Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#429850 - 09/15/17 07:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Notes Norton Offline
Veteran

Loc: Fort Pierce, Florida, U.S.A.
Power came back on yesterday. Ah, life is almost back to normal. Still some clean up to do, put away storm panels, service the generator, help neighbors who fled the storm clean up theirs, and so on. But we have lights, refrigerator, and Internet. Life is good.

Yes Bob, the biggest problem is with the tropical rain forests. But we all can help with a tree or two,

And I respectfully disagree. I don't think the US is doing fine. I've seen hundreds of miles of trees bulldozed over in Florida and elsewhere for housing developments that replaced the trees with lawns.

That's a lot of CO2 not getting converted to O2.

I'm a believer that if a lot of people, each does a little, the end result can be huge.

When I bought my house, which used to be in a mixed scrub-oak, sand pine, sabal palm, and palmetto forest there wasn't a tree on it. The previous owner didn't like the leaves falling.

There are remnants of the forest, and it was thick.

Now I have over a dozen live oaks, 11 sabal palms, 4 royal poincianas, 3 gumbo limbos, one neem, a few sea grapes, and one ficus that the birds planted. And a few carrotwoods have also volunteered. 27 years later, I'm back in a 1/2 acre forest.

My yard is cooler and the shade is welcome. It no longer needs to be watered and fertilized, and I have ferns and other ground cover plants to minimize what I have to mow.

I live near the Indian River Lagoon on the East coast of Florida. A former Riverkeeper came to my house to borrow a PA amp, and he said my yard was perfect for the health of the lagoon and the fish that spawn in it (and I like to eat fish).

The way I figure it is if >97% of peer-reviewed, published, climate scientists agree, and a few dissenters have been found taking million dollar bribes from oil and coal companies, that there is at least a 97% chance that humans are either causing or accelerating the global warming. So I'll go with that. If I erred, I've erred on the side of caution, and if I'm right, my children and grandchildren will know I've done what I can.

The seas have risen so much around here that Miami Beach regularly floods at high tide. Even the Republican Mayor who was a climate denier has turned around. Miami is consulting with people from The Netherlands about how to keep the water out.

Las Olas area of Ft. Lauderdale (The Venice Of America) suffers the same fate. I grew up there, and never-ever saw the tide overflow the banks until the late 1990s. Now it covers Las Olas Blvd frequently.

Salt water intrusion has happened up to 6 miles inland to what were fresh water wells.

Of course less than 3% of peer reviewed climate scientists say this is natural, but I choose to go with the over 97%.

I know there are a lot of fake news exaggerations on both side of the coin, and they often look very convincing and have credible sounding names. (They did the same thing with tobacco smoke.) But if you look at the peer reviewed scientific journals, the vast majority of climatologists think there is no question about the human contribution global warming.

And although it's very difficult to say, one super-storm Sandy, or Irma, or Katrina is the cause of climate change, looking at the total weather extremes seem to fit the predictions that the climatologists as far back as the 1950s predicted.

Add the sea level rise, the Arctic melting, the glaciers receding, and the permafrost melting, I think we need to all do something.

And yes, China is a big polluter, but they are also installing Solar and Wind at a pace that dwarfs our efforts. When I was there, they were damming the Yangtze river, relocating millions of people, moving historic structures, and the people I talked with all seemed to agree that the cost was severe, but worth it to get better air (and the air in China was bad). So if it is a Chinese Hoax, they are spending zillions of dollars on that hoax. Rush Limbaugh who said Irma was a liberal climate change hoax, he evacuated his Florida home.

Still, it's impossible to prove with 100% accuracy, and the "Merchants Of Doubt" hired by the oil and coal companies capitalize on that fact. So we all choose to believe who we want to believe.

So I will continue to go with the 97% of peer-reviewed climatologists. I hope my children and grandchildren and all the others in those generation have a better world for our efforts. And if we are wrong, we haven't hurt anything. If the "other side" is wrong, the next generations will suffer.

