Print Thread
Go To
#420386 07/04/17 05:37 AM
Off-Topic
DEddy Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I know it's early but I'm looking ahead to Xmas specials. After all it takes time to set this up.

Have you made any headway with using the Visa Debit Card or with PayPal?

Thanks.

Win 10, 64 bit, love my Lenovo T420, BIAB 2019 (613), RB 2019 (2)

Short term memory is getting shorter.
DEddy #420417 07/04/17 09:31 AM
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Right now there is no option for PayPal on the payment plan with us.

For a Visa Debit card, it would depend on the agreement that goes along with the card - you may want to check with the bank.

Stay tuned though - we are working on setting up the PayPal option still! laugh

-Callie

DEddy #420541 07/05/17 10:20 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey DEddy,

I used my Visa Debit card for my 3 payment renewal this year, Jan.-Mar.

Worked great as I didn't have the cash do renew all at once.

I'll probably renew like that from this point on.

Good Luck!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Right now there is no option for PayPal on the payment plan with us.

For a Visa Debit card, it would depend on the agreement that goes along with the card - you may want to check with the bank.

Stay tuned though - we are working on setting up the PayPal option still! laugh

-Callie

good call, Callie! PayPal is the defacto way to spend money online, and there are probably people who would rather pass up a good deal if they can't pay by PayPal. I have done exactly that on many occasions (but I made an exception for BIAB)

DEddy #420553 07/05/17 11:14 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
...and there are probably people who would rather pass up a good deal if they can't pay by PayPal. I have done exactly that on many occasions.

Me too, Pat. I like that PayPal lets me buy from anywhere in the world and is the only place that has my credit card details (I don't like passing these details on to too many businesses).

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
DEddy #420569 07/05/17 01:04 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes I love PayPal as well but keep in mind PG Music does not keep credit card info after the transaction.

Later guys & guyettes,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hmmm,
that may be a theory to test.
As PCI compliance changes new 'features' are added every day.

PGMusic may not store your card, but it is possible their gateway does. I have no knowledge of whether they do or don't, but I do know that for the user, you probably wouldn't be able to tell.

Example:
You send your credit card for a transaction. The website just passes that information without saving any of it .. but the gateway that approves the transaction may store it. So a processor like Authorize.net or BNG or FirstData may have the feature enabled on the payment gateway account that does this. The card is stored on the secure system there (often called wallet feature or such) and is pretty much transparent to the user.

In some ways this is good; the next time it is possible that 'tokens' can be used when making any transactions, instead of passing the actual CC number again .. but then again your CC# is indeed stored in another location, on another computer.

Which is worse?
PCI Compliance seems to think that not passing that data any more often than necessary is better. They would be the ones to enforce the change.
So far it is a feature, and not prohibited in my experience.

The more you know!

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
This is fantastic! Now I will be getting BACK into BIAB by 2018!! laugh I've wanted to for awhile now but thought I'd have to wait another year. Indeed, no way (the way I spend money), was I going to be able to come up with the $600.00 by New Years. (Retired). That is (2017 prices) "First-time Purchase PRO=$129.00 & "UltraPlusPAK=$469.00. Anyhow, I was about to write to PG Music to see if they might be coming up with such a payment plan (American Musical Supply even has one) but did a search first and found this:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=369858&an=16

YAY!! laugh

(Rant coming) First time I bought BIAB was in 2009 and upgraded in 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014 and then, a year or so later, my computer crashed and I was unable to boot up ever since and, so, it's been in the corner of the room since then. I did purchase a "USAB 3.0 to SATA and IDE Converter" but never got around to transferring anything (yet) from the old HD to the new one. (On the bright side it was time for a new computer anyhow as the old OS was Win XP and I now have Win 10.) The main thing was that, well, since I didn't upgrade BIAB for a few years anyhow, I decided to simply start over as if this was my first purchase. And, now, I will be able to, THIS YEAR, with the help of this payment plan!! cool

Thanks! smile

DEddy #431657 09/29/17 07:45 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Rokq22 -

You should buy the upgrade (they should have a record or your previous purchases). Except for the PlusPak disk (which is just used to upgrade your previous version to the latest), all the other packages are complete. So since you had the previous versions (through 2014), you should be able to get the $299 upgrade price for the UltraPlusPak. And if you wait a few months, there will most likely be the new 2018 version on sale where you might save even more. But you shouldn't have to pay "first-time" price. You don't have to have it already installed to install with one of the upgrade packages.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
jford #431673 09/29/17 09:29 AM
Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
Thanks, and you were correct, the upgrades are complete! cool

I wrote to them and received this:
Quote:
We have confirmed that you have a previous version of Band-in-a-Box. Your most recent version was the 2014 version, as you mentioned in your e-mail, so you would then be looking at the upgrade pricing from "Upgrade from 2015 or earlier" pricing. You do not have to use the first time Purchase pricing.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

We see that you had the UltraPlusPAK last time. if you wish to have the same amount of content we recommend upgrading to the UltraPlusPAK again, which would cost 299$USD, not including shipping.

YAY!!! cool laugh grin

Last edited by rokq22; 09/29/17 11:11 AM.
DEddy #431674 09/29/17 09:30 AM
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
rokq22... Even though your older versions of the program are not up and running, you still qualify for upgrade pricing! Any "Upgrade from earlier" is a complete installation, so it will work fine for you!

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
DEddy #431967 10/02/17 05:41 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If you do upgrade, you will also now receive your own authorization code number which authorizes up to three installations concurrently (although it is expected that you use it only one at a time). BIAB 2014 did require authorization for installation, but since 2015 it has been required.

Additionally, when you register your number on the PGMusic "My Account" page, you will also have access to download versions of your purchase, broken down into bite size chunks. So if you ever have a problem with your USB drive, you can still download the content to re-install, or if certain files get corrupt, you can just download the content you need (for example, a specific RealTracks set).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,558
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200