Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#426621 08/18/17 05:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Gonna Post this while I can. I'll be over tonight to catch up on listens as much as possible. Di's been at the doctor or hospital more than at home the past 10 days or so, So I've been pretty much absent lately. I got up about 3:30 this morning and put this together. About 5 hours total invested in this.

Di said she thought this is something Bob Seger might have done. That's cool!

Thanks in advance to all who drop in for a listen.

I Still Do

Key=F, Tempo 105, Length (m:s)=3:16
Style is _DRVCBAL.STY (Slow Driving Country Ballad )

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~~703:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Spirited Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 803:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladClean Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 806:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladDirty Ev 065
RealTracks in song: ~669:Guitar, Slide, Background EasySouthern Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1669:Pedal Steel, Soloist CountryPaul Ev 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I swapped out several instruments and changed a few chords from the original style

I Still Do
© 2017 Alan D. David, BMI

(v1)
The sky gets gloomy, as the clouds roll in
That’s when I know, you’re back in town in again
The thunder rattles, and the leaves begin to shake
The wind starts swirling, and frost begins to form
Then lightning crackles, you’re the perfect storm
The ground starts trembling, just like an earthquake

CHORUS
And when you left, I thought that was goodbye
But now I know, I told myself a lie
You made me hurt, and you treated me like dirt
Oh I wish I didn’t love you
But baby I still do

(v2)
Don’t know the reason, I can’t explain
Why I still love you, when you caused me all that pain
God only knows, why I wish you’d never gone
I hear my heart, then I listen to my head
They say forget you, find another love instead
But I just can’t find a way, a way for moving on

CHORUS
But baby I still do

INSTRUMENTAL VERSE

CHORUS
But baby I still do

TAG
Baby I still do

Last edited by Al-David; 08/18/17 05:37 AM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Al-David #426623 08/18/17 05:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan, it is amazing what can happen in 5 hours when this program is in the hands of a gifted songwriter and musician. I love the slide guitar and I'm always up for a steel solo. Good write as well as your usual high quality production. Tell Di I hope she feels better, Tom

tommyad #426631 08/18/17 06:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Alan, it is amazing what can happen in 5 hours when this program is in the hands of a gifted songwriter and musician. I love the slide guitar and I'm always up for a steel solo. Good write as well as your usual high quality production. Tell Di I hope she feels better, Tom

Hi Tom,

You are much too kind ... thank you very much. I'm pretty happy with it as is. If I were to change anything, I would probably bring the drums slightly more forward in the mix. It's a touch raw, but I'm okay with that. Am glad you enjoyed it! Thanks again,

Alan

PS: I'll pass your kind words on to Di. She'll appreciate them as I do. She's really struggling right now.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Al-David #426675 08/18/17 01:30 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,
Your vocals on this are a standout - a little edgier than I`ve heard from you before, and with a nice Dylanesque attitude.
Its a good rocking tune as well - amazing that you got really close to a final mix in just 5 hours.
My best wishes to you and Di,

Robert

Robertkc #426682 08/18/17 03:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Alan,
Your vocals on this are a standout - a little edgier than I`ve heard from you before, and with a nice Dylanesque attitude.
Its a good rocking tune as well - amazing that you got really close to a final mix in just 5 hours.

Robert

Hi Alan.
The above describes my sentiments exactly.
Very well done.
Rob

Robertkc #426685 08/18/17 04:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Alan,

Robert

Robert,

Thanks so much! I appreciate all that. As far as the vocal, I don't have a real good singing voice, so I decided to use a different approach on this ... add a little grit to it. Good to hear it makes a difference! Thanks for your kind wishes for Di. She's really struggling with her health issues. Wishing you the very best,

Alan & Di

Rob4580 #426686 08/18/17 04:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Alan,

Robert

Hi Alan.
The above describes my sentiments exactly.
Very well done.
Rob

Hi Bob,

And thank you! Tis always a pleasure to hear from you. Glad this works for you. And I appreciate you letting me know. Have a great weekend,

Alan

Al-David #426690 08/18/17 06:12 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice song. It does have a bit of a Bob Seager vibe to it. The instrumental sounds great and i like the raspy tone of you voice. Nice steel guitar solo too.

Samuel Davis Jr
BIAB 2018 + Cubase + Ignite
BMI

www.sammycountry.com
Al-David #426698 08/18/17 09:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan

Really nice work - good feel and melodic. Great stuff. Hope Di is feeling better.

Peter

Al-David #426730 08/19/17 06:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A+ for that pic

nice write, comfortable flow to the song

well done

hope Di is feeling better

Kenny

Samuel Davis #426779 08/19/17 03:04 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Nice song. It does have a bit of a Bob Seager vibe to it. The instrumental sounds great and i like the raspy tone of you voice. Nice steel guitar solo too.

Thanks a bunch, Samuel! Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great Sunday.

Alan

PeterF #426780 08/19/17 03:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan

Really nice work - good feel and melodic. Great stuff. Hope Di is feeling better.