I guess I'm still not over peace, love, and all that hippie philosophy.

Notes

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks

#429856 - 09/15/17 08:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Your property sounds beautiful, who doesn't like all that greenery? I sure do, I would love to see it.

All I like to do when this subject comes up is point out the inconsistencies in this. I certainly don't deny what's happening. And of course I agree a lot of it is human caused too. I've seen several shows about the flooding in Miami and what they're trying to about it on a local level. On a planetary level though you can't believe squat. When it comes to China for example, you do understand that place is run by a pure dictatorship right? Red Chinese Communists, the People's Liberation Army and all that? Tianamen Square?

Imho, you can't believe a word they say, all their stats are whatever they want them to be and nobody can dissent or they disappear. As far as China's so called shift to being climate good guys:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/01/climate/china-energy-companies-coal-plants-climate-change.html

This is all about the third world as I mentioned earlier. People in the third world are now somewhat connected via the internet. They know full well how we and the other western countries live and since they're human beings just like everybody else, they want that for themselves. Who wouldn't?

That level of development requires power and lots of it which requires money and lots of that too. Of course pretty much all of those countries are so corrupt it's almost inconceivable to us. Just take one, Mexico. It's well known Mexico is right up there as one of the top two or three most corrupt countries in the world.

How can you believe anything these countries say? They can sign all the accords they want, so what? My friend has several time shares at Mexican resorts and they're beautiful, fun places to visit and all that but we like to leave the resorts and take a bus into town. That's where you see where they're really at and it's pretty bad. Heavy traffic and none of those vehicles have their pollution controls hooked up. Mexico City is right up there with Beijing for air quality. Mexico has as many natural resources as we do here but it's all controlled by the original families who got land grants from the Spanish king centuries ago.

Mexico is just one example, India, Asia, S. America and all the other crap holes around the world are the same. The people are fine, folks are folks, it's their governments. My only point is not that there isn't a problem, it's what can the US as a country do about it? To me we can all buy Priuses and Teslas which I think are great btw, plant all the trees we possibly can, and it will make little difference. Some maybe but nowhere near enough and to do the really radical overhaul using increasingly tougher regulations on industry and individuals will basically bankrupt our economy and to what end? In the final analysis it's not going to change the climate one tiny bit without all these third world countries doing the same and good luck with that. India has dead bodies floating down their rivers, and cows are sacred, can't be eaten or touched, how good do you think their air quality is? I just remembered something that looks like a fun place to visit, shipbreaking. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gu7yvFD4oc

What kind of EPA type regs do they have here? Zero. What kind of safety regs for the workers? Zero. How do they live? Barely. How much pollution is being generated here? Who knows, what do you think?

Ex hippies wearing rose colored glasses who think they are actually making a difference in the face of this? C'mon. You can find the same secret vids taken at places in China that are apart from the modern showcase factories in the development zones we all see on the news. Oh no, go ahead and read and see pics of what's really going on in China. Same crap, different flavor.

That's all I'm saying.

Bob

#429874 - 09/15/17 11:12 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
sslechta Online   content
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
What great timing..... CNN article just released today.

Climate change made Harvey and Irma worse

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#429899 - 09/15/17 03:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: sslechta]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
Hmmmmm (as I said earlier "tiresome" becasue this is no longer a thread about checking on forum members and wishing them well, offering help and moral support. And it is definitely not "music" related.

