Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#426964 - 08/21/17 11:37 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! (2017)
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (01/04/18 10:01 AM)

#426978 - 08/21/17 01:41 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Congratulations everyone!

#426982 - 08/21/17 02:56 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Who said an instrumental could not win? Oh, I guess that was me... which is why I added the "verbal count in" at the beginning.

Thank you so very much. I am pleased to be a winner. Congratulations to winners and all who participated.
SoundCloud

#426984 - 08/21/17 03:42 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Wow!!! smile
Thank you so much guys!!
This is a nice, nice surprise!!
I guess in the eclipse day, many strange things may happen, including an Italian winning a country competition! smile smile
Congratulations to all, not just the winners but all participants as well. A lot of very nice songs!
Most of all, thank you PG Music !!!

#426985 - 08/21/17 03:56 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Congratulations to all the entrants and winners.

Bob grin

#426988 - 08/21/17 04:31 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...

Now you that you talented gents have been handed the sweet, juicy apple of success (crunch, slurp, mmm-mmm!) why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

Congratulations, "Xtra Styles Contest Winners"!

Most sincerely and respectfully,

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

#426995 - 08/21/17 05:05 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#426997 - 08/21/17 05:12 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...
why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

Hi Loren,

I think each of my entries has info about the motivation/inspiration for each song at the top of the post. Check out the original post on each song.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#426998 - 08/21/17 05:15 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: VideoTrack]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.

Hey VT,

Thanks so much. There were a lot of good entries in this competition. A great, inspirational STYLE PAK didn't hurt either.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#427009 - 08/21/17 06:25 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

Well done to the winners and thanks to PG Music for the opportunity.

#427018 - 08/21/17 07:35 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Hi Loren
In my case the inspiration for the lyrics came from my profound love for animals and nature. And the idea that we all are basically the same - us, animals, plants, everything. We are one giant choir, and with slightly different voices we sing the same, beautiful song. It also came from my passion for science. In physics, string theory basically argues something quite similar: the fundamental components of reality are tiny strings, and everything - energy, matter etc - is the result of their viibrations. The universe is music, in a sense. We are music. How beautiful is that? String theory is not proven yet, but I thought it would make a nice starting point for a song anyway smile
Jon

#427022 - 08/21/17 09:33 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Jon Thomas]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear Jon Thomas...

Thank you SO much for responding to my request of all the winners!

I am in totally agreement with you about the "string" that ties everything together in this inexpressibly beautiful world -- that is, as Our Creator originally designed it.

Your song clearly and jubilantly expressed your feelings about the glorious, harmonious inter-relatedness of everything.

Here are the powerful words of Ludwig Van Beethoven on the nature of music:

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are."

Gratefully,

LOREN

Edited by bluage (08/21/17 09:34 PM)

#427023 - 08/21/17 09:36 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Buford]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear Buford...

I'll do just that very thing!

Thanks for responding.

Sincerely,

LOREN

#427032 - 08/22/17 01:48 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
It was fun for me to participate in the competition and listen to my competitors' songs.

Best regards.

From Japan
Shigeki Adachi

#427037 - 08/22/17 04:04 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Congratulations to the winners and thank you all for your kind words.
Ive been using Band in a Box since the early 90's.
When I first purchased BB it arrived in floppy disk form.

Ive been using BB for so long that it has become second nature to me.
Sometimes I am guilty of taking BB for granted because it has become such a part of my life.

When I hear a great style, I hear an unwritten song. Just gotta keep chopping bits off till I find it.
The inspiration for my song was the drum beat in SECLUDE.STY and to me that was the star of the whole effort.
Thank you guys for the great support and thank you PG music.
Rob

#427044 - 08/22/17 05:39 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A well deserved congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all who participated. Tom

#427134 - 08/22/17 12:43 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations to all of the winners!

And, as has been noted, congratulations to ALL of the enormously talented songwriters who turned in submissions.

I only saw winners on this one, seems like everybody won. There was a staggering outpouring of high level songwriting and artistry. And one guy in one category sounded EXACTLY like Jeff Beck. Must have been some tough choices.

smile

Congrats to everyone again and thanks to Band-in-a-Box for such cool tools to work with.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#427208 - 08/23/17 04:19 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Congratulations to all...winners and those who contributed alike. Your efforts have been an inspiration. Your insights and use of the new styles have given all of us new creative possibilities.

Jeff
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB 2018v516, RB 2018v5, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express XT, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.7 SampleTank 3.7

#427487 - 08/25/17 06:54 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

For those who asked, "Great White" is now downloadable from Soundcloud.
Enjoy, BB

#427883 - 08/27/17 09:31 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Well done everybody! Especially the category winners. And also well done to PG music for putting this competition on. I love the new styles and use them all the time. I can highly recommend them to people who already have the everything Pak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

Forum Stats
27629 Members
50 Forums
52260 Topics
432635 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
BjornTopo, lauzah, soucychapiro, rH7yB6bGKL, VTR8ve0Hhj

27628 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 189
Noel96 168