Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
You captured the vibe on this one for sure. Every portion of the globe was expertly represented.

This is an outstanding instrumental!

This is a keeper.

Mario,

You are much too kind! Thank you so much ... glad it resonated with you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Al David, a man of many talents,

this sounds great, very melodic

very much world music

very enjoyable

Kenny

Thank you, Kenny! I've always enjoy all kinds of music ... I grew up watching black and white moviies from the forties & fifties and always loved the sound tracks. I appreciate the kind words!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
A very atmospheric piece you wrote here Al!
We can imagine that it would suit the movie very well indeed!
And it's all midi? Well, that's hardly noticeable.
We also dig the very cool ending.
Great work.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi Rob & Anne-Marie,

Yep, all midi except the low-key drums. And thanks for mentioning the ending ... you have no idea how many I did that before I got what I wanted ... kind of like fanfare at the end! Thank you for the very nice compliments!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Really cool Alan. Very movie-ish. Sounds perfect for the assignment!

smile

Great job.

Hii David ...

"Movie-ish" works for me ... that was the intent! I appreciate your feedback and kind words!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Alan, this is such a beautiful piece! The chord changes/melody are very moving. Thanks, Torrey

Torrey,

Aw ... thanks so much! I really enjoyed working on this one. I'm delighted it seems to be well-received. And thank you personally!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

A very pretty tune. Very movie-ish.
Various perfumes are well blended.
Not only Japanese mode but also other world's mode.
Very enjoyable listen.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki,

Thank you so much ... I'm delighted you enjoyed it!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Al, you certainly captured the feel, the ambiance, and the spirit of what you set out to achieve.

A very beautiful song.

Masterfully sculptured!

HI Trevor,

Thank you! Your kind words are music to my ears!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Terrific job on this, Alan. Very good listen.

Congrats on using BIAB for generating a bit of cash!

Floyd,

Thanks a bunch! It wasn't lot of money but it made a couple of car payments and a nice dinner!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Wow! It's very easy to understand why they liked it so much.

For our ears it perfectly captures the scenario you described.

Midi (other than Midi super tracks) is a mystery to me but whatever you did works so well.

Excellent!!!

J&B

Thanks so much, guys! Midi is a mystery to me, too! I just loaded the tracks and farted around with them until I git a sound that I liked. (I like to give technical explanations ... ha!)

Thanks again!

ALan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This reminds me a bit of Feudal Japan from the tone! I love the mix of flavours to this one! Nicely done.

Hi Ember. It's always a treat to hear from the PG Music folks. That was part of the intent ... Feudal Japan. I'm more than delighted it came across to you. Thansk again!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really pretty Al!! Sounds like perfect score music. Didn't know you did instrumentals. Very nicely done!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks! I do a **LOT** of film music. But I don't post them here because most them are done on a different program. In fact, I have an entire album of soundtracks pieces called "Sounds of the City". I tried to capture the nuances of the various aspects of the big city.

Thanks for your kind words!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear Mr. David...

I have appreciated the special function of music composed for dramatic films ever since I was kid. This piece, "Remembering Tokyo" (what an evocative title!) mesmerized me to the point that I found myself imagining what the visual scheme of the main title sequence might be, based on the melancholy, perhaps even tragic quality of your music.

This is one of the most unique compositions created in B-I-A-B that I've heard on the "User's Forum." Is the film available for viewing in the United States?

Sincerely,

bluage (a.k.a. Loren)

Hi Loren,

I apologize for the tardy reply. My wife's health is not good and I've been tied up with that lately. I'm glad you enjoyed the track! I always loved film music ... I grew up listening to the soundtracks of the old movies from the forties and fifties and have been enamored with them since.

The film people are shooting out od town for a while. When they return, I'll ask them about the name of the movie and where it might be seen.

Thanks for your kind words!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Beautiful piece! very well executed and indeed worthy of a film score.

Mike B.

Mike,

You are much too kind ... but I like it! I'm happy you liked it ... thanks for letting me know.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan

See I haven't commented although I listened when it was posted.
So like they all said...and very evocative.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan

See I haven't commented although I listened when it was posted.
So like they all said...and very evocative.

Peter

Thank you, Peter. I'll take "evocative" any ole day. I appreciate your very nice words!

Alan

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi David,

Wonderful work! I love it.

The Japanese flavor is well expressed and mixed with other countries'. The sitar sound is effectively used in place of the Koto sound.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
.., about a young Japanese couple in San Francisco who were getting married. ... The hangup was he came from a family of strict cultural tradition and she was from a family who'd loved all over the world.

I know a very similar Japanese couple. In this case, she is from a family of strict Japanese cultural tradition which is very rare today in Japan especially in large cities. She is from the city in Kyushu that was a castle town and therefore still inherits some of the Samurai-age culture. She herself is free from the tradition. They live in Tokyo for long and met there. They got married last year. Their wedding was held in Hawaii.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HiroshiK
Hi David,

Wonderful work! I love it.

The Japanese flavor is well expressed and mixed with other countries'. The sitar sound is effectively used in place of the Koto sound.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
.., about a young Japanese couple in San Francisco who were getting married. ... The hangup was he came from a family of strict cultural tradition and she was from a family who'd loved all over the world.

I know a very similar Japanese couple. In this case, she is from a family of strict Japanese cultural tradition which is very rare today in Japan especially in large cities. She is from the city in Kyushu that was a castle town and therefore still inherits some of the Samurai-age culture. She herself is free from the tradition. They live in Tokyo for long and met there. They got married last year. Their wedding was held in Hawaii.

Hiroshi

Thank you very much, Hiroshi. And that's a very interesting story you told about the Japanese couple. Hawatt ... beautiful! I spent a month in Japan in 1967 - you have a very beautiful country!

Thank you again for your wonderful comments!

Alan

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Mr. David...

I am truly sorry to read that your wife is experiencing less-than-good health. Boy, oh, boy, our bodies sure like to remind us who's the boss, don't they? frown

Well, my late mother, Edith, taught me that you pray for what you really need, and not what you want, so, I am going to petition Our Creator to deliver some quick and lasting relief to your wife from whatever is ailing her.

What is your wife's first name, so I can let Our Creator know for whom I'm asking the blessings?

Most sincerely,

"bluage" (a.k.a. Loren)

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You certainly captured a Japanese Feel to this tune.
Nicely done.
Rob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan, That sure caught me by surprise. It is certainly a showcase of your versatility. I enjoyed it and congrats on depositing a check. Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,476
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195