Again ALL AFFECTED forum members: I WISH YOU WELL and God speed (oops did I bring in the deity?)

but as long as we are going there:

So let’s hear from some actual scientists (yes, there is one link below who is not a scientist but puts together a coherent counterpoint to one - as long as you actually listen to it). Being a "scientist" a troublesome mathematician, (no I don't play one on TV) who worked almost daily (for decades) with other mathematicians, physicists, statisticians, and "experimental'ists" - you know the kind of folks who are all from the “Missouri state of science” (aka "SHOW ME"). The kind of nose-to-the-grindstone professionals that would say something like:

"Give me your data (ALL THE DATA), method and other details of data collection (and how data verification was performed), data not included (and why, but give it to me anyway), models, model assumptions, equations, equation and model simplification(s) for things like 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ..nth order effects and nth order interactions. Considerations that had to be excluded or "assumed" because computationally unknown, unknowable, un-computable [even the best fluid dynamic models - have some assumed parameters, nth order partial differentials, and other aspects because there is no way to symbolize them, estimate their initial conditions, etc.]

How the models and equations were verified and validated plus the reports and studies SHOWING the verification and validation. How well did said models and equations work on interpolation of existing data, was there any re-sampling,...? even with perfect fits of data (and correlations of rho approaching 1/-1 doesn’t mean the equation or model can EXTRAPOLATE (i.e., predict) accurately, or even well, even one n-tuple point beyond the domain.

Plus a long list of OTHER pertinent FACTS - then finally tell me your testing hypotheses, statistical test methods and attributes (e.g., 1-beta: aka power of the statistical design, alpha, etc.), and finally the outcomes.

Now I will go out and re-exam this area myself, once I have my own understanding of it, then let's see if I, and OTHERS, can repeat your tests and analyses and after performing independent analyses get the same results. Maybe I'll do independent data collection, data verification, model verification, different types of numerical and statistical analyses and see IF I still get these results.

In actual (hard) science there is objective, constant, consistent, unchanging truth: there is no measurable criteria with the quality called: "consensus." Yes, a group of experts can (and we all of us almost always do) hold a consensus of opinion, or a consensus of the general effect of X on A - but it is never considered "proof" of X on A. Proof stands separate and apart and is repeatable and verifiable.

Even if consensus were an acceptable scientific principal asking the very group of "experts" whose funding, livelihood, and (peer) reputation depends mainly, if not SOLELY, on only one kind and direction for their studies and analyses that group is NOT the group to verify said studies and outcomes.

That's akin to

FBI: "Hey, mafia are you mugs still running numbers, bribing officials, corrupting unions...?"
Mafia: "Nah, the consensus of us mafioso members is we ain't never done nutin' like 'dat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXxHfb66ZgM&t=981s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiKfWdXXfIs&t=231s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOGt3OzTXBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrQxidb4xSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyARQZ5vkc

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/02/08/thanks-to-the-ipcc-the-public-doesnt-know-water-vapor-is-most-important-greenhouse-gas/

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html

and on and on and on.......

OUT HERE

Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#429901 - 09/15/17 03:30 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Matcham Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Bob the figures I mentioned earlier concerning the States' contribution to global CO2 emissions don't come from China or some other 'crappy third world country'. They come from a US government agency using their own data. Unless you believe the US government is as corrupt as all the other governments you casually throw around by name (possible - you seem to be on the extreme end of scepticism), then you might have to face the possibility that the US is part of the problem of global warming, and therefore needs to be part of the solution. And sorry, the schoolroom excuse "but others are doing it too" is not going to make the world a better place.

Larry, are you being ironic? Curious you should enter a discussion that you have repeatedly declared 'tiresome'.

#429932 - 09/16/17 12:27 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Matcham]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

"I could rip apart your premise point by point"

I would not take on JM he seems like a Master Debater.

A bit of CO2 won't hurt anybody, see the ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

#429944 - 09/16/17 05:45 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Notes Norton Offline
Veteran

Loc: Fort Pierce, Florida, U.S.A.
Bob, I've been to China and talked to the citizens. They are fed up with the dirty air, and think the sacrifices are worth it. I saw them moving ancient monuments out of the Yangtze valley so when it floods they won't lose their heritage. I saw the new apartment buildings being built to replace the ones that will be submerged when the river rose. And I saw the construction of the dam.

