Topic Options
Index
#420171 - 07/02/17 11:20 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] In a Latin Mood
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
(1) a link to your song:In a Latin Mood  
https://soundcloud.com/dan-hoch-784636941/in-a-latin-mood

(2) the name of the style you used _BOSSOUL.STY (Electro Bossa Soul w Guitar Solo)

(3) the category: Latin

****** Song Summary *************
Title: In a Latin Mood
File: BIAB contest July 2017.MGU
Key=Cm , Tempo 110, Length (m:s)=2:37
4 bar intro, 64 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 68. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 163 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _BOSSOUL.STY (Electro Bossa Soul w Guitar Solo)
SoloistCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded

RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 920:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Rumba Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2817:Guitar, Electric, Soloist SmoothSoulFast16thsBrent Ev16 110
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance\House - crunchy_120_drums ev16.wav
RealDrums in style: BossaRockFull^2-a:Brushes , b:HiHat

If I win I will divulge all the secrets to making this. Otherwise, music is the grand illusion, so picture me in the studio with "the band". By the way, any points for being first? grin

BIAB User Map
SoundCloud

#420198 - 07/02/17 03:54 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hey Dan,

You're a bit of a trailblazer! Leading the way so confidently and competently and being the first to submit. I enjoyed my listen. I love Latin-jazz!

All the best,
Noel

#420202 - 07/02/17 05:25 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: Noel96]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
I love Latin-jazz!

Hey, Me too! What a coincidence. grin

BIAB User Map
SoundCloud

#420231 - 07/03/17 03:18 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
Marty Sorensen Offline
Apprentice

Loc: San Jose, CA
I really enjoyed listening to this, and look forward to learning your secret!

#420377 - 07/04/17 08:01 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

I'm really digging the vibe on this! It's got a really nice groove to it, and I like the panning on it too. An excellent mix for sure! Thanks for sharing, MusicStudent smile

#421509 - 07/13/17 05:53 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Hey Dan,

Listening to this for about the 5th time. Very nice playing. Love the vibe. Keep 'em coming.

B grin

#421655 - 07/14/17 12:49 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Sounds great.

Good luck on the contest!!

smile
http://www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder
http://www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.davidsnydermusic.com

#424655 - 08/05/17 12:08 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Hoch...

A "shout out" from a former Chicagoan from birth, here! smile

"In A Latin Mood" is a sensuous and seductively rhythmic piece of music-making, sir. The _BOSSOUL.STY is shown off to ear-catching advantage, here, augmented by the "Spanish blues" feel of your minor chords. The composition invites close-contact, one-on-one dancing of the kind that is characteristic of a hot tango. Your vocal count-in lends an immediate sense of a "live" musical performance to the song.

You got my vote on this one!

Sincerely,

LOREN

#424660 - 08/05/17 01:17 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Hey Loren, you made my day. grin Thanks for the nice comments. I was pretty happy with how this worked out.

BIAB User Map
SoundCloud

#424744 - 08/06/17 04:22 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Absolutely enjoyed this Dan. Sometimes Latin & Instrumentals just go so very hand-in-hand together.

This is very smooth. Can listen to this again and again.

BIAB, RB 2017(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#427387 - 08/24/17 08:17 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

If I win I will divulge all the secrets to making this. Otherwise, music is the grand illusion, so picture me in the studio with "the band". By the way, any points for being first? grin

Congratulations - your song WON! So.... what are your song secrets? smile

-Callie

#427418 - 08/24/17 01:06 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Yes Dan... what are they?

#427433 - 08/24/17 04:12 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Sorry, my lawyers have advised not to provide any secrets. crazy

Edited by MusicStudent (08/27/17 09:58 AM)

BIAB User Map
SoundCloud

#428009 - 08/29/17 01:46 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Sorry, my lawyers have advised not to provide any secrets. crazy

As Elliot Ness once said: "It was a cold rainy night on the south side of Chicago - we'll make ya' talk!"

BIAB, RB 2017(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#428506 - 09/02/17 07:36 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] The Making of In a Latin Mood [Re: MusicStudent]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Sorry for delay. All legal hurdles have now been addressed. Thanks for your patience.

The Making of In a Latin Mood

Enjoy and have fun. smile

BIAB User Map
SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
User Blog - How to Make a Band-in-a-Box Backing Track (with Melody) Using a Lead Sheet

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post Create a Band-in-a-Box backing track with melody from a lead sheet is the perfect read for anyone looking to do just that!

She thoroughly explains the process - from selecting the song, finding the lead sheet, picking a style, and more! Even if you're well versed with the program, be sure to read this blog post - you'll want to bookmark it and share it with anyone you know who's new to the program!

Thank you Joanne for sharing!

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/create-a-band-in-a-box-backing-track-with-melody-from-a-lead-sheet

Vote for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - We've Been Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We are still over the moon with being nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

If you haven't had a chance to look over the nominees and place your vote, head to https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awards - but hurry... the polls are only open until 23:59 PST on November 30th! (Winners will be annouced at the Winter NAMM show in January.)

The SOS Awards are held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Sound On Sound Awards - a list of 2017 Winners.

The Beginners Forum - Great Tool for New Band-in-a-Box® Users!

If you're new to Band-in-a-Box®, and looking for a Forum just for you, check out the Beginner's Forum! This forum is the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with the program.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the Beginners Forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too - we have a really supportive & helpful crew on the forums!

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=97&page=1

YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major

Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

YouTube Video - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band In A Box Backing Track Key G Major

My Favorite Things - Seemingly Unlimited Flexibility!

We receive user feedback many ways, including our Facebook page, by email or phone, using the Comments tab on our Band-in-a-Box® pages, the My Favorite Things Forum, and more!

Like the great feedback recently posted by Al-David:
"I write and play in quite a few different genres. The flexibility BIAB gives me makes transpositions, from one genre to another, so easy and quick. A number of times I've created a piece, intending it to be a Smooth Jazz or Smooth RnB song. But when I generated the song, it just didn't work in the intended genre.

With a simple click of the Style Picker ... BAM! The song ended up as a pretty decent Pop song. I only had to replace a couple of instruments from the new style and alter a couple of chords..."
(read the full thread here.)

Post your feedback to our Forum - My Favorite Things - we'd love to hear it!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We're so excited that Band-in-a-Box® 2017 has been nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote! If you haven't had a chance yet, you can vote here... (the polls are open until 23:59 PST on November 30th)

Winners will be announced at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2018.

What are the SOS awards? Held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Happy National Saxophone Day!

Happy Birthday to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone! Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he pantended his saxophone creation!

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Plus, we have more than 180 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box by the following RealTracks Artists:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

We have more than 30 different RealTracks Sets that include Saxophone RealTracks - for a complete list, click here.

Forum Stats
26607 Members
50 Forums
48228 Topics
395041 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
abenitez, Jazzist, Johnny Boy, Shaha, Dukestar33

26607 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 220
Al-David 188