Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#426964 - 08/21/17 11:37 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners!
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

#426978 - 08/21/17 01:41 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Congratulations everyone!

#426982 - 08/21/17 02:56 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Who said an instrumental could not win? Oh, I guess that was me... which is why I added the "verbal count in" at the beginning.

Thank you so very much. I am pleased to be a winner. Congratulations to winners and all who participated.

BIAB User Map
SoundCloud

#426984 - 08/21/17 03:42 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Wow!!! smile
Thank you so much guys!!
This is a nice, nice surprise!!
I guess in the eclipse day, many strange things may happen, including an Italian winning a country competition! smile smile
Congratulations to all, not just the winners but all participants as well. A lot of very nice songs!
Most of all, thank you PG Music !!!

#426985 - 08/21/17 03:56 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Congratulations to all the entrants and winners.

Bob grin

#426988 - 08/21/17 04:31 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
bluage Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Washington State
Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...

Now you that you talented gents have been handed the sweet, juicy apple of success (crunch, slurp, mmm-mmm!) why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

Congratulations, "Xtra Styles Contest Winners"!

Most sincerely and respectfully,

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

#426995 - 08/21/17 05:05 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.

BIAB, RB 2017(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#426997 - 08/21/17 05:12 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...
why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

Hi Loren,

I think each of my entries has info about the motivation/inspiration for each song at the top of the post. Check out the original post on each song.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#426998 - 08/21/17 05:15 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: VideoTrack]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.

Hey VT,

Thanks so much. There were a lot of good entries in this competition. A great, inspirational STYLE PAK didn't hurt either.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#427009 - 08/21/17 06:25 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

Well done to the winners and thanks to PG Music for the opportunity.

#427018 - 08/21/17 07:35 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Hi Loren
In my case the inspiration for the lyrics came from my profound love for animals and nature. And the idea that we all are basically the same - us, animals, plants, everything. We are one giant choir, and with slightly different voices we sing the same, beautiful song. It also came from my passion for science. In physics, string theory basically argues something quite similar: the fundamental components of reality are tiny strings, and everything - energy, matter etc - is the result of their viibrations. The universe is music, in a sense. We are music. How beautiful is that? String theory is not proven yet, but I thought it would make a nice starting point for a song anyway smile
Jon

#427022 - 08/21/17 09:33 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Jon Thomas]
bluage Offline
Apprentice

Dear Jon Thomas...

Thank you SO much for responding to my request of all the winners!

I am in totally agreement with you about the "string" that ties everything together in this inexpressibly beautiful world -- that is, as Our Creator originally designed it.

Your song clearly and jubilantly expressed your feelings about the glorious, harmonious inter-relatedness of everything.

Here are the powerful words of Ludwig Van Beethoven on the nature of music:

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are."

Gratefully,

LOREN

Edited by bluage (08/21/17 09:34 PM)

#427023 - 08/21/17 09:36 PM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Buford]
bluage Offline
Apprentice

Dear Buford...

I'll do just that very thing!

Thanks for responding.

Sincerely,

LOREN

#427032 - 08/22/17 01:48 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
animarorecords Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
It was fun for me to participate in the competition and listen to my competitors' songs.

Best regards.

From Japan
Shigeki Adachi

#427037 - 08/22/17 04:04 AM [2017 Xtra Styles Contest] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Rob4580 Offline
Expert

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Congratulations to the winners and thank you all for your kind words.
Ive been using Band in a Box since the early 90's.
When I first purchased BB it arrived in floppy disk form.

Ive been using BB for so long that it has become second nature to me.
Sometimes I am guilty of taking BB for granted because it has become such a part of my life.

When I hear a great style, I hear an unwritten song. Just gotta keep chopping bits off till I find it.
The inspiration for my song was the drum beat in SECLUDE.STY and to me that was the star of the whole effort.
Thank you guys for the great support and thank you PG music.
Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
User Tip - Midi to Keystroke "Hot Key" Win Mac (Conductor for Mac)

Forum user Pipeline shares a great 'tip' with his post Midi to Keystroke "Hot Key" Win Mac (Conductor for Mac)!

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=430438

Thanks for posting to our Tips & Tricks forum Pipeline!

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® Version 5 Article "The Software Story"

For the latest blast from the past for Band-in-a-Box, check out the article The Software Story: Band-in-a-Box by Norm Weinberg, as published in the June 1993 issue of Percussive Notes!

Imagine a group of musicians who would rehearse with you whenever you wanted, wouldn't tire of playing the same songs over and over, could play at any tempo you wanted, could learn new tunes in a matter of minutes, and never have any ego problems? Wouldn't this be an ideal musical situation for gaining experience? Band-in-a-Box to the rescue!
-Norm Weinberg

Did you have this older version? Share your story with other program users!

User Post - Save as Video

Earlier this week we shared information on the Save as Video feature within Band-in-a-Box.

Forum user JoanneCooper has just shared her Band-in-a-Box video using this feature! Check out her post here, or click here watch her YouTube video.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: Use Keystroke "Hot Key" Commands!

Hot Keys are a great way to speed up using a lot of different programs... and that includes Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box has keystroke "hot keys" to mute instruments or to adjust volume, panning, reverb, chorus, or bank of instrument without using the mouse, etc... in fact - there are over 100 Hot Key commands for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

To view them all, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video!

A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made a video of your song using this feature? Share it to our Forum!

User Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines

Forum user edshaw has created some tutorials for Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines that he has shared to our Tips and Tricks forum!

The tutorial has been split into three parts:
Part One - Using Band-in-a-Box®
Part Two - Walking Bass Line
Part Three - Demonstration

Thank you edshaw!

If you've created your own tutorials that you'd like to share, feel free to post them to our Tips and Tricks Forum! You can also send an email to marketing@pgmusic.com and we will post and share them here and on Twitter & Facebook!

Band-in-a-Box® Polish Tutorial - Sound Station

Our new Polish Distributor, Sound Station, is thrilled to be adding Band-in-a-Box® to their product line, and look forward to working with the program! They've just started with us, and have already created this Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Polish Tutorial: Video: Band in a Box 2017 TUTORIAL PL

Forum Stats
26418 Members
50 Forums
47547 Topics
387634 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
ebsyol, swquantum, Fran123, ZenaOfficial, musictalentindia

26418 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 142
Janice & Bud 118