Yes they have a corrupt communist government, and well, we have a corrupt capitalist/"corporationalist" government. While I believe capitalist is superior to communist, I'm not blind to the flaws in our system.

I don't think it does any good to point fingers at others, we can't change them. But we can change ourselves and instead of being the only civilized country out of the Paris agreement (for one example) we could be leading the world by embracing solar and wind, painting our roofs white, planting trees, getting rid of the gas guzzlers, eliminating or greatly reducing our dependence on Air Conditioning, and doing other things to set an example, instead of fighting it for the profits of the oil and coal companies.

I've been in Florida since 1957 and through the years I've seen the waters rise, and I've seen the storms break records after record.

When I was a child, upper 80s in my home town made front page news. Now 90s are common.

I resolve to do what I can both in my yard and at the ballot box to help myself and others survive these newer, seeming more powerful storms. (back on topic).

And I feel if enough of us do this, instead of pointing fingers, we can make a difference. And I think the US should be the leaders, not the followers.

Notes

Edited by Notes Norton (09/16/17 06:06 AM)

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks

#429956 - 09/16/17 10:46 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
I think the US should be the leaders, not the followers.

+1

#429967 - 09/16/17 02:38 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: sslechta]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Note that CNN ran that. The very liberal "Blame Trump for everything since Lincoln got shot" media.

Trump opted out of the climate nonsense what, June? And within 90 days something HE did was responsible for hurricanes? To look at it from the other side, climate change happened during the 8 years of the liberal democrat president too. So is Obama 8 times as liable?

Everybody needs to turn the liberal news off. They do not deal in fact. They deal in bias and opinion skewed against the guy they don't like. They have never explained why, if Trump is the anti-Christ as they report, Hilary couldn't beat him.

Climate change has been in the mix for a century, since industry started polluting. It didn't just start to happen in 2017.

Edited by eddie1261 (09/16/17 02:41 PM)

#429985 - 09/16/17 03:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
beatmaster Offline
Apprentice

I think the US should be the leaders, not the followers

Big plus one .

The U.S.A. Always were the leaders .

I stay in Great Britain and the word here used to be U.S.A. Sneezes Then Britain gets a cold.

There always will be an influential country .

God Bless

#429987 - 09/16/17 04:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricanes, Climate Change and Politics :) [Re: beatmaster]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I think the US should be the leaders, not the followers.

+1

#430049 - 09/17/17 06:58 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
It's been a week. Part of this forum family are still w/o power, w/o access to gas, and knowing that the next rain can again bring flooding to their damaged homes. Mega positive thoughts to them during a prolonged recovery and may making music return for them as soon as possible.

J&B

Amen to that!

#430067 - 09/17/17 10:32 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Matcham]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Originally Posted By: Matcham
Bob the figures I mentioned earlier concerning the States' contribution to global CO2 emissions don't come from China or some other 'crappy third world country'. They come from a US government agency using their own data. Unless you believe the US government is as corrupt as all the other governments you casually throw around by name (possible - you seem to be on the extreme end of scepticism), then you might have to face the possibility that the US is part of the problem of global warming, and therefore needs to be part of the solution. And sorry, the schoolroom excuse "but others are doing it too" is not going to make the world a better place.

Larry, are you being ironic? Curious you should enter a discussion that you have repeatedly declared 'tiresome'.

Larry didn't express himself very elegantly but his point as I read it is very valid. To quote a famous person "There are lies, damn lies and statistics." It's all about the methodology used, the details of the research etc.

Here's something I just found that supports what I've written:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-America-stacks-up-greenhouse-gas-emissions-180963560/

Note China emits TWICE what the US does because this is using CO2 equivalents, not just CO2 alone. See the quote again. Then add up India, Brazil and Russia and what do you get? About the same as China. Now you're at 21.25 vs 6.34. Basically a bit over 3 to 1 concerning emissions of those countries and the US. This has been my basic point all along. All of those countries are dictatorships or in the case of Brazil corrupt on a scale comparable to Mexico. I basically don't believe what kind of propaganda they put out. Oh yes, we're doing this and we're going to do that. Maybe.

