You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#280386 - 01/16/15 01:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Tommy,

It's something to be grateful of, if your parents reach an age like that. My mother died at the age of 66. I would have loved it if she would have been 96.
On the other hand.... loosing time and memories is so sad and maybe it's good not to have experienced this with her.

Oh yes.... about the song..... beautiful, but in this case the story is more important.

Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#280544 - 01/17/15 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: Rob4580]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Tommy,

Sensitive and profound tune.

Dean[/quote]
Thanks for the wonderful comment. Tom
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Great story telling.
Excellent country vocals.

Good work.
Rob

Rob, true stories are always the best. Thanks, Tom

Edited by tommyad (01/17/15 11:04 AM)

#280547 - 01/17/15 11:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: RnAM]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Tommy,

It's something to be grateful of, if your parents reach an age like that. My mother died at the age of 66. I would have loved it if she would have been 96.
On the other hand.... loosing time and memories is so sad and maybe it's good not to have experienced this with her.

Oh yes.... about the song..... beautiful, but in this case the story is more important.

Anne-Marie

AM, I am very lucky and very grateful to have had them both for so long. Thanks, Tom

#280550 - 01/17/15 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
Carolyne Offline
Apprentice

Loc: California
This song brought tears to my eyes. Emotional lyric and vocal. Given the effects of dementia and Alzheimer's, the unresolved ending was especially profound. Thank you for sharing.
- Carolyne

#280690 - 01/18/15 02:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Tom,

This is songwriting at its very best. I haven't experienced such an emotional musical journey for a long, long time. To be able to use so few words to paint such a vivid picture and to deal so sensitively with such a sad subject ...

Beautiful.

All the best,
Noel

#280702 - 01/18/15 05:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: Noel96]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Carolyne
This song brought tears to my eyes. Emotional lyric and vocal. Given the effects of dementia and Alzheimer's, the unresolved ending was especially profound. Thank you for sharing.
- Carolyne

Carolyne, Thank you for the nice comments. The ending was the last part to happen. It required me to go back and rerecord the entire song. I'm glad I did. Tom
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Tom,

This is songwriting at its very best. I haven't experienced such an emotional musical journey for a long, long time. To be able to use so few words to paint such a vivid picture and to deal so sensitively with such a sad subject ...

Beautiful.

All the best,
Noel

Noel, thank you. Coming from you, that made my day. Keeping the lyrics simple seemed to work better as we all are somewhat familiar with the topic. A big thanks, Tom

#326333 - 12/19/15 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
J&G Offline

Loc: pa, usa
tommy,
i'm new here and just stumbled on your stuff. for some unknown reason i wasn't able to get "who i once was" to play, but i'm looking forward to trying it on different pc.

so i found myself at you website. you write some terrific stuff (but i guess you already know that) great lyrics and melody and interesting subjects.
keep writing!

i'm not as experienced with biab as you folks on this thread,but i'm very much diggin' the tool and that there's a place like this to hear other peoples material and learn from the projects that they have produced.

gary

#326377 - 12/20/15 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Gary, Welcome to the forum. I hope that you will be posting soon. Biab is very easy to learn and use and there is a good number of forum members willing to help if you have questions. Thanks for listening to my songs and commenting. Tom

#326481 - 12/20/15 07:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
J&G Offline

Loc: pa, usa
tom,
thx for the reply and the welcome...

i'm really enjoying the creative writing idea's members share and the different way that some people perceive and use biab. and pg music has a very organic feel when i call for support. kent sorted out and issue last week that i never would have figured out. this one wasn't even in the book but he hung in 'till he got it to work.

