Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#425619 - 08/11/17 04:07 AM [Off-Topic] More news from soundcloud ...
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Time Flies

#425622 - 08/11/17 05:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
If they go down the tubes I'm moving to YouTube smile There are multiple easy ways to convert an MP3 or wav file plus cover photo to a YouTube "video" format w/o the hassle/time of creating an actual video. And YouTube ain't going away.

Bud
J&B Website

#425625 - 08/11/17 06:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Janice & Bud]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
If they go down the tubes I'm moving to YouTube smile There are multiple easy ways to convert an MP3 or wav file plus cover photo to a YouTube "video" format w/o the hassle/time of creating an actual video. And YouTube ain't going away.

Bud

plus, if you build a following on youtube, you can EARN money by putting ads on your content.

#425671 - 08/11/17 10:08 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Nope! They got funding and are here to stay...for now! smile

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/08/11/exciting-news-future-soundcloud/

#425678 - 08/11/17 10:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Pat Marr]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

Bud

plus, if you build a following on youtube, you can EARN money by putting ads on your content.

Good point Pat. We have 22,000 plays on SC which would have been twice what we needed to monetize on YT.

Bud
J&B Website

#425681 - 08/11/17 10:40 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Nope! They got funding and are here to stay...for now! smile

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/08/11/exciting-news-future-soundcloud/

Great news!! cool

#425686 - 08/11/17 10:46 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
for some reason these articles remind me of the time Coke announced they were going to stop making the original recipe...

FWIW, even if you stay on Sound Cloud, there's no reason not to be on YouTube too. Or FaceBook, or Vimeo. You already did all the hard work of creating the music. Now its just a matter of uploading it to a bunch of different places where different groups of people can find it.

#425707 - 08/11/17 01:35 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Pat Marr]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
for some reason these articles remind me of the time Coke announced they were going to stop making the original recipe...

FWIW, even if you stay on Sound Cloud, there's no reason not to be on YouTube too. Or FaceBook, or Vimeo. You already did all the hard work of creating the music. Now its just a matter of uploading it to a bunch of different places where different groups of people can find it.

A very good point Pat.

#425779 - 08/12/17 03:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Pat Marr]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Sure, the more sites the better. We upload to a bunch of different sites but have always had the most luck as far as listens go over on soundcloud.

Just came across the following, bailout cost $169.5 million dollars!

http://www.factmag.com/2017/08/11/soundcloud-169-million-investment-deal/

#425797 - 08/12/17 07:13 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
My guess is that you will see the free version either eliminated or drastically changed. Maybe something like the free version will only let you post three songs or the free version will be loaded with ads and not run if you have an ad blocker activated.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#425817 - 08/12/17 10:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

I'm kinda surprised that some folks get so exercised over the pay version...often saying they refuse to buy it. By my quick "in the head" calculations it costs about 15 cents a day. FWIW.

Bud
J&B Website

#425818 - 08/12/17 11:52 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Janice & Bud]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm kinda surprised that some folks get so exercised over the pay version...often saying they refuse to buy it. By my quick "in the head" calculations it costs about 15 cents a day. FWIW.

Bud

I hear ya! I have been a paid member for a couple of years now and IMHO it is well worth it.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#425824 - 08/12/17 12:13 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
On all of these 'free' music services, the more they ask you to pay, the more likely it is that someday musicians will see an amount of the money that is fair. It will take lobbying, legislation, attitude changes and persistence, but it might happen. On these 'free' (ad-based) services, what is left for musicians isn't enough to make very many musicians interested in becoming professional.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#425828 - 08/12/17 01:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: MarioD]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD

Bud

I hear ya! I have been a paid member for a couple of years now and IMHO it is well worth it.

I totally agree with you guys! I hope they do eliminate or severely restrict the free accounts. If you are not willing to pay a little then maybe your music should not be cluttering up the place! smile And SoundCloud has a screwy set of levels with free giving you tons of space while the next level that is paid gives very little more in the way of features while the top is too damn expensive!

#425849 - 08/12/17 03:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: MarioD]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia

Bud

Me too... I decided a couple of years ago that Soundcloud was giving me a great run so I opted to pay. I also apply this principle to OpenSource/free software. When it's obvious to me that it has become important to my use of the computer, I contribute.

I hope Soundcloud survive... I've found it a great site.

#425877 - 08/13/17 03:03 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Noel96]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Noel96

Bud

Me too... I decided a couple of years ago that Soundcloud was giving me a great run so I opted to pay. I also apply this principle to OpenSource/free software. When it's obvious to me that it has become important to my use of the computer, I contribute.

I hope Soundcloud survive... I've found it a great site.

Yes, same with me on both counts.

It will be interesting to see what happens there over the next few months, the two new investors own more than 50% of the company so you can be sure they will be making some big moves to protect their investment.

#425879 - 08/13/17 04:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Yes, let's expect some changes, and also be appreciative that they have hopefully given us a way to move forward. Moreover, keep in mind that our investment directly affects out future. No investment?

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#459476 - 02/27/18 12:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Well, it doesn't look so good:

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/twitter-soundcloud-investment-writedown-1202709415/

Going from a valuation of 700M to 150M doesn't bode well. Original investors got kicked out with no payback and Twitter had to write off 66M of their 70M investment.

I think this is what "circling the drain" looks like.

Bob

#459562 - 02/28/18 04:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Yeah, it's too bad. They had this huge cash bailout and as far as I can tell they did nothing with it, nothing visible from the user end anyway.

Seems like a case of putting good money after bad.

For the last six months I have been investing more of my time over on reverbnation, seems like a more stable platform.

Edited by BlueAttitude (02/28/18 06:56 AM)

#459718 - 03/01/18 12:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
sinbad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
What amazes me is that Soundcloud was valued at 700 million.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27614 Members
50 Forums
52207 Topics
432068 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 166