Having said that am NOT a denier. There certainly seems to be a long term problem. The question is what can we do about it? That's where I'm a skeptic. The following is where the idea comes from that if the US completely eliminated 100% of emissions the net result in global temps would be undetectable:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmichaels/2013/07/25/reduce-u-s-carbon-emissions-to-zero-and-the-temperature-decrease-by-2100-will-be-undetectable/#2c06d5753909

Not being any kind of expert in this field I try to keep an open mind but I do read a lot. My general feeling is I don't trust dictatorships and corrupt governments. The UN in general is very much anti American as well as anti Semitic for that matter. Putting the worst human rights violators on the UN Human Rights Commission and stuff like that.

The corruption at the UN is legendary so why would I put much stock in what they say or do? Basically I don't. There's the old joke about a broken clock being correct twice a day. Sure, the most corrupt organizations can be correct once in a while but since they have zero credibility with me, I basically ignore what the UN says.

The good news is the private sector ie the free market, is making great strides in reducing these emissions. It's basic economics. Build something that people want and be able to sell it at a profit and everybody's happy. The electric car and hybrid industries seem to be doing well and so is alternative energy sources. Far from being any kind of Luddite, I'm a high tech supporter and love this stuff.

Bob

#430069 - 09/17/17 10:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: Notes Norton]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
It's been a week. Part of this forum family are still w/o power, w/o access to gas, and knowing that the next rain can again bring flooding to their damaged homes. Mega positive thoughts to them during a prolonged recovery and may making music return for them as soon as possible.

J&B

PS. And another one is following a similar path. Here's hoping for a northward that spares everybody who was previously hit.
J&B Website

#430092 - 09/17/17 02:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Hurricane Irma [Re: jazzmammal]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Remember Bob that the population of China is 1,340,000,000. The population of the USA is 324,000,000. About 1/3 the population of China. Wouldn't logic say that 3 times as many people emit 3 times the amount of hydrocarbons?

You are spot on though. Statistics can never lie. Statistics are not conditional. They are cold, factual and impersonal with no "but" attached. So, the fact that China has 3 times as many people may explain WHY they emit 3 times as much, but it's the 3 times more that damages the ozone.

I had the "pleasure" of watching the hippies protest a nuclear plant when it was being built 60 miles east of Cleveland. A reporter asked one of them "In a situation where nuclear power was the only option, would you choose nuclear power or no power?" and that politician tried to duck by saying "There will always be options." The reporter replied "That wasn't my question. My question was IF there were no options", and the politician walked away from the interview. People with an agenda seem to disregard statistics and look for scapegoats.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

PG Music News
Video: Exporting Audio Files in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Our latest video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - Exporting Audio Files Tutorial walks you through the different options to export your Band-in-a-Box® songs and song tracks from Band-in-a-Box® as an audio file (WAV, MP3, etc.)!

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=_Px958TmzhA

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 516 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows customer can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#516

