the Stones, my guess is they blew their money and need to tour more. smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#419590 - 06/28/17 08:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: sslechta]
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Wish them well.
The introduction of the iPod in 2001 marked the unofficial end of CDs and the sea change of pop music.
On the surface, at least, this development supposedly marked the exit of Mafia control over the music industry.
Music now has slipped to ninth place in the product lines of media and entertainment companies. Video games such as "Grand Theft Auto" occupy the top spots.
About that time, I'd say a quantum boost to the internet "Truth" movement,
which has turned into a whistleblowers fun fest, resulted when several groups of the 1980's posted articles revealing just how much the performers really made at end of the contracts and the final accounting.
Though it is to the advantage of the producers to have the fans, mostly kiddie pop now, to imagine the fortunes performers such as Beyonce, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga are worth, a little research into the internet's hidden gems can be quite revealing. One of my favorites, Taylor Swift, has tables in the lobbies selling show souveniers and perfumes from her line. That doesn't sound like a billionaire, or does it? President Trump does a brisk business in hats and tshirts, or so we are told.

Edited by edshaw (06/28/17 08:31 AM)
TEAC Digital deck
HD Stereo field recorder w/ clock

#419611 - 06/28/17 11:07 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: pghboemike]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Oh darn, another list I missed!

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#419617 - 06/28/17 12:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: pghboemike]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

I believe that you have to draw a line between past and present right around the advent of MTV. When we were kids, we went to HEAR The Beatles. We went to HEAR The Beach Boys. We went to HEAR The Rolling Stones. Now kids go to SEE bands. The old school bands that are our icons never changed clothes between songs, get lowered from the ceiling on a swing, dodge the explosions and dealt with dizzying light arrays. They just played and sang. If you look at video footage of a Katy Perry show, and watch closely, she isn't singing. She actually CAN'T be singing with all the arm swinging changing the angle of the mic relative of her mouth. Plus who can have breath control with all that running around and hopping up and down?

It's apples and kangaroos to compare old time bands and video era bands.

#419649 - 06/28/17 07:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: eddie1261]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Eddie, If you went to hear the Beatles, then good luck! Between the 30 watt amplifiers, small wattage public address systems and screaming audience you likely could have been right in front of them and never heard a chord. I assume it was the same with the Rolling Stones laugh

I watched a little of the television show, Boy Band, last Thursday and was impressed with the 30 participants. The judges had more difficulty narrowing the field down to 16 than I thought they would. Actually, I'm glad I'm not one of the judges.

I agree with you that MTV changed the world of pop / rock music.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#419651 - 06/28/17 07:19 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: Jim Fogle]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Eddie, If you went to hear the Beatles, then good luck! Between the 30 watt amplifiers, small wattage public address systems and screaming audience you likely could have been right in front of them and never heard a chord.

In 1965 I was in the 8th row and I couldn't hear anything but the drums. And the screaming. From the 8th row!!!

#419655 - 06/28/17 07:37 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: eddie1261]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Eddie,

At least you got to see The Beatles live. That's more than most of us can say.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#419661 - 06/28/17 08:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: Jim Fogle]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Eddie,

At least you got to see The Beatles live. That's more than most of us can say.

My first concert ever. I was 14. Within 12 calendar months, I saw the Browns win their only league championship and The Beatles.

And it's been pretty much downhill from there.....

#419709 - 06/29/17 05:35 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: pghboemike]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
LOL Eddie..... Browns? Championship? Didn't know that they ever did.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#419716 - 06/29/17 06:14 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Make A TON Of Money [Re: eddie1261]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
My first concert ever. I was 14. Within 12 calendar months, I saw the Browns win their only league championship and The Beatles.

And it's been pretty much downhill from there.....

You reached your pinnacle at 14? Now that's what I call an early starter grin

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27839 Members
57 Forums
53161 Topics
440702 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27838 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 138
Al-David 130