Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Lawrence, this one holds the listeners interest all the way through! The vocal is outstanding as well as everything else! Great song! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey, thank you very much!

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Yeah, that guitar is a good match for a story song! I like your choice of a drum track for this, as it provides a really interesting cadence. It also sounds a bit like a train, which works well with your main image.

The wordplay is good too... Daniel is apparently one of those guys who rolls in more than one way. I kept expecting lines that expanded on the verbal possibilities; but in retrospect, I think you were wise to play that card the way you did.

Aspects of the song reminded me of Dylan, and also of Paul Simon... but in the end, that distinctive voice makes it completely yours.

I typically hold people in relatively high esteem when they know their passion and make sacrifices to live it. But I thought it was presumptuous that Daniel would expect any kind of royalties from your song, and that piece of information makes me think a little less of him. I suppose that's just how he rolls...
Thank you Pat. You're very kind. Yes "Daniel Rolls" is such a great metaphor and he just handed it to me smile .

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I enjoyed the song, and the tracks gave it that "train chugging" sound that seemed a good fit for the subject matter.

Clever use of the the double meaning as well. smile

My only nit is that the mix seemed overly bright, so there were places in the mix where the vocal seemed to be overwhelmed by the instruments.
I have re-mixed it and hope it's a bit clearer now. Thank you for letting me know.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Oh yeah, it's always a treat to hear that great voice.

And along with it comes a cool backstory and a very strong write.

"The wordplay is good too... Daniel is apparently one of those guys who rolls in more than one way. I kept expecting lines that expanded on the verbal possibilities; but in retrospect, I think you were wise to play that card the way you did. "

What Pat said in the above quote well articulates our feelings. The wordplay is really clever...and effective.

Somebody mentioned the percussion hinting at the train feel of the song. Yep, it does and that's cool.

This one begs a subtle video!

Most enjoyable...

J&B

Thank you both so very much.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool story Lawrence. I am with David had my toe tapping from the first bar of the song. Super vocal. Guitar was superb. Well done....
Thank you Scott.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

A classic!!

Man, I just loved this and tapped my feet the entire time--while I smiled.

Masterful chord progression, singing, lyrics, vibe, everything.

A signature sound from an artist.

"Daniel rolls his own."

!!!!!

Great line!! Jealous!!!

smile

A signature sound from an artist, a true artist (David said it right!). Always love your stuff and you vocals are always TOPS!! Take care. Greg
Greg, that's very generous. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Back for another listen or two...one of the best story songs posted in a long time....

J&B
You two are always so kind to me. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great story in a song form, outstanding!

Excellent backing tracks and vocal. Outstanding lyrics and mix.

You should be very proud of this one.
Mario, thank you very much.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Thanks for sharing, gruverider! Very interesting story, and a very good song as well smile Had my head bopping the whole song! I loved when the electric guitar came in too, I wasn't expecting it. Great job - you should be proud of this one!
Thank you for listening Deryk. Glad you enjoyed it.