Summary of changes:
Improved: More RealTracks have HiQ transcriptions. Fixed Bass AmericanaSlow16thsByron bad chords.
Improved: The Audio Drivers dialog for WAS devices now shows Bit Depth in the device description.
Improved: WAS audio driver performance has been Improved when using 44.1 kHz sample rate.
Improved: Windows Audio Session error messages contain more specific information.
Updated: Misc. updates to StylePicker database, memos, manuals, help files.
Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: "mono" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: "normalize individual tracks" was only working for MIDI tracks.
Fixed: "One file per track" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: Access violation on bootup if using a Roland audio interface (ASIO) that is not connected.
Fixed: Adjusting Melody or Soloist tracks to fit a new number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: An access violation error might occur in the RealTracks Picker if quickly scrolling and double-clicking to hear demos.
Fixed: Changing a track name using the StylePicker mixer controls might open a hidden popup window.
Fixed: Changing the number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: Clicking on the far left of the Guitar window would cause a "!!!!!" flash message to show.
Fixed: If adjusting the number of choruses in your song, choosing Cancel is ignored when asked, "OK to adjust Melody track to fit new # of choruses?".
Fixed: JazzBebopDannyBrushes sometimes out of sync.
Fixed: Panning the audio track did not work.
Fixed: Some Amplitube presets/styles/demos pointed to a preset which wasn't available in some installs.
Fixed: Some typos and omissions in RealDrums Picker.
Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: The [Get Patch/Drum Kit Info] button in the MIDI drivers dialog would not find the synthesizer documentation.
Fixed: The About dialog was not showing the Fretlight Ready logo.
Fixed: The Audio Chord Wizard would always run in English.
Fixed: The busy mouse cursor might remain after analyzing audio with the Audio Chord Wizard.
Fixed: The PDF driver installer could not be launched from Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: The Plugins window would be too small when using plugins that have a small GUI.
Fixed: Using a Coyote DXi synthesizer (eg CoyoteWT or ForteDXi) might cause crackling/buzzing noise during playback.
Fixed: Using a multi speaker layout (eg. 4 speakers surround sound) instead of stereo might cause failure to connect to audio hardware with error -9996. This only happened when using WAS as audio driver type.
Fixed: Video rendering would fail if saved using Japanese characters in file name.
Fixed: When saving a Hybrid style for the first time, the File Save dialog should start in the Styles directory.

#TipTuesday - PG Music Inc. Newsletter - Stay In-the-Loop!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, or other PG Music Inc. products are released? Sign up for the newsletter at http://www.pgmusic.com/newsletter.htm.

If you purchased Band-in-a-Box® (or any other PG Music Inc. product) directly from us, you're already on the list!

Of course, we also announce new releases and specials on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pgmusicinc/), Twitter account (https://twitter.com/BandinaBox), and right here in our Forums!

Amazing Band-in-a-Box User Comments!

Great program with lots of support through the publisher and after-market. Use it for teaching, practicing, and gigging.
-Andrew L.

I just got my 6th film placement on a song recorded entirely in Band-in-a-Box. You guys rock!
-Terry Fernihough (Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist!)

I love this program. I have only had it for around a month but it has made things a lot easier for me. I no longer have to scour the internet for backing tracks. I just plug in the chords I want to use, find the style I want and done. Saving me so much time and being able to transpose into different keys is awesome too.
As the days go on I will be delving deeper into what it can do, importing some of my backing tracks into Abelton 9 to play with and writing some songs.
Best money I have spent on something in while.
-Peter S.

I started using Band-in-a-Box around 1990. It was the DOS version naturally and I used one of those old portable computers with dual floppy drives and a built in 9" monochrome display. I connected midi cables to a great sounding Yamaha keyboard and played my music using midi tracks. I did a demo for a university music class that was a lot of fun. Wow, it is almost unimaginable to see where this product has elevated to today. I have upgraded many times over the past 28 years but each time I am even more amazed. Thank you PG Music for being such a major part of my love for music all of these years!!!
-Dwayne G.

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "band in a box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy.
-Ilija B.

I’ve been using it for about the same time (20 years). I’m a trumpet player and just really want some backing on lead sheets. With the Real Styles - it sounds fantastic! Takes just minutes to input chord changes and find the right style. There is so much you can do and I love having the Soloist features to really add color.
-Mike B.