Kent and i think trevor is another name i recall have been tremendously helpful and there was a lady i spoke to a while back (i didn't get her name) who was an awesome help as well.

as far as posting goes , i'd love to but i'm not sure how and i don't yet know what the rules are. is there a doc in here that explains that stuff? i recall reading something about a limit to display at one time as far as uploading goes.

i have 19 pieces done in biab on my company website. they are hosted from sound cloud. as soon as i find these rules, i'd like to get stared posing. i'm hoping to get get some tips on getting better with biab.

i've had biab for years but i just couldn't get my head wrapped around it and hardly opened it up until i heard those real tracks in an email add. that opened up a flood gate of possibilities for me.
thx,
g

#326536 - 12/21/15 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
DIOECHOOTO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: OH - Ohio
Tommy, everyone, this whole thread is a treasure, starting with the song, and continuing with your comments. The expression beautiful people must be a bit sardonic when signifying some fab glamorous jet set, but could it ring any truer for the kind, decent and brave set? Thank you for sharing!

Edited by DIOECHOOTO (12/21/15 06:55 AM)

#326573 - 12/21/15 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: DIOECHOOTO]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: J&G
tom,
thx for the reply and the welcome...

i'm really enjoying the creative writing idea's members share and the different way that some people perceive and use biab. and pg music has a very organic feel when i call for support. kent sorted out and issue last week that i never would have figured out. this one wasn't even in the book but he hung in 'till he got it to work.

Kent and i think trevor is another name i recall have been tremendously helpful and there was a lady i spoke to a while back (i didn't get her name) who was an awesome help as well.

as far as posting goes , i'd love to but i'm not sure how and i don't yet know what the rules are. is there a doc in here that explains that stuff? i recall reading something about a limit to display at one time as far as uploading goes.

i have 19 pieces done in biab on my company website. they are hosted from sound cloud. as soon as i find these rules, i'd like to get stared posing. i'm hoping to get get some tips on getting better with biab.

i've had biab for years but i just couldn't get my head wrapped around it and hardly opened it up until i heard those real tracks in an email add. that opened up a flood gate of possibilities for me.
thx,
g
Gary, There is a list of forum rules at the top of the page. One unsaid rule is to only post one song until it drops off the first page. Tom
Originally Posted By: DIOECHOOTO
Tommy, everyone, this whole thread is a treasure, starting with the song, and continuing with your comments. The expression beautiful people must be a bit sardonic when signifying some fab glamorous jet set, but could it ring any truer for the kind, decent and brave set? Thank you for sharing!
D, Thanks for the very kind words. Tom

#326587 - 12/21/15 10:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
SRP Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
I wasn't on the forum when you posted this one so this is my first listen. I really enjoyed it. A lot us have and are still going through making memories of someone that has reached the end of their life and it can be a challenge or and honor (or both) to be a part of this time in someone's life. Thanks for sharing your memories through this song.
Sonny

#326589 - 12/21/15 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: SRP]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: SRP
I wasn't on the forum when you posted this one so this is my first listen. I really enjoyed it. A lot us have and are still going through making memories of someone that has reached the end of their life and it can be a challenge or and honor (or both) to be a part of this time in someone's life. Thanks for sharing your memories through this song.
Sonny
Thanks Sonny, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. Tom

#425402 - 08/09/17 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Lovely song. I can really relate to your lyrics having a grandmother with dementia. Thank you for sharing.

www.sammycountry.com

#425458 - 08/10/17 05:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Samuel, thank you for digging deep and finding this one. I appreciate that you listened and commented. Tom

#425566 - 08/10/17 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: Pat Marr]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Tommy... as I read through your replies to each person's review, I can't help but notice that even your casual snippets of thought are all suitable for framing as sound bytes in a song! You speak in nuggets of wisdom!

we can't be friends anymore. I'm too jealous of your talent(s)

wink

(kidding of course.. but not about the talent)

Pat, you are so right. Back some time ago, I was just browsing his web site and was able to write the lyrics to a song just from reading the song titles from his list of songs. He, in turn, graciously, recorded it.

Charlie

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27974 Members
57 Forums
53961 Topics
445691 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mervo, Barrywl, Gabbiano, javah, THE PEA IS FREE

27973 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 152