Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#429123 09/07/17 08:14 PM
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I have host midi lead to Tyros 4 from PC windows 7.

I am attempting to get my Tyros 4 yamaha to start BIAB play back when I place my left hand to keyboard and not using the green play button, I have investigated the Tyros midi function button at External Clock and fiddled with the buttons but no luck.
Can someone please help and oldie (80years)with an idiot type sheet instruction on how to proceed.
(I play on top of the Biab program for enjoyment only)

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
I have host midi lead to Tyros 4

Are you using the USB port or a midi lead to your sound device.

In the MIDI Driver window select the Midi Input Device.

Click the Conductor button then Help.

Conductor Window - Live Looping/Playback control

As the song is playing, there are options to control the flow of playback by one of three methods:

1. Conductor window

2. QWERTY hot keys

3. MIDI keyboard

Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Pipeline,
Midi lead is from yamaha Tyros to PC and yamaha workstation1 is at midi on.

Some partial success using conductor (never noticed before) play does start with tick at midikeyboard , but speed of playback keeps varying.

Such as box comes up stating normal speed, quarter speed etc and even stops.
Any further tutition or information gratefully received.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Example using the MIDI keyboard.

Assume Charlie is a piano player who uses his MIDI keyboard with Band-in-a-Box, and would like to play his keyboard, but also use it to control Band-in-a-Box.

He sets the conductor to allow his MIDI keyboard lowest notes A/Bb/B to turn the Conductor mode OFF/ON/Toggled-when held.

When he turns it off (low A note), he can play his keyboard normally.

If he wants to pause the song, he holds down the low B3 note as he presses the MIDI key for pause, which is G4. The song will pause, and the conductor mode turns off as he lets go of the B3 key, and he can resume his piano playing. If Charlie didn’t plan on using the MIDI keyboard for piano playing, he could leave it in conductor mode by turning it on with the A3 key.
Click to reveal..
Conductor Functions with MIDI Keys and QWERTY Hot Keys

Here are the various functions available using the Conductor. The MIDI key and QWERTY hot key are shown.

C3
Normal Tempo
Ctrl =

C#
Half Speed Tempo
Ctrl -

D3
Quarter Speed Tempo

Eb3
Eighth Speed Tempo

E3
Loop Section Enabled
NUMPAD 1

F3
Play with last chorus looped
Ctrl-NUMPAD 1

F#3
Play with middle choruses looped
Ctrl-NUMPAD 2

G3
Play with middle and last choruses looped
Ctrl-NUMPAD 3

G#3
Jump to last chorus (no loop)
Ctrl-NUMPAD 4

A3
Jump to ending (no loop)
Ctrl-NUMPAD 5

Bb3
Loop notation screen

B3
Decrease Tempo by 1
Shift [

C4(48)
Increase Tempo by 1
Shift ]

Db4
Decrease Tempo by 5
[

D4
Increase Tempo by 5
]

Eb4
Tap tempo
- (press 4 times)

E4
Tap Tempo and play
= (press 4 times)

F4
Play
F4

F#4
Stop
Escape

G4
Pause
Backspace (or Ctrl H)

G#4
Replay
Ctrl A

A4
MIDI Panic
F12

Bb4
Previous Song
Ctrl-Shift-F8

B4
Next Song
Shift-F8

C5(60)
This is a control character for THRU patches. When C5 is held down, pressing MIDI notes 61/62 decrease/increase the THRU patch by one, and 63-72 change THRU patches to Favorite patches.

Db5
Open Notation Window
Ctrl-W

D5
Lead sheet Window
Alt-W

Eb5
Reduce All Volumes by 5
Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Q

