Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#416256 - 06/02/17 12:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Another song that raises the bar.......

Collaborations are probably my favorite song posts here on the forum. Individually, there is so much talent to choose from. Collaborations always bring us up to the next level to strive for -

Top notch write, arrangement, mix, performance and certainly a top notch, professional recording. Love the ending... and the video. Superb collaboration.

Interesting note about the videos that YouTube provides us choices to view next after watching your video production.

First, there's one from Ken Tamplin telling us he can teach us how to sing any song --
all the while we're listening to Janice's over the top vocals - knowing she is in a class by herself... Yea, Ken, tell us more...

That's followed by a DIY video detailing how to repair your guitar with baking soda and super glue -- after it's exploded trying to play the blues like Peter....

A little further down is a video DIY to make a Sound Recording/Foley Room as if that would help me mix a song with the finesse and clarity of a Bud Mix......

Funny videos that reinforce that you guys rock...

Charlie

Charlie, your positive and supportive review means a lot to us but, man, to describe those videos was just too cool. We had to go back and find them smile

And your mixes always sound great to us!

J&B
J&B Website

#416293 - 06/02/17 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm late to the party but man am I glad I heard this! Everything that I wanted to say has been said but as a lover of blues I will add this is better than a lot of the blues you hear on the radio or Internet.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#416323 - 06/02/17 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Greg Johnson]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! Those are some tasty blues! Cool blues concept. A clever write, and awesome production and mix. Janice and Peter have performances simply dripping with some great blues sauce. Wonderful job on EVERYTHING!! Take care. Greg

Greg
Thanks for those kind words.

Peter

#416401 - 06/03/17 02:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud, Peter

Janis is really lively when she sings the blues.
Peter's guitar is also very pleasant and powerful.
Super Collaboration!
Very enjoyable listen.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks for those comments Shigeki.

Peter

#416431 - 06/03/17 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Charlie McG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie McG
Great playing and singing. Love the blues.

Thanks for listening Charlie!

J&B
J&B Website

#416588 - 06/05/17 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool. that's all - COOL!

That's a plenty for us!

Thank you.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B, Peter, everything in this one works great! The vocal just carries this song along in a wonderful way and the guitar work is perfect along with the tone on that thing! Another fine piece of music! Thanks, Torrey

Those comments are much appreciated Torrey! Glad you liked it.

J&B
J&B Website

#416691 - 06/06/17 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Lawd have mercy y'all.

This is sweet cream butta.

I gotta have more.

smile

Great job. Love it!

David, your reviews are priceless.

Thanks!

J&B
J&B Website

#416939 - 06/08/17 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late to the party but man am I glad I heard this! Everything that I wanted to say has been said but as a lover of blues I will add this is better than a lot of the blues you hear on the radio or Internet.

This is a keeper.

Thanks Mario. That is much appreciated and especially from a blues lover.

J&B
J&B Website

#417451 - 06/12/17 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink

#417916 - 06/15/17 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink

Thanks -- a lot! Soul button at 11? How cool is that!? Couldn't have better described what we were aiming for. And, yes, Peter's guitar was perfecto for the whole vibe and particularly the vocal. And thanks for mentioning the mix with a shoutout to Izotope for Neutron's masking meter. Really glad you felt that way about the video. We couldn't agree more. I never liked videos that connect all the dots and leave you with a memory that was, in effect, defined by the video and not your interpretation of the lyric.

We appreciate it all!

J&B
J&B Website

#417937 - 06/15/17 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (06/15/17 11:58 AM)

#417978 - 06/15/17 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Sergio

#418099 - 06/16/17 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Thanks Deryk! Glad you like the organ...it is a killer RT. We appreciate you checking in and offering up such nice comments.

J&B

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio...Peter did, for sure, do some super playing!

J&B
J&B Website

#418588 - 06/20/17 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Just came back from a short break and would like to thank everyone I missed for the comments on this song.
It was an enjoyable experience and it's always a privilege to be on the same track as Janice.

Peter

#421677 - 07/14/17 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

#421903 - 07/16/17 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

#421953 - 07/16/17 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

Noel, it is ALWAYS a treat when you comment on one of our songs. Thanks for everything you said and when mention the lyric it means even more...given your depth of understanding of lyrics and the beauty of your writes.

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

We are soooooooooo low down it seems like up!

Thanks mr gruve

J&B
J&B Website

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27718 Members
50 Forums
52590 Topics
435829 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, 89f9193d71, jack homburg, perljazz

27718 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 152
David Snyder 149