You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#280386 - 01/16/15 01:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Tommy,

It's something to be grateful of, if your parents reach an age like that. My mother died at the age of 66. I would have loved it if she would have been 96.
On the other hand.... loosing time and memories is so sad and maybe it's good not to have experienced this with her.

Oh yes.... about the song..... beautiful, but in this case the story is more important.

Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#280544 - 01/17/15 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: Rob4580]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Tommy,

Sensitive and profound tune.

Dean[/quote]
Thanks for the wonderful comment. Tom
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Great story telling.
Excellent country vocals.

Good work.
Rob

Rob, true stories are always the best. Thanks, Tom

Edited by tommyad (01/17/15 11:04 AM)

#280547 - 01/17/15 11:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: RnAM]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Tommy,

It's something to be grateful of, if your parents reach an age like that. My mother died at the age of 66. I would have loved it if she would have been 96.
On the other hand.... loosing time and memories is so sad and maybe it's good not to have experienced this with her.

Oh yes.... about the song..... beautiful, but in this case the story is more important.

Anne-Marie

AM, I am very lucky and very grateful to have had them both for so long. Thanks, Tom

#280550 - 01/17/15 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
Carolyne Offline
Apprentice

Loc: California
This song brought tears to my eyes. Emotional lyric and vocal. Given the effects of dementia and Alzheimer's, the unresolved ending was especially profound. Thank you for sharing.
- Carolyne

#280690 - 01/18/15 02:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Tom,

This is songwriting at its very best. I haven't experienced such an emotional musical journey for a long, long time. To be able to use so few words to paint such a vivid picture and to deal so sensitively with such a sad subject ...

Beautiful.

All the best,
Noel

#280702 - 01/18/15 05:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: Noel96]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Carolyne
This song brought tears to my eyes. Emotional lyric and vocal. Given the effects of dementia and Alzheimer's, the unresolved ending was especially profound. Thank you for sharing.
- Carolyne

Carolyne, Thank you for the nice comments. The ending was the last part to happen. It required me to go back and rerecord the entire song. I'm glad I did. Tom
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Tom,

This is songwriting at its very best. I haven't experienced such an emotional musical journey for a long, long time. To be able to use so few words to paint such a vivid picture and to deal so sensitively with such a sad subject ...

Beautiful.

All the best,
Noel

Noel, thank you. Coming from you, that made my day. Keeping the lyrics simple seemed to work better as we all are somewhat familiar with the topic. A big thanks, Tom

#326333 - 12/19/15 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
J&G Offline

Loc: pa, usa
tommy,
i'm new here and just stumbled on your stuff. for some unknown reason i wasn't able to get "who i once was" to play, but i'm looking forward to trying it on different pc.

so i found myself at you website. you write some terrific stuff (but i guess you already know that) great lyrics and melody and interesting subjects.
keep writing!

i'm not as experienced with biab as you folks on this thread,but i'm very much diggin' the tool and that there's a place like this to hear other peoples material and learn from the projects that they have produced.

gary

#326377 - 12/20/15 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Gary, Welcome to the forum. I hope that you will be posting soon. Biab is very easy to learn and use and there is a good number of forum members willing to help if you have questions. Thanks for listening to my songs and commenting. Tom

#326481 - 12/20/15 07:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
J&G Offline

Loc: pa, usa
tom,
thx for the reply and the welcome...

i'm really enjoying the creative writing idea's members share and the different way that some people perceive and use biab. and pg music has a very organic feel when i call for support. kent sorted out and issue last week that i never would have figured out. this one wasn't even in the book but he hung in 'till he got it to work.

