Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#430212 - 09/18/17 11:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video!
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made your own video using this feature? Share it here!

#430381 - 09/19/17 08:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Mike Laatz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: South Africa
This is a great feature, and I'd love to see it extended to notation.
I'm a sax player, and it would be great to be able to read transposed dots while the backing is playing. I posted this on the wishlist a while back.

#430387 - 09/20/17 01:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Expert

I have never quite understood what this feature is good for? Why would I upload a video like this to YouTube? The only thing I can think of is to use as a visual guide for playing along...kind of a musical karaoke for several players to follow along with. Is there some other benefit to this that I have not figured out?

#430417 - 09/20/17 08:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
J3, I think you answered your own question.

It can also be used for folks to concurrently see and hear what's going on in a song chord-progression-wise.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#430468 - 09/20/17 06:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
The feature also allows you to upload a song to YouTube without having to personally create a video.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

#430476 - 09/20/17 09:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Mike Laatz]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Mike Laatz
This is a great feature, and I'd love to see it extended to notation....

+1 and Big Lyrics/chord window.

There's a free avi to mp4 converter here to convert the very large avi to smaller mp4 video:

Biab Songs On iPad/Tablets

#431097 - 09/25/17 04:18 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Pipeline]
edshaw Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Colorado
What a great feature. And what a wonderful job of explaining the applications,
not the least of which is the collaborative, especially the part about muting tracks for the instruments and distributing copies to the band members, and as a learning and teaching tool.
I have been using screen recordings of Baib for a few years, now, and have found them very useful in on-line instruction. This new Baib feature sends that application into the stratosphere, as, now, the interface can be posted and distributed like never before.
You might think I'd have something to add; but, no, you guys have it covered, and more. Great future for Baib, to augment its illustrious past!
TEAC Digital deck
HD Stereo field recorder w/ clock

#431325 - 09/26/17 03:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

I'm glad Callie brought this up.
I wanted to see if anyone else is having problems with it.

I'm running BIAB 2017 (467) on a Windows 10 Home machine.
The problem I'm having (and have had for the past couple of versions of BIAB)
is that if I just want to create a video, and not post it on Youtube,
it doesn't seem to co-operate.

Here's my test:

1. In a new instance of BIAB, go to File > Open and navigate to the bb folder
2. Scroll down the list past all the folders and open the first .mgu file !BYRDQRT
3. Change the number of choruses to 1, just so it isn't so long
4. Click the Save As icon and select the "Save as Video" choice
5. Leave all the boxes to their defaults and click OK - Render Video
6. When it has finished, click Show Video File, then double click the file

Mine opens in a default player called "Films & TV", and contains only audio,
but when I open it in any of 2 or 3 other players, the AVI file doesn't show the entire song, only a portion.

If anyone has time to see if they can replicate this, I'd appreciate it.
I chased it around last winter with the PG Support team, to the point that they even sent me a test file, which I still can't get to work.

Help!
Thanks!
LLOYD S

#431327 - 09/26/17 03:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I have a similar issue that the video does not show the entire screen. Only about 3/4 screen, the first 20 bars. I have found that selecting the scroll ahead option does advance the hidden bars...

#431330 - 09/26/17 03:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Lloyd S]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Lloyd S

Mine opens in a default player called "Films & TV", and contains only audio,
but when I open it in any of 2 or 3 other players, the AVI file doesn't show the entire song, only a portion..

Can you try it with the converter from the above post
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/Free-AVI-to-MP4-Converter.shtml

or try https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm
when you install KLite it will give a right click "MediaInfo"

Attachments
MediaInfo.jpg

#431355 - 09/26/17 07:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Pipeline]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philippines
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

+1 and Big Lyrics/chord window.

+100 !
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#431359 - 09/26/17 08:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
I posted this black screen problem on the other thread. Definitely an issue in Windows 10.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=430957#Post430957

Edited by lambada (09/26/17 08:09 PM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface - built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#431404 - 09/27/17 10:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

Pipeline:

I don't mind trying some converters to get the AVI file down to MP4 size.
However, what I'm trying to establish is, does the BIAB "Save as Video" function, work as advertised, or does it need to be fixed, for those who want a video, but don't necessarily want to post it to Youtube.

If you and Charlie have both tried the non-youtube process and it works for both of you using my method above, then either I'm doing something wrong or there's a glitch in the BIAB program.

Thanks!
LLOYD S

#431417 - 09/27/17 12:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Lloyd S]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

No, sorry, I don't have Win10 anymore as I upgraded to Win7.

I would just try the converter to mp4 and see if you get the video first. The Mac versions saves straight to mp4.
If the uploaded avi won't show on Win10 but shows on youtube then it's just a codec issue.

#431422 - 09/27/17 12:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
No, sorry, I don't have Win10 anymore as I upgraded to Win7.

I did the same thing on my laptop after Windows 10 developed an unrecoverable blue screen (after having using it with Windows 10 for almost a year). I much later figured out what the problem was and know what to do now, but haven't gone back. That being said, my two desktop machines are on Windows 10.

I agree...if it works with YouTube, but not locally, then it is a Codec issue.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2017 Patch Update Available! (Build 8)

Attention RealBand 2017 users - the latest patch update (build 8) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 8:
Fixed: Empty MIDI SuperTracks and Best Soloist dialogs.
Fixed: After the end of a song, it would continue to play silence if Always On MME was enabled.
Fixed: CPU meter would say "PT" during bootup.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Patch Update 468 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows users - the latest patch update (468) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 468:
Fixed: Various popup dialogs (eg editing volume on mixer) might appear partially off screen.
Fixed: Setting "Audio Master (Base) Tempo" does not take effect until reloading the song.
Fixed: If importing audio while launching the Audio Chord Wizard, the wrong audio master tempo is set, causing the audio track to never be in sync with the style.
Fixed: Dragging to the WAV quadrant of the drop station would ignore the "Drag Master as separate tracks" setting.
Fixed: The [Edit Soloist] and [Edit Melody] buttons in the Event List Editor dialog did not work.
Fixed: Disabling "Draw interpolation" would cause random lines between sample points in the Audio Edit window.
Fixed: If a THRU harmony is selected, then Band-in-a-Box would freeze when soloing the Soloist or Thru tracks.
Fixed: Changing the color setting for "Window background" in the Audio Edit window had no effect.
Fixed: Hitting [Cancel] in the Audio Edit Settings dialog would cause a random zoom to occur.
Fixed: The [Sample] button in the Audio Edit window would zoom in to the far left of the screen, rather than to the cursor.
Fixed: If opening a song that was saved in the Mac version, a random character would be inserted at the beginning of these lead sheet fields: "Style", "Tempo", "Copyright", "Composer", and "Composer2".
Fixed: When exporting a video of the chord sheet, the the resulting video might be cropped.
Fixed: The drop station would take a few seconds to respond during the first attempt to drag and drop.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Tutorial VHS - #TBT

WOW - Look at what we came across! The Inside Band-in-a-Box Instructional Video Series for Band-in-a-Box Version 7!

Take a look...

These covered so many different topics... we needed 2 VHS tapes! From the basics of entering a song, chords, transposing, notation, recording a melody, etc. to advanced features like working with harmonies, secrets to the StyleMaker, drum patters, recording patterns and more, these videos were a hit!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

Forum Stats
26499 Members
50 Forums
47937 Topics
391335 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Tito Navarro, austin logan, Ricoherrera, jim graves, markmick

26499 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 186
VideoTrack 167