Read even more great feedback here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Danish Edition for Windows® is Here!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=da

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 til Windows er klar!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet mere end 50 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl. a. RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Loops, Artist Performances, Amplitube presets og dertil hørende stilarter, 12-tonearter RealTracks og Hi-Q Guitar Notation! Vi har tilføjet 202 nye RealTracks, hvilket er det dobbelte af de 101, vi ofte tidligere har udgivet! Vi introducerer Video RealTracks (40 i genrerne Country, Pop, and Jazz), som fungerer helt som RealTracks, men også har videoer af musikerne, mens de spiller! Vi har også lavet en ny Xtra Styles PAK 4 med 160 nye Xtra Stilarters. (Xtra stilarter er stilarter baseret på tidligere udgivne RealTracks). Der er mere end 200 nye RealStyles baseret på vores nye RealTracks bl.a. Americana, Klezmer, Top-40, Jazz stryger pads, Vokal (ooh og aah), Ny Crooner "Shout" BigBand stilart og meget mere! Vi har en Bonus 49-PAK med 40 ekstra ikke tidligere udgivne RealTracks foruden de 202 ovenfor nævnte, så alt i alt er der 242 nye RealTracks til rådighed! Bonus 49-PAK indeholder også Video RealTracks sæt 1 og 2, 32 nye MIDI SuperTracks, 108 nye Instrumental Studies, 52 Loops og 8 Artist Performances.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Swedish Edition for Windows® is Here!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=sv

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 för Windows är här!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 50 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Loopar, Artist Performances, Amplitube presets och tillhörande stilar, 12-Key RealTracks, och Hi-Q Gitarr Notation! Vi har lagt till 202 nya RealTracks, dubblat de 101 som vi ofta har släppt förut! Vi introducerar nu Video RealTracks (40 tillgängliga i Country, Pop, och Jazz), vilka fungerar precis som RealTracks, men inkluderar också videos av musikers framträdande! Vi har också skapat en ny Xtra Styles PAK 4 med 160 nya Xtra Styles. (Xtra Styles är stilar baserade på tidigare utgivna RealTracks). Det finns över 200 nya RealStyles till våra nya RealTracks innefattande Americana, Klezmer, Top-40, Jazz Strings Pads, Vocals (oohs och aahs), Nytt Crooner "Shout" BigBand stilar, med mera! Vi har ett Bonus 49-PAK med 40 ytterligare nya outgivna RealTracks på toppen av 202 ovan, så totalt fantastiska 242 nya RealTracks finns tillgängliga! Bonus 49-PAK inkluderar också Video RealTracks Set 1 och 2, 32 nya MIDI SuperTracks, 108 nya Instrumental Studies, 52 Loops, och 8 Artist Performances

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Italian Edition for Windows® is Here!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=it

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 per Windows-a-Box® è arrivato!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto, abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzioni e una sorprendente collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Studi Strumentali, Loops, Performance di Musicisti, Presets Amplitube e stili associati, RealTracks in 12 tonalità, Notazione di Chitarra Hi-Q!

Abbiamo aggiunto 202 nuovi RealTracks, il doppio di quelli rilasciati ogni anno in passato! Ora vi presentiamo i Video RealTracks (40 disponibili in Country, Pop e Jazz), che funzionano proprio come iRealTracks, ma includono anche i video delle performance del musicista! Abbiamo anche realizzato un nuovo Xtra Styles PAK 4 con 160 nuovi stili Xtra. (Gli stili Xtra sono basati sui RealTracks rilasciati in precedenza). Ci sono oltre 200 nuovi RealStyles per i nostri nuovi RealTracks tra cui Americana, Klezmer, Top-40, Jazz Strings Pad, Vocali (oohs e aahs), Nuovi stili Crooner "Shout" BigBand e molto altro! Abbiamo un Bonus 49-PAK con 40 nuovi RealTracks inediti in cima ai 202 di cui sopra, quindi in totale sono disponibili 242 nuovi RealTrack! Il Bonus 49-PAK include anche Video RealTracks Set 1 e 2, 32 nuovi SuperTracks MIDI, 108 nuovi Studi Strumentali, 52 Loops e 8 Performance di Musicisti.

Forum Stats
27377 Members
49 Forums
51120 Topics
422058 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Sharon111, Alexander Alison, RicoRomero, beaublue, Asje

27377 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 189
David Snyder 170