Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
You're welcome, but please give us feedback of your findings. smile

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
So you get stutter with the headphones but not internal speakers.
What if you run Line Out from the headphone jack to a set of speakers, do you get the stutter you get with the headphones ?
Does the RealTek HD Audio Manager pop up and ask what you have plugged in ?

Veteran
Veteran
Maybe we need to define ‘audio stutter’ better. Can you record a few seconds of the problem, so we can hear what you hear? Then put that audio file on Dropbox and post a link to it. One of us will surely recognize it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
ok...i will do the recording and post soon

it sounds like you listening to your heart-beat through a stethescope

Last edited by rallypally; 08/11/17 07:45 AM.
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
headphones and line plugged into speakers, and USB audio interface

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
So it just started doing this last week ?
Has it got a factory reset/recovery partition, so you can backup your files then do a factory reset ?

R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
yes it has a recovery partition..but I'll do a reset as last resort..i only have the machine for 3 weeks

Veteran
Veteran
By 'stutter' I assume you mean start/stop abruptly.

Does the song stay in time, or does the 'stutter' cause a break for a short period of time and the song resumes streaming where is was after the last heard sample?

Another way of asking; is the audio signal getting interrupted but otherwise the song plays normal (in time, but just the audio cuts in/out), or is the song getting short pauses in the tempo and flow as a result?

The difference is a clue as to whether the audio signal is getting interrupted before or after the device drivers start handling it.
It could be an unsteady flow of data to the device or it could be a problem with the device drivers, or even resources. Maybe the CPU is hardly working but the hard drive is over taxed (causing the aforementioned unsteady flow of data to the device in the first place).
As mentioned above, a sample recording would help narrow it down.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Veteran
Veteran
Exactly. I also asked about other software a long time ago and the DPC Latency Checker (or Process Monitor) would be helpful here to see if an interrupt is causing this. We will know immediately if we can hear a sample.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R

Veteran
Veteran
Wow. I have never heard anything like that.

Anyone?

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Wow. I have never heard anything like that.

Anyone?

No, definitely not what I was expecting. I'd be really interested to see what is using CPU cycles when that occurs. The rhythm of the events is unusual, in that it is so regular.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
It seems like hardware problem but it does the same with your usb sound device.
You can try Hiren's Boot CD on USB https://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd-on-usb-disk

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hirenscd2bootableusb/

that has RealTek Audio drivers, so it might tell you if it is a Win10 problem or hardware problem before having to do a factory restore.

EDIT: Or a Win7 Live USB
http://www.intowindows.com/two-ways-to-create-windows-7-live-usb-drive/

Last edited by Pipeline; 08/11/17 05:47 PM.
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
I'm gonna uninstall all the windows updates since I bought the machine and see if the problem still persists...

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Do you have a restore point(s)? Just try going back one at a time of course.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rallypally
I'm gonna uninstall all the windows updates since I bought the machine and see if the problem still persists...

Backup your system with an image to an external HD prior to doing this. It could save you a lot of time and aggravation.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
I'm late to the party....

But I have a few questions.... I didn't see these asked or answered ..... or perhaps I missed them in skimming the 4 pages of replies.

1. What is the brand and model of the "external audio interface" being used?

2. What driver mode are you using with it?

Most of the skipping and stuttering I have seen and experienced, was a direct result of the buffers not being large enough or the driver mode mot being totally compatible with the interface.

It is totally possible to use MME and other drivers with a quality interface. However, in doing so, you end up with poor performance and stuttering as well as latency and other issues such as pops and drops.

Check to see first that the external interface is set as the default sound card and then be sure you have selected the external interface as in and out for both audio and midi, and be sure you have selected the ASIO driver mode. Start with the default ASIO settings. Often, they will work just fine with no tweeking.

I have run BB for over a decade using some pretty ancient (by today's standards) computers with very limited speed and memory and they all ran BB as well as my other audio DAW's with relative ease.

3. Is the project a straight up 100% audio project or does it use and include midi tracks as well?

Again, the external interface running anything less than ASIO can and often does have problems when the project has a mixture of audio and midi. It's the midi stuff that causes the audio issues. It has to be rendered to audio and there's a delay in the processing between when it reads the data and gets the audio to the speakers. That delay is called Latency. Every computer and sound card has it. But with the right driver and set up properly, that latency will be negligible to the listener and everything sounds like it's synced up. If the driver mode can't handle the processing, and/or the buffers are not sized correctly, and there's multiple midi tracks to render, this can cause the program to pause for a split second to allow it to "catch up". You hear that as a stutter. If it's bad enough, the music in the tracks can get out of sync or in some cases, the program actually just stops totally resulting in a drop.

On my old duo-core laptop, I could load up a really large project with 15 to 20 tracks, load it with some processing intensive VSTs and get it to stutter and choke even with good drivers. Smaller BB projects with 5 or 6 tracks like BB supports were never an issue.

Have a look at the interface and the driver mode, set them up properly, and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Veteran
Veteran
Herb, this was his comment on that subject, but it is still unclear what equipment he used to cause that crazy sound. He has an underpowered laptop with a realtek sound card.

"I'll give ASIO4ALL a go.
I also have an external ZOOM U44 audio interface which I can use"

R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
hi everyone

well, I've come to the conclusion that the issue is not specific to BB.

Seems to be either hardware or Windows software problem, coz randomly, also occurs when playing audio through other media players or audio via websites..and not related to the onboard or external soundcards...

I noticed today, that besides playing audio, when I launched an application, the same throbbing sound occurred

Apprentice
Apprentice
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 had an audio problem with headphones that cause stuttering. It was a Realtek driver issue that Microsoft had fixed. Might be something with your Realtek drivers

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195