You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#424821 - 08/06/17 01:46 PM [My Favorite Things] The Love for Windows
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
My favorite thing about BIAB is the love Windows users get. They get a bunch cool extra feature like the ability to audition and Realband. You sure know how to make them feel important.

Edited by Islansoul (08/06/17 01:46 PM)
music producer/engineer

#424844 - 08/06/17 03:42 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: The Love for Windows [Re: Islansoul]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
IMHO the only reason that BiaB is so advanced in Windows is that it has been a Windows only program for many many years. The Mac version is only a few years old. I'm sure that the Mac version will be identical or almost identical to the Windows version is a few of years. Keep making suggestions so everyone knows what the difference is. I personally no nothing about the Mac version.

It must be very hard to program for two different and changing OSes. But keep on harping about the differences as PGMusic does listen to its customers.

[edit] - plus there are a lot more PCs out there in hobbyist's hands than Macs. Thus PGMusic's main thrust in this very small users market will be on the Windows side of things.

Edited by MarioD (08/06/17 03:45 PM)

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#424924 - 08/07/17 05:30 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: The Love for Windows [Re: MarioD]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

I know nothing about the windows version, but thank you for making me feel better.
music producer/engineer

#424927 - 08/07/17 05:35 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: The Love for Windows [Re: MarioD]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: MarioD
IMHO the only reason that BiaB is so advanced in Windows is that it has been a Windows only program for many many years. The Mac version is only a few years old. I'm sure that the Mac version will be identical or almost identical to the Windows version is a few of years. Keep making suggestions so everyone knows what the difference is. I personally no nothing about the Mac version.

It must be very hard to program for two different and changing OSes. But keep on harping about the differences as PGMusic does listen to its customers.

[edit] - plus there are a lot more PCs out there in hobbyist's hands than Macs. Thus PGMusic's main thrust in this very small users market will be on the Windows side of things.

Thanks for you input, as I know nothing about the Window's version of Band In a Box. However, most people in the music industry use Macs and most plugins work on a Mac with almost the same features. I wish I had a comparison list of the Windows version and the Mac version so I can make my requests.
music producer/engineer

#424979 - 08/07/17 12:07 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: The Love for Windows [Re: Islansoul]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Islansoul

Thanks for you input, as I know nothing about the Window's version of Band In a Box. However, most people in the music industry use Macs and most plugins work on a Mac with almost the same features. I wish I had a comparison list of the Windows version and the Mac version so I can make my requests.

You might want to change that statement to most pros use a Mac. Around my neck of the woods hobbyist, music teachers and semi-pros use Windows and not Macs. Mostly because of the cost of both the machine and the software. There are a lot of good inexpensive or free DAWs and other music software for Windows, however I must add that I do not know what is available for a Mac.

I would think that PGMusic could give you a comparison list so you might want to ask.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#425011 - 08/07/17 01:54 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: The Love for Windows [Re: Islansoul]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Islansoul
My favorite thing about BIAB is the love Windows users get. They get a bunch cool extra feature like the ability to audition and Realband. You sure know how to make them feel important.

The Mac is a bit behind but that all may change soon 64-bit Version of Biab it seems inevitable that Biab will have to go Cross-platform 64bit re-write. This will give you the same version/features/release date.

As Mac is now using hardware (Intel) developed by Windows users this makes it easier, no more G5 PowerPC's for me, as I use them for boat anchors now. So Macs should be a lot cheaper now as Apple do not have to develop their own hardware.

#425020 - 08/07/17 02:15 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: The Love for Windows [Re: Pipeline]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
it seems inevitable that Biab will have to go Cross-platform 64bit re-write. This will give you the same version/features/release date.

This. I don't know about release date, but the basic program should have the same core for each platform. Macs are not unique hardware anymore; they are just another PC with components chosen and controlled by Apple. Users of the old Apple hardware may be living on borrowed time, as that user base gets even smaller relative to the Windows world.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27839 Members
57 Forums
53178 Topics
440754 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27838 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 139
Al-David 130