You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#426002 - 08/14/17 02:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining)
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

If you need to mix the tracks to 5.1/7.1 for DVD a higher sample rate bit depth would be good.
Most commercial loops/samples sets come in 24/48.
44.1/16 is good to post in the user showcase and live on stage but if you are using BB in a studio that's what most of them need.

The MacBB had no problem reading/processing the 24/48 RT/RD I made (unlike WinBB).
Most studios use a Mac so that would lift the usability of Biab up to a pro level, not to mention the inevitable 64bit MacBB, increasing the sales.

Even if you start recording them at a higher sample rate bit depth now (if you haven't already) you will have it for a future release.

Using a common uncompressed/compressed audio format for both Mac/Win RT/RD might be a good transition.
If Win could use the same folder structure as Mac, it would be a lot cleaner, rather than 5 million files in the root.

For a 24/48 Mac/Win Audiophile drive whats the difference in price for a 1T, 2T and 3T USB drive ? not much.

It would be great to see a whole new era of PGMusic, producing 24/48 studio quality tracks not only for the hobbyist, student, musician but for studios also, not to mention the new 12-key RT's, lifting the game up to a Cross-platform 64bit MacBB/WinBB version with the same features and both released in December (so Mac users can enjoy a festive season also laugh ).

The best time to do all this is 10 years ago, the next best time is now.

Thanks,
pipeline (pipedream ? frown )

#426010 - 08/14/17 04:04 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
...If Win could use the same folder structure as Mac, it would be a lot cleaner, rather than 5 million files in the root.

+5 million

...The best time to do all this is 10 years ago, the next best time is now.

And another +1

BIAB, RB 2017(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#426032 - 08/14/17 07:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
It would be great to see a whole new era of PGMusic, producing 24/48 studio quality tracks not only for the hobbyist, student, musician but for studios also, not to mention the new 12-key RT's, lifting the game up to a Cross-platform 64bit MacBB/WinBB version with the same features and both released in December (so Mac users can enjoy a festive season also laugh ).

The best time to do all this is 10 years ago, the next best time is now.

Thanks,
pipeline (pipedream ? frown )

A BIG +1

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#426077 - 08/14/17 12:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1.

I made a similar request a few years ago.

24 bits provides more dynamic range as compared to 16 bits. 24 bit files have more headroom available while mixing so beginners have more sonic space to create better sounding mixes.

Apple seems to be leading the way when it comes to future-proofing audio files by starting their +++ Mastered For iTunes +++ program in 2013. This is from the Mastered for iTunes pdf file:
Quote:
An ideal master will have 24-bit 96kHz resolution. These files contain more detail from
which our encoders can create more accurate encodes. However, any resolution above
16-bit 44.1kHz, including sample rates of 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz, will benefit
from our encoding process.

I assume this is true of the encoders used by Spotify, SoundCloud, BandCamp, ReverbNation and all other online music vendors.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

#426133 - 08/15/17 12:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
Trygve Larsen Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Philippines
A 5 millions + wink
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#426146 - 08/15/17 02:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida
Absolutely, a big +1
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB 2017v467, RB 2017v7, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express XT, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.7 SampleTank 3.7

#426442 - 08/17/17 06:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
As someone who has an audio production degree, in my mixing classes, I never used anything over 24bit 44.1k, and do not believe the people who tell you that you need to use 96k to get the best results. Also, I assume that most people on forum export their songs onto Soundcloud, are going to be compressed to down to 128k which is the most unacceptable audio file rate. I can't say about other streaming website such as reverb nation, but I having the Real Tracks at 24bit would be delightful. I do want to point out that many people have mentioned on the forum that they prefer to go the MIDI route and combine it with some Real Tracks when the don't want to write out some of the parts.

Edited by Islansoul (08/17/17 06:47 AM)
music producer/engineer

#426443 - 08/17/17 06:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Actually, I did use 48k for my post production class, so 48k is a good idea.
music producer/engineer

#426465 - 08/17/17 09:34 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
The 48k arose from a video standard and is also useful if you release music on DVD.

+1 of course.
BIAB 2017 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#426533 - 08/17/17 04:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Islansoul]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
Actually, I did use 48k for my post production class, so 48k is a good idea.

Yes, I knew 48K is an industry standard. All of the backing tracks in the videos our company produces is 48K.

BIAB, RB 2017(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#429621 - 09/12/17 08:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: VideoTrack]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

https://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-3/
https://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-3-ssd-disk/

The new Superior Drummer 3 has 230GB of 24bit samples that can be purchased on an optional Library on a 256GB SSD for US$199 and US$399 for Superior Drummer 3, or US$199 upgrade or US$299 for EZDrummer 2 crossgrade.
That's US$598.

So Biab Audiophile is great value @ US$669 or US$199 upgrade (within first 30 days).
But with 24bit it would be even greater !

#431226 - 09/26/17 12:42 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Transition to 24bit/48khz RealTracks/Drums (Revisited, Re-Requested, Re-Whining) [Re: Pipeline]
Trygve Larsen Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Philippines
+1
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

PG Music News
Vote for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - We've Been Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We are still over the moon with being nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

If you haven't had a chance to look over the nominees and place your vote, head to https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awards - but hurry... the polls are only open until 23:59 PST on November 30th! (Winners will be annouced at the Winter NAMM show in January.)

The SOS Awards are held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Sound On Sound Awards - a list of 2017 Winners.

The Beginners Forum - Great Tool for New Band-in-a-Box® Users!

If you're new to Band-in-a-Box®, and looking for a Forum just for you, check out the Beginner's Forum! This forum is the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with the program.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the Beginners Forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too - we have a really supportive & helpful crew on the forums!

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=97&page=1

YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major

Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

YouTube Video - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band In A Box Backing Track Key G Major

My Favorite Things - Seemingly Unlimited Flexibility!

We receive user feedback many ways, including our Facebook page, by email or phone, using the Comments tab on our Band-in-a-Box® pages, the My Favorite Things Forum, and more!

Like the great feedback recently posted by Al-David:
"I write and play in quite a few different genres. The flexibility BIAB gives me makes transpositions, from one genre to another, so easy and quick. A number of times I've created a piece, intending it to be a Smooth Jazz or Smooth RnB song. But when I generated the song, it just didn't work in the intended genre.

With a simple click of the Style Picker ... BAM! The song ended up as a pretty decent Pop song. I only had to replace a couple of instruments from the new style and alter a couple of chords..."
(read the full thread here.)

Post your feedback to our Forum - My Favorite Things - we'd love to hear it!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We're so excited that Band-in-a-Box® 2017 has been nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote! If you haven't had a chance yet, you can vote here... (the polls are open until 23:59 PST on November 30th)

Winners will be announced at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2018.

What are the SOS awards? Held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Happy National Saxophone Day!

Happy Birthday to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone! Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he pantended his saxophone creation!

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Plus, we have more than 180 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box by the following RealTracks Artists:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

We have more than 30 different RealTracks Sets that include Saxophone RealTracks - for a complete list, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Patch Update 470 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows users can download the latest patch, Build 470, here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#470

Summary of changes for Version 2017 Build 470:
Fixed: The RealDrums Picker was opening slowly.

This patch will update any build of 2017 for Windows, and will include all updates and fixes applied with earlier patches.

Forum Stats
26612 Members
50 Forums
48188 Topics
394889 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Eddie C, renew, Diamondking, trooper, arman101

26612 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 223
Al-David 188