Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#425619 - 08/11/17 04:07 AM [Off-Topic] More news from soundcloud ...
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#425622 - 08/11/17 05:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
If they go down the tubes I'm moving to YouTube smile There are multiple easy ways to convert an MP3 or wav file plus cover photo to a YouTube "video" format w/o the hassle/time of creating an actual video. And YouTube ain't going away.

Bud
J&B Website

#425625 - 08/11/17 06:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Janice & Bud]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
If they go down the tubes I'm moving to YouTube smile There are multiple easy ways to convert an MP3 or wav file plus cover photo to a YouTube "video" format w/o the hassle/time of creating an actual video. And YouTube ain't going away.

Bud

plus, if you build a following on youtube, you can EARN money by putting ads on your content.

#425671 - 08/11/17 10:08 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Nope! They got funding and are here to stay...for now! smile

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/08/11/exciting-news-future-soundcloud/

#425678 - 08/11/17 10:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Pat Marr]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

Bud

plus, if you build a following on youtube, you can EARN money by putting ads on your content.

Good point Pat. We have 22,000 plays on SC which would have been twice what we needed to monetize on YT.

Bud
J&B Website

#425681 - 08/11/17 10:40 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Nope! They got funding and are here to stay...for now! smile

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/08/11/exciting-news-future-soundcloud/

Great news!! cool

#425686 - 08/11/17 10:46 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
for some reason these articles remind me of the time Coke announced they were going to stop making the original recipe...

FWIW, even if you stay on Sound Cloud, there's no reason not to be on YouTube too. Or FaceBook, or Vimeo. You already did all the hard work of creating the music. Now its just a matter of uploading it to a bunch of different places where different groups of people can find it.

#425707 - 08/11/17 01:35 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Pat Marr]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
for some reason these articles remind me of the time Coke announced they were going to stop making the original recipe...

FWIW, even if you stay on Sound Cloud, there's no reason not to be on YouTube too. Or FaceBook, or Vimeo. You already did all the hard work of creating the music. Now its just a matter of uploading it to a bunch of different places where different groups of people can find it.

A very good point Pat.

#425779 - 08/12/17 03:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Pat Marr]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Sure, the more sites the better. We upload to a bunch of different sites but have always had the most luck as far as listens go over on soundcloud.

Just came across the following, bailout cost $169.5 million dollars!

http://www.factmag.com/2017/08/11/soundcloud-169-million-investment-deal/

#425797 - 08/12/17 07:13 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
My guess is that you will see the free version either eliminated or drastically changed. Maybe something like the free version will only let you post three songs or the free version will be loaded with ads and not run if you have an ad blocker activated.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#425817 - 08/12/17 10:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

I'm kinda surprised that some folks get so exercised over the pay version...often saying they refuse to buy it. By my quick "in the head" calculations it costs about 15 cents a day. FWIW.

Bud
J&B Website

#425818 - 08/12/17 11:52 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Janice & Bud]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm kinda surprised that some folks get so exercised over the pay version...often saying they refuse to buy it. By my quick "in the head" calculations it costs about 15 cents a day. FWIW.

Bud

I hear ya! I have been a paid member for a couple of years now and IMHO it is well worth it.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#425824 - 08/12/17 12:13 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
On all of these 'free' music services, the more they ask you to pay, the more likely it is that someday musicians will see an amount of the money that is fair. It will take lobbying, legislation, attitude changes and persistence, but it might happen. On these 'free' (ad-based) services, what is left for musicians isn't enough to make very many musicians interested in becoming professional.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#425828 - 08/12/17 01:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: MarioD]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD

Bud

I hear ya! I have been a paid member for a couple of years now and IMHO it is well worth it.

I totally agree with you guys! I hope they do eliminate or severely restrict the free accounts. If you are not willing to pay a little then maybe your music should not be cluttering up the place! smile And SoundCloud has a screwy set of levels with free giving you tons of space while the next level that is paid gives very little more in the way of features while the top is too damn expensive!

#425849 - 08/12/17 03:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: MarioD]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia

Bud

Me too... I decided a couple of years ago that Soundcloud was giving me a great run so I opted to pay. I also apply this principle to OpenSource/free software. When it's obvious to me that it has become important to my use of the computer, I contribute.

I hope Soundcloud survive... I've found it a great site.

#425877 - 08/13/17 03:03 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: Noel96]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Noel96

Bud

Me too... I decided a couple of years ago that Soundcloud was giving me a great run so I opted to pay. I also apply this principle to OpenSource/free software. When it's obvious to me that it has become important to my use of the computer, I contribute.

I hope Soundcloud survive... I've found it a great site.

Yes, same with me on both counts.

It will be interesting to see what happens there over the next few months, the two new investors own more than 50% of the company so you can be sure they will be making some big moves to protect their investment.

#425879 - 08/13/17 04:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Yes, let's expect some changes, and also be appreciative that they have hopefully given us a way to move forward. Moreover, keep in mind that our investment directly affects out future. No investment?

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#459476 - 02/27/18 12:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Well, it doesn't look so good:

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/twitter-soundcloud-investment-writedown-1202709415/

Going from a valuation of 700M to 150M doesn't bode well. Original investors got kicked out with no payback and Twitter had to write off 66M of their 70M investment.

I think this is what "circling the drain" looks like.

Bob

#459562 - 02/28/18 04:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Yeah, it's too bad. They had this huge cash bailout and as far as I can tell they did nothing with it, nothing visible from the user end anyway.

Seems like a case of putting good money after bad.

For the last six months I have been investing more of my time over on reverbnation, seems like a more stable platform.

Edited by BlueAttitude (02/28/18 06:56 AM)

#459718 - 03/01/18 12:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: More news from soundcloud ... [Re: BlueAttitude]
sinbad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
What amazes me is that Soundcloud was valued at 700 million.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27989 Members
57 Forums
53996 Topics
446043 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mononino, alphanumeric onl, Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace

27989 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 177