You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#424566 - 08/04/17 04:32 PM [RealBand Wishlist] MIDI Chord Detection
Chris Heinen Offline
Enthusiast

In BIAB (not RB) there is menu item for "MIDI Chord Detection" which brings up a window titled "Play Chord on MIDI keyboard". The user can then play a chord on their keyboard, and the window updates 4 edit fields with the most likely spelling of the chord played. The user can then use their computer keyboard and "ctrl-Enter" the top-most field back into the Chords window, or click one of four window buttons to have the corresponding chord entered into the Chords window.

It would be useful if this window were also available in RB.

#424612 - 08/05/17 08:41 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: MIDI Chord Detection [Re: Chris Heinen]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1 It would be a nice addition but not essential. I do not think it is essential for RealBand to duplicate every feature of Band-in-a-Box because I depend on both programs and realize each program has unique strengths and weaknesses. The strengths seem to complement each other.

I depend on the midi capabilities of Band-in-a-Box much more than than RealBand. That might be because RealBand is derived from PG Music's DAW, PowerTracks Pro, which has strong audio features while Band-in-a-Box has strong midi features.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#425021 - 08/07/17 02:16 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: MIDI Chord Detection [Re: Jim Fogle]
Chris Heinen Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Jim,

That's interesting. I never thought of it that way.

I was thinking that since the functionality already existed in BIAB, that it would basically be a menu item in RB plus a reference to that existing function in BIAB (kind of like being able to get to the RealTracks picker, Style picker, etc.).

In any event, I'll keep adding Wishlist items, in case any of it becomes "low hanging fruit" for the developers.

#425170 - 08/08/17 12:10 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: MIDI Chord Detection [Re: Chris Heinen]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Ideas are great! Keep on posting them.

Sometimes users get so comfortable with the particular way something works they forget about the hoops they had to jump through before the action became natural.

The more wishlist requests we see the more new features can be considered or alternative ways to perform specific tasks.

Sometimes real simple ideas can make a B-I-G difference.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

Forum Stats
27829 Members
51 Forums
52990 Topics
439802 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
yeto, tdh10, Damian Lluch, milesk, alvesbdanilo

27828 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 149
David Snyder 137