Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Beginners Forum
WendyM Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Im working on a piece and have the chords in BUT one doesnt sound quite right and im trying to get it fixed.Every time I cange that one chord I have to re-gen the whole darned thing, which takes a lttle while on my slowish machine. Is there a workround or a right click whatever that will just re-gen that one bar and leave the rest alone., just so I can hear the effect?
WendyM
Oh - the other thing is that Im sure the chord is C/D but it plays the Bass so low(like it was on a de-tuned E string)that it sound horrid-Id prefer the Bass to be an octave higher. can I tweak that somehow. Its an RT,not midi.

BiaB2022PLUS,927. every extras pack I can find ;-),Sonar7XL,Win 10
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Wendy, it's a good question, but as I understand it, not one that can be solved with BiaB.

However, Real Band might be your answer. It allows you to generate sections of a song rather than the entire song. Depending on your work flow, this may or may not be beneficial.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
VideoTrack is correct that the best, most efficient way is to use RB. If for some reason that's not an available solution, there is a work around you can try.

Reading your question though, if regeneration of a single track is sluggish and time consuming, the work around is likely not going to work for you. It will take more time and effort than regenerating a track.

It's rather involved so just let me know if it's something you're interest in pursuing and I'll post the steps.

Some options to consider:

1. Regenerate the whole song a half step higher key.

2. If it's the only the single chord of the bass, you can mute or put a rest in that particular measure for the bass forcing the bass to do something other than play that offending chord. It may be possible to have the whole measure do a shot, rest or hold. Again, that will force the offending instrument to choose a different portion of the RT audio that may work.

3. If you have a track available, create and use a midi bass to play that measure and mute the RT bass for that measure and have the midi bass play that measure.

4. You can also use another Bass RT that performs that note correctly. Even if all tracks are in use, you can have more than one RT play on a single track. Using F5, near the top of the screen and just to the right of the tempo boxes is a RealTrack Button. You can audition basses and select a similar sounding bass to play the offending measure and then use F5 and the RT button to revert back to the original bass in the next measure. The original bass line will play to that measure, at that measure, the new bass will play and the original bass will return on the next measure.

5. You can choose a different bass for the entire track.

I hope one of these suggestions help you fix your issue.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
WendyM Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks guys.I guess RB is really the answr but at the moment I find it a bit quirky-or maybe im too lazy.
The Bass is 366 Country 065 and there isnt anything at say 085 that would do and the rocky ones are too er rocky. BUT -I wasnt happy with my key (F) and I changed to D and the /Bass played right, an octave higher than the one in F. Maybe I got so low that a trigger kicked in and forced it upwards. Dunno.

I found a cheat workround to the partial re-gen thing too. Sort of. Please dont shout! lol. I have two empty track slots,melody and solo, so I put Brents 2650 already in track 5 in those tracks too and asked for a full re-gen of all 3-I had frozen all the others. I now have 3 infill tracks to export to my DAW and I can pick the bits I like form those and bin the bits that jar.
What I do find odd is that BB is an ARRANGERS TOOL so you would think that twiddling with the chords etc would be easier than it is. Just my thoughts.
As always, my grateful thanks.
WendyM

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Wendy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your workaround. Plenty of users do just that. It's just a shame that it can't be done directly inside BiaB.

2018?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
You can also convert it to a simple straight chord or even drop the bass totally. Then use a midi bass to play that note exactly where you want it. All you're doing is dropping the note in the place you need and manually playing it.

I use this technique quite often and not just for bass, but also piano and other things like drums. Bass happens to be one of the easier instruments to use this technique on and have it be totally camouflaged into the song.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Beginners Forum
WendyM Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi Herb. The bass note needed was part of a walk diwn bass line over a couple of bars. Leaving the chord as just C messed that up cos it played er C.lol. when i changed key from F to D the /bass played what i wanted.
I dont have a midi board.are you saying that I can get a specific midi bass note from somwhere in BB and attach it to thevtrack. That would be brilliant.
Wendym

Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C

Can I get a specific midi bass note from somewhere in BB and attach it to the track?

Yes. It can be a midi note, midi chord or an audio sample of a note, chord or riff. The note, chord or riff can be inserted once or repeated multiple times. It can actually be any audio but to concentrate on your particular issue we'll assume it's a note. The note can come from your BB song or from any other midi or audio source.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Wendy, the problem might be that your tracks, if I'm right, are all Real Tracks, so putting a Midi bass note taken from another style might not be possible.
A theoretical work around - Freeze and Save your current SGU, assuming you like it apart from the bad bass note that occurs. I am assuming that you will now take the wavs to your DAW or RB. Keeping everything as it is, look for a Midi style that is similar to the RT one you are using. It need not be exactly the same - just the genre and tempo should be about right. Load and run it and if it plays it right, Export the midi Bass line wav to your DAW. When you mix your piece simply clip out the bad RT bar and cut and paste in the midi one, deleting the rest of it. In the scheme of things it shouldnt be too noticeable.
I have done this in the past, again on Bass lines where I cant seem to get the RT to do as I ask it.
I hope this is of some help.
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Hi Herb. The bass note needed was part of a walk diwn bass line over a couple of bars. Leaving the chord as just C messed that up cos it played er C.lol. when i changed key from F to D the /bass played what i wanted.
I dont have a midi board.are you saying that I can get a specific midi bass note from somwhere in BB and attach it to thevtrack. That would be brilliant.
Wendym

Yes... while using a midi keyboard to play the note is the easiest, it is also possible to "mouse it in". You simply place the note where you want by clicking on the staff.

Changing the key worked because it's a whole different set of notes in a different range and the bottom cutoff is different. I'd also try copy/paste. if it generates correctly somewhere else, a copy paste function gets it to where you want with a few clicks. Set resolution to measures or some other easy to place resolution.... halves or quarters. this is one of my favorite time savers.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195