Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#416588 - 06/05/17 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool. that's all - COOL!

That's a plenty for us!

Thank you.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B, Peter, everything in this one works great! The vocal just carries this song along in a wonderful way and the guitar work is perfect along with the tone on that thing! Another fine piece of music! Thanks, Torrey

Those comments are much appreciated Torrey! Glad you liked it.

J&B
J&B Website

#416691 - 06/06/17 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Lawd have mercy y'all.

This is sweet cream butta.

I gotta have more.

smile

Great job. Love it!

David, your reviews are priceless.

Thanks!

J&B
J&B Website

#416939 - 06/08/17 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late to the party but man am I glad I heard this! Everything that I wanted to say has been said but as a lover of blues I will add this is better than a lot of the blues you hear on the radio or Internet.

This is a keeper.

Thanks Mario. That is much appreciated and especially from a blues lover.

J&B
J&B Website

#417451 - 06/12/17 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink

#417916 - 06/15/17 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What?! I HAVE to apologize. I have listened to this song many times since it was posted and would swear that I commented! I looked twice this morning and can't seem to find them, so I am sorry for that! I find it wrong to enjoy something to this extent and not extend a "thank you!" for sharing it. So...Thank You! smile

The soul button on this thing is on 11. Man, the vocals get me! I would say how awesome Janet's vocals are; but it's like stating the "sun is bright." We all know it; and it almost makes you look stupid having said it. wink Great job!

The guitar work is another vocal, if you ask me. I know what it's saying. It's speaking my language. There are no words, only feeling. To me, that's what this style should be. With this song, it is! I really enjoyed it!

The production is one of those things that I appreciate soooooo much...because I can't do it! I sit back and get to witness the greatness of others. I love the production in this. Everything has it's space and fits together to the point of not noticing it. Again, that's what THIS music needs! It's a little bit "showing off" by knowing all the things NOT to do, or add. That's a special kind of brilliance to me.

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding the video that you did. I really enjoy this style of video as opposed to the kind that are acted out. To me those distract or many times color what YOU thought the song was about. This fit just right to me. Well done in my book.

Ok, I'm feeling much better having said that. Now, I just close this window without hitting "submit" right? wink

Thanks -- a lot! Soul button at 11? How cool is that!? Couldn't have better described what we were aiming for. And, yes, Peter's guitar was perfecto for the whole vibe and particularly the vocal. And thanks for mentioning the mix with a shoutout to Izotope for Neutron's masking meter. Really glad you felt that way about the video. We couldn't agree more. I never liked videos that connect all the dots and leave you with a memory that was, in effect, defined by the video and not your interpretation of the lyric.

We appreciate it all!

J&B
J&B Website

#417937 - 06/15/17 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (06/15/17 11:58 AM)

#417978 - 06/15/17 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Sergio

#418099 - 06/16/17 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow Janice & Bud - what a tune! The organ was a great touch, wasn't expecting that! Not to mention Janice nailed the vocals. You two should be proud of this one!
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Thanks Deryk! Glad you like the organ...it is a killer RT. We appreciate you checking in and offering up such nice comments.

J&B

Great sound and vocal.
I hear a super organ and guitar.

Excellent song as usual.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio...Peter did, for sure, do some super playing!

J&B
J&B Website

#418588 - 06/20/17 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
PeterF Offline
Expert

Loc: Sydney Australia
Just came back from a short break and would like to thank everyone I missed for the comments on this song.
It was an enjoyable experience and it's always a privilege to be on the same track as Janice.

Peter

#421677 - 07/14/17 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

#421903 - 07/16/17 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

#421953 - 07/16/17 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: "There I Am" featuring PeterF (back to the blues) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Yet another gold medal to add to your treasure chest!

This is stunning. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this. As I was listened to Janice's vocals, the word "exquisite" jumped into my mind; Peter's guitar work gave me the word "brilliant"; and when I thought about the mix, the boxes for clarity, balance and professional got enthusiastic ticks! Everyone has done so well with this creation.

I love the way the lyrics flow in the hook line

Quote:
no matter what road I travel there I am

Really exceptional on all levels!

All the best,
Noel

Noel, it is ALWAYS a treat when you comment on one of our songs. Thanks for everything you said and when mention the lyric it means even more...given your depth of understanding of lyrics and the beauty of your writes.

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
I have to say that's so low down of the three of you. Just low down.

We are soooooooooo low down it seems like up!

Thanks mr gruve

J&B
J&B Website

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26959 Members
49 Forums
49685 Topics
406654 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hommi, raysaxsorus, piet mantel, Lubby, Carryduff

26958 Registered Users