You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#429300 - 09/10/17 12:34 AM [User Showcase] Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, everybody

I would like to post an instrumental tune this time.
All are MIDI with various VST instruments.
The former half is played with symphonic orchestral feeling, and the latter half is played with Rock Fusion feeling.
Any comments encouraged.
Have at it.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Title: Ballade for The Betrayal

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/ballade-for-the-betrayal

The former half :
Style is FLOAT1.STY - New Age Soundtrack Style (All MIDI)
Style MIDI Instruments are :
Sound Track (98) assigned to Contrabass (EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra),
Electric Piano (6) assigned to Celesta (EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra),
Pad Bell (89) assigned to Harp (EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra),
Pad Slow (90) assigned to Strings (EastWest Hollywood Strings),
MIDI Drums(1) assigned to GM Percussion (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath)
Additional main melody played by 1st Violins & Cellos (EastWest Hollywood Strings)

The latter half :
Style is 2416VISH.STY - 24/16 Vishnu - Fusion - About Ti (All MIDI)
Style MIDI Instruments are :
Fretless Bass (36) assigned to Fletless Bass (Kontakt),
Electric Piano (6) assigned to Rhodes Piano (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath),
Electric Strat Guitar (28) assigned to Elec. Guitar (Mute) (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath),
Poly Synth (91) assigned to Brass Section (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath), MIDI Drums (1) (Toontrack Superior Drummer)
Additional main melody played by Overdrive Guitar (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath)

#429302 - 09/10/17 02:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Shigeki

An amazing and stunning piece - the first half would sit well in many movie soundtracks - the strings are wonderful.
Whilst I probably prefer the first section the repetition of the melody on the guitar is very effective and evocative.
Overall an excellent piece of writing.

Peter

#429332 - 09/10/17 10:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent piece of music. Loved the first piece and very cool how you brought in the section half. Well done...

#429337 - 09/10/17 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Shigeki,

The contrast of graceful melody with percussion at the beginning is unusual and works well.
The second part was a surprise - so reminiscent of the best 70`s progressive rock.
Everything you offer us has a touch of class and you did not disappoint with this.

Robert

#429347 - 09/10/17 01:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Shigeki, this is brilliant, the first part would easily fit into some incidental music for a film. Reminds me a lot of something John Barry would have done for a James Bond film. WONDERFUL

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#429367 - 09/10/17 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Shigeki, this is very good! The change midway to a rock/jazz sound reminds me a lot of something Steely Dan/Donald Fagen would do! Very good work! Thanks, Torrey.

#429435 - 09/11/17 07:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - you absolutely nailed this, Shigeki smile The mix on this is superb, and the arrangement sounds well-thought out and is perfectly executed. I love when it drops in at the 2 minute mark, it takes it to a whole other level!

Great job on this, thanks so much for sharing smile

#429458 - 09/11/17 12:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
jannesan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Finland
This has fantastic mood, really cinematic and haunting. Arrangement, instrument selection, chord progression, everything is perfect.

Janne

#429626 - 09/12/17 08:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Cinematic!

like the Steely Dan reference that Torrey mentioned,

it's all very nice

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

#429865 - 09/15/17 10:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
This is REALLY EXCELLENT!! Wonderful melody and perfect score feel. And, the second part works just as well. GREAT STUFF!!! Take care. Greg

#429883 - 09/15/17 12:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Shigeki Adachi,

An excellent listen. The opening is soothing. The ending, tense and dynamic...

Interesting how the same theme changes so drastically with your choices of instrumentation.

Excellent mix - as always.

Enjoyed.

fj

#429889 - 09/15/17 01:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Absolutely wonderful. As everybody has mentioned the genre transition is remarkable.

Thanks for providing all of the track information. It was fascinating to read all of it.

A stunning composition!

J&B
J&B Website

#429976 - 09/16/17 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Shigeki Adachi

well, what can you say this is almost art!
Beautiful transition too

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#430026 - 09/17/17 12:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Peter, Scott, Robert, Graham, Torrey, Deryk, Janne, Kenny, Greg, floyd, Janice & Bud, Rob & Anne-Marie

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I much appreciate your really nice words to this tune.
Band-in-a-box is a really wonderful software.
The transition was also made with BIAB.
It was generated with MIDI Soloist Pop 16th. Trumpet (22) with Harmony Big Band Brass 5 part (8va) (21).

Graham,
John Barry is one of my favorite composers.

Thanks again to all.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#430110 - 09/17/17 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Very nice, Shigeki! All your work is so cinematic. Very well produced and arranged.

Steve

#430186 - 09/18/17 08:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Wow!!!

I really love the sounds on this and the orchestration Shigeki!

The strat sounds so much like a strat? Are you sure that is midi? I assume that is midi running through a great sampler. Don't think I have ever heard a sampler that does a strat that well. Sure is a lot of Jeff Beck sounding stuff on the forum these days.

I will have to call his musical director Jennifer and tell her.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#430661 - 09/21/17 11:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Title: Ballade for The Betrayal, Instrumental tune with soundtrack feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Expert

Hello, Steve and David

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I much appreciate your really nice words to this tune.

David,
I love guitar and playing guitar, but my guitar skills are not quite capable of actual recordings.
So, if I need guitar sounds in my tunes, I ask my acquaintance player or use vst instruments.
This time I used EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath for Strat mute sounds.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Forum Stats
27617 Members
50 Forums
52228 Topics
432346 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
donbaxter, Jose-Luis-NZ, Cipher, BillyP, fleahead

27616 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 197
Noel96 170