Peter

Hi peter,

Thank you! Glad you liked it. And I'll pass on your greeting to Di. Best to you,

Alan

44kfl #426782 08/19/17 03:07 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
A+ for that pic

nice write, comfortable flow to the song

well done

hope Di is feeling better

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Yeah, she kinda looks like a storm! Thanks for the nie comments! And I'll pass on your well wishes to Di. We both appreciate that. Wishing you the very best,

Alan

Al-David #426793 08/19/17 04:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

Wow! Five hours! That's incredible. In five hours, I'd be lucky to have put together the first draft of lyrics. I'm very impressed.

What I also find incredibly impressive is that, not so long ago, you said that you use your backings exactly as they come from BIAB, without any tailoring them. Is that true of this backing too? It truly sounds excellent.

Everything you've done here from writing, through to performing and producing is top notch and each component sits perfectly comfortably with all other components. I found this a most enjoyable listen.

I'm sorry to hear that Di's journey continues to be challenging. Please let her know that I'm channelling heaps of southern hemisphere healing thoughts her way.

All the very best of everything to you both,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Al-David #426799 08/19/17 05:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I am with Robert on this one. Very edgy. Love this tune. One of my favorites of yours. Love your desending chord changes. Well done.... Super vocal

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Al-David #426833 08/20/17 03:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Cool song Al!! Does remind me of Bob Seger. Great job!

Give my very best to Di.

Noel96 #426835 08/20/17 03:14 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Alan,

Wow! Five hours! That's incredible. In five hours, I'd be lucky to have put together the first draft of lyrics. I'm very impressed.

What I also find incredibly impressive is that, not so long ago, you said that you use your backings exactly as they come from BIAB, without any tailoring them. Is that true of this backing too? It truly sounds excellent.

Everything you've done here from writing, through to performing and producing is top notch and each component sits perfectly comfortably with all other components. I found this a most enjoyable listen.

I'm sorry to hear that Di's journey continues to be challenging. Please let her know that I'm channelling heaps of southern hemisphere healing thoughts her way.

All the very best of everything to you both,
Noel

Hi Noel,

Thanks so much. I really appreciate all those very kind words.

It took me about 45 minutes to write the lyric. I only changed two lines after I scribbled the initial lyric. I think the fact I also write novels gives me a small advantage with lyric writing. One day I realized that the lyric to many songs, particularly country and folk, is a novel in 100 words or less. I just learned to change 85 words into 85,000 words!

I tried three different band styles and settled on the one you hear. That took about twenty minutes. Then I had to decide on a melody and what instruments to use. the chord progression came pretty easy - about half an hour of chord inputting and making minor adjustments to them. I tinkered with the specific instruments I wanted for about an hour and a half. Then I listen to the music I'd created, over and over for about an hour in order to get a feel for it. I then put the vocal to it. I recorded the vocal three times and this is the one I chose (my second attempt). I did a final mix in audacity.

And you are correct - what you hear is directly off the BIAB chord input page. I "massage" the instruments there until I'm happy. Actually, that's the most time-consuming element of the project. I spent an hour doing just that. The only disappointment I have doing that way is the limited number of tracks available to me. But I overcome that by making a second recording with the some of the backing tracks deleted and then replaced by the additional instruments I want. I then load both sets of tracks into Audacity and line then up perfectly. When I play them as such, I get the full sound I want and, in my opinion, it sounds about as good as I can do with a formal DAW. Everything you hear is created, massaged and arranged BIAB and then transferred to Audacity. Again, I did all that in about 5 hours. I know it sounds like a lot of work but it is a smooth process for me.

I probably told you more than you would care to know, but that's my process.

And thank you for the kind wishes for Di. She's really struggling right now. I'll be sure to pass them on to her. We both appreciate your kindness. Wishing you well,

Alan & Di

Last edited by Al-David; 08/21/17 01:17 PM.

Scott C #426836 08/20/17 03:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
I am with Robert on this one. Very edgy. Love this tune. One of my favorites of yours. Love your desending chord changes. Well done.... Super vocal

Hi Scott,

Thank you so much! I'm delighted you caught that "edginess' in my voice. that was intentional as I don't naturally have a raspy voice - I have to induce it as I sing. Everyone seems to like it so maybe I'll keep working with it and see what i can do.

Thanks again!

Alan

David Snyder #426838 08/20/17 03:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Cool song Al!! Does remind me of Bob Seger. Great job!

Give my very best to Di.

Good morning, David!

Tis always a treat to hear from you. I anticipate your reviews. Glad you liked it - thanks for letting me know.

Someone else, not a member here, told me they thought it sounded like Mel McDaniel trying to do a Bob Seger imitation. I can live with that! I don't know if you know Mel McDaniel or not but he's a real nice guy. Kind of quiet but polite and respectful.

Wishing you a great Sunday. Also, Thanks for the kind wishes for Di. We appreciate that so much!

Alan & Di

Al-David #426876 08/20/17 09:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Al !:))

You do, there´s no doubt
about it ! and you also
write beautiful tunes
like this one ! Love
it Al !!!

Cheers
Dani

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,503
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195