E5
Increase all Volumes by 5
Ctrl-Alt-Shift-W

F5
ALL Mute/Unmute
Alt-2

F#5
Bass Mute/Unmute
Alt-3

G5
Piano Mute/Unmute
Alt-4

G#5
Drums/Unmute
Alt-5

A5
Guitar Mute/Unmute
Alt-6

Bb5
Strings Mute/Unmute
Alt-7

B5
Melody/Unmute
Alt-9

C6
Soloist Mute/Unmute
Alt-8

Db6
THRU Mute/Unmute
Alt 0

F6 to D7
Jump to Sections 1-10 of the song
1-9 and 0

D6
Audio Mute

Eb7
Loop Current Chorus
a

E7
Loop Current Section
s

F7
Loop Current Bar
z

F#7
Loop Current 4 Bars
x

G7
Loop current Part
c

Ab7
Looping ON, previous setting
v

A7
Looping OFF
b

Bb7
Go Back 1 Chorus
Ctrl a

B7
Go Back 1 Section
Ctrl s

C8
Go Back 1 Screen
Ctrl d

Db8
Go Back 1 Bar
Ctrl z

D8
Go Back 4 Bars
Ctrl x

Eb8
Go Back 1 Part marker
Ctrl c

E8
Go Ahead 1 Chorus
Shift A

F8
Go Ahead 1 Section
Shift S

F#8
Go Ahead 1 Screen
Shift D

G8
Go Ahead 1 Bar
Shift Z

Ab8
Go Ahead 4 Bars
Shift X

A8
Go Ahead 1 Part marker
Shift C

In addition, using the MIDI keyboard, you can also use the Conductor to:

A1
(note#21)Turn MIDI Conductor OFF

Bb1
Turn MIDI Conductor ON

B1
Turn MIDI Conductor ON only as note is held down

You can also get a USB Foot Switch to do this and set it to the Biab Play/Stop and Conductor hotkeys.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FS3-P-USB-Triple-Foot-Switch-Pedal-Control-Keyboard-Mouse-Plastic-SE-/122545962530?epid=1769235767

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB_Conductor.jpg (87.79 KB, 101 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Devonplayer,

Have you tried the "Options | Preferences" setting that I've highlighted on the image below?

While this setting doesn't offer the versatility that comes with Pipeline's suggestions, it might do the job for you.

The option is found on the first screen that appears once Preferences is opened.

My understanding of this feature, and I could be wrong because I haven't tried it, is that you press the "Generate" button first. Playback won't start immediately, though, because BIAB is waiting for a signal from either the MIDI keyboard or the QWERTY keyboard. Once that signal is received, playback begins.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
external start.JPG (64.57 KB, 92 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #429199 09/08/17 02:02 PM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Good thinkin' 99 !

Pipeline #429220 09/08/17 08:32 PM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks guys for all that information, (its 7am here in UK and the boss will not let me switch on BIAB/Tyros)
But those instructions must work.
I can now understand why I was getting those queer deviations at speed etc.
Those pedals might be a step too far, there are already two and volume pedals going to Tyros. My little old brain might not cope with 6 of them.

Will let you all know how things go.

Thanks again. John, Devonplayer

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Haven't you ever flown a helicopter !

Pipeline #429222 09/08/17 09:06 PM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Yes in microsoft flight simulator but I was younger then.

Pipeline #429226 09/08/17 10:34 PM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
OK guys, some success but inconsistancies, perfect operation sometimes and then corruptions take place.
Even the Tyros midi function page gets changed and BIAB takes a resetting like going back to Prefs switching off those new instructions to get any normal BIAB function like having to go back to the green arrow again.

AND when working how do you get the automatic start to stop at the end of the play without using the stop button at BIAB.

Perhaps I need to come back in a few days when the old grey matter as solved these problems for me.

Will be in touch and thanks all for your guidance.
Devonplayer

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
What about a small wireless keyboard on top of your Tyros, then you just hit the spacebar to play/stop.

Pipeline #429631 09/12/17 09:45 PM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Now that did work using my pc keyboard.

Attaching a photograph of my BIAB/Tyros set up, the pink cross locates the pc keyboard which is not very convenient a wireless board would be handy.

The set up at the photograph does work well the mouse is handy so perhaps I should be thankful for some purposes.

Thanks all.

yamaha tyros set up

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Great setup you got there.

You can try MIDI Hotkey Portable http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Multimedia/Audio/MIDI-Hotkey-Portable.shtml

Right click > Properties > Compatibility > XP > Run as Admin
you can set it to the high C or low C to send the spacebar keystroke.
Set other keys to any other keystroke or hotkeys.

Converts signals from midi devices (e.g. epiano) to keystrokes

MIDI Hotkey Portable is a handy and reliable utility designed to enable you to control your computer using a midi device like a piano. Not only can you configure the notes you can also configure the sustain pedal, play, stop, record buttons.

There are many ways to use MIDI Hotkey Portable: You can use this software to make recording easier (e.g. control cubase, samplitude, using your electric piano). But also you are able to launch programs like firefox or even control the mouse.

MidiHotKeys2.jpg (107.78 KB, 194 downloads)
Pipeline #429643 09/13/17 02:04 AM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Pipeline, thats a new one on me.

Let you all know how I get on. (Doc. around at the present time)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195