Kent and i think trevor is another name i recall have been tremendously helpful and there was a lady i spoke to a while back (i didn't get her name) who was an awesome help as well.

as far as posting goes , i'd love to but i'm not sure how and i don't yet know what the rules are. is there a doc in here that explains that stuff? i recall reading something about a limit to display at one time as far as uploading goes.

i have 19 pieces done in biab on my company website. they are hosted from sound cloud. as soon as i find these rules, i'd like to get stared posing. i'm hoping to get get some tips on getting better with biab.

i've had biab for years but i just couldn't get my head wrapped around it and hardly opened it up until i heard those real tracks in an email add. that opened up a flood gate of possibilities for me.
thx,
g

#326536 - 12/21/15 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
DIOECHOOTO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: OH - Ohio
Tommy, everyone, this whole thread is a treasure, starting with the song, and continuing with your comments. The expression beautiful people must be a bit sardonic when signifying some fab glamorous jet set, but could it ring any truer for the kind, decent and brave set? Thank you for sharing!

Edited by DIOECHOOTO (12/21/15 06:55 AM)

#326573 - 12/21/15 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: DIOECHOOTO]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: J&G
tom,
thx for the reply and the welcome...

i'm really enjoying the creative writing idea's members share and the different way that some people perceive and use biab. and pg music has a very organic feel when i call for support. kent sorted out and issue last week that i never would have figured out. this one wasn't even in the book but he hung in 'till he got it to work.

Kent and i think trevor is another name i recall have been tremendously helpful and there was a lady i spoke to a while back (i didn't get her name) who was an awesome help as well.

as far as posting goes , i'd love to but i'm not sure how and i don't yet know what the rules are. is there a doc in here that explains that stuff? i recall reading something about a limit to display at one time as far as uploading goes.

i have 19 pieces done in biab on my company website. they are hosted from sound cloud. as soon as i find these rules, i'd like to get stared posing. i'm hoping to get get some tips on getting better with biab.

i've had biab for years but i just couldn't get my head wrapped around it and hardly opened it up until i heard those real tracks in an email add. that opened up a flood gate of possibilities for me.
thx,
g
Gary, There is a list of forum rules at the top of the page. One unsaid rule is to only post one song until it drops off the first page. Tom
Originally Posted By: DIOECHOOTO
Tommy, everyone, this whole thread is a treasure, starting with the song, and continuing with your comments. The expression beautiful people must be a bit sardonic when signifying some fab glamorous jet set, but could it ring any truer for the kind, decent and brave set? Thank you for sharing!
D, Thanks for the very kind words. Tom

#326587 - 12/21/15 10:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
SRP Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
I wasn't on the forum when you posted this one so this is my first listen. I really enjoyed it. A lot us have and are still going through making memories of someone that has reached the end of their life and it can be a challenge or and honor (or both) to be a part of this time in someone's life. Thanks for sharing your memories through this song.
Sonny

#326589 - 12/21/15 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: SRP]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: SRP
I wasn't on the forum when you posted this one so this is my first listen. I really enjoyed it. A lot us have and are still going through making memories of someone that has reached the end of their life and it can be a challenge or and honor (or both) to be a part of this time in someone's life. Thanks for sharing your memories through this song.
Sonny
Thanks Sonny, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. Tom

#425402 - 08/09/17 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Lovely song. I can really relate to your lyrics having a grandmother with dementia. Thank you for sharing.

www.sammycountry.com

#425458 - 08/10/17 05:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: tommyad]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Samuel, thank you for digging deep and finding this one. I appreciate that you listened and commented. Tom

#425566 - 08/10/17 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Who I Once Was [Re: Pat Marr]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Tommy... as I read through your replies to each person's review, I can't help but notice that even your casual snippets of thought are all suitable for framing as sound bytes in a song! You speak in nuggets of wisdom!

we can't be friends anymore. I'm too jealous of your talent(s)

wink

(kidding of course.. but not about the talent)

Pat, you are so right. Back some time ago, I was just browsing his web site and was able to write the lyrics to a song just from reading the song titles from his list of songs. He, in turn, graciously, recorded it.

Charlie

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Forum Stats
27615 Members
50 Forums
52220 Topics
432181 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Cipher, BillyP, fleahead, Dolph, annzpdas01

27614 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 192
Noel96 173