You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#425024 - 08/07/17 02:39 PM [RealBand Wishlist] RB Markers window - save content into WAV file
Chris Heinen Offline
Enthusiast

In RB, when you select the menu item "merge audio and vsti tracks to stereo WAV file" it would be useful if the content of the Markers window were saved into the WAV file using "cue list" meta data.

DAWs such as Reaper, and audio editors such as Cool Edit have the means to display and edit marker information that has been saved with the WAV using "cue list" meta data. As an example of this app interoperability, a user can create markers and regions in Reaper, render with the "markers and regions" option turned on, then open the WAV in Cool Edit and open the "cue list" window. The user will then see, and can double click and go-to any marker/region while in the Cool Edit app. Or, a user can create a WAV in Cool Edit, create some "cue list" items somewhere in the WAV file and save it, then import the WAV file in Reaper and it displays the cue list items in the middle of the waveform.

Enhancing RB to take the text from the Markers window and embed it into the rendered WAV helps document what each section of the WAV represents (e.g. verse, chorus, bridge, etc.) and helps navigate the WAV file in any 3rd party app that recognizes and displays this meta data.

#425086 - 08/07/17 09:48 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RB Markers window - save content into WAV file [Re: Chris Heinen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Have been asking for that for a long time "Write BWF (bext) chunk".
All the Markers will save in a midi file, if you have no midi just create a Metronome Track.
When dragged into REAPER it will ask to Import Midi Markers.

I have been asking for a Copy Chords to Markers command, so when the Midi is Exported you will have the chord track in your DAW.
I asked for it in RapidComposer, RealGuitar and some other app and they put it in.

#425155 - 08/08/17 10:53 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RB Markers window - save content into WAV file [Re: Pipeline]
Chris Heinen Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Pipeline,

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I currently use MIDI files to get the marker data (should prob write something in the tip forum). It works fine.

I wrote this Wishlist item thinking it would reduce having to use a MIDI file and so that a person could see their RB markers in apps (e.g. Cool Edit) that understand cue list info.

BTW - I haven't been turning on "write BWF (bext) chunk" in Reaper during renders, just the "markers and regions" option to get the meta data into the WAV so I can see it in the "cue list" in Cool Edit. I was under the impression that BWF was something different than cue lists. Thoughts?

You "copy chords" wishlist request sounds useful, too. Being able to see the chords in the markers in Reaper would help if a person is doing overdubs on their instrument after closing down RB. I hope it gets in an upcoming version of RB...

Edited by Chris Heinen (08/08/17 10:55 AM)

#425283 - 08/08/17 11:25 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: RB Markers window - save content into WAV file [Re: Chris Heinen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I just use the "Write BWF (bext) chunk" to write the chords into the wav file.
To get the the chords from RB into REAPER I have to save to BB SGU then export the Midi Chord Output track from Biab into RapidComposer then save the midi again to get the Chord Markers then drag into REAPER.

I have been requesting features and fixes in RB for years and years, it is very, very, frustrating, so don't expect too much.
There are many great suggestions here but they never really get picked up.
I think at the end of the day BB Win/BB Mac need a Cross-platform 64bit re-write and have a Win/Mac VST version instead of RealBand.

I do Beta testing for RapidComposer and just about every feature requested is implemented in a very short time.

BB and RB are fantastic for what they do, nothing else does it, but just need modernizing.

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27988 Members
57 Forums
53991 Topics
445992 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace, barrywear, Steve Taylor

27987 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 174