Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made your own video using this feature? Share it here!

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
This is a great feature, and I'd love to see it extended to notation.
I'm a sax player, and it would be great to be able to read transposed dots while the backing is playing. I posted this on the wishlist a while back.

Mike Laatz
Cape Town
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I have never quite understood what this feature is good for? Why would I upload a video like this to YouTube? The only thing I can think of is to use as a visual guide for playing along...kind of a musical karaoke for several players to follow along with. Is there some other benefit to this that I have not figured out?

Veteran
Veteran
J3, I think you answered your own question.

It can also be used for folks to concurrently see and hear what's going on in a song chord-progression-wise.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
The feature also allows you to upload a song to YouTube without having to personally create a video.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Mike Laatz
This is a great feature, and I'd love to see it extended to notation....

+1 and Big Lyrics/chord window.

There's a free avi to mp4 converter here to convert the very large avi to smaller mp4 video:

Biab Songs On iPad/Tablets

Expert
Expert
What a great feature. And what a wonderful job of explaining the applications,
not the least of which is the collaborative, especially the part about muting tracks for the instruments and distributing copies to the band members, and as a learning and teaching tool.
I have been using screen recordings of Baib for a few years, now, and have found them very useful in on-line instruction. This new Baib feature sends that application into the stratosphere, as, now, the interface can be posted and distributed like never before.
You might think I'd have something to add; but, no, you guys have it covered, and more. Great future for Baib, to augment its illustrious past!

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
I'm glad Callie brought this up.
I wanted to see if anyone else is having problems with it.

I'm running BIAB 2017 (467) on a Windows 10 Home machine.
The problem I'm having (and have had for the past couple of versions of BIAB)
is that if I just want to create a video, and not post it on Youtube,
it doesn't seem to co-operate.

Here's my test:

1. In a new instance of BIAB, go to File > Open and navigate to the bb folder
2. Scroll down the list past all the folders and open the first .mgu file !BYRDQRT
3. Change the number of choruses to 1, just so it isn't so long
4. Click the Save As icon and select the "Save as Video" choice
5. Leave all the boxes to their defaults and click OK - Render Video
6. When it has finished, click Show Video File, then double click the file

Mine opens in a default player called "Films & TV", and contains only audio,
but when I open it in any of 2 or 3 other players, the AVI file doesn't show the entire song, only a portion.

If anyone has time to see if they can replicate this, I'd appreciate it.
I chased it around last winter with the PG Support team, to the point that they even sent me a test file, which I still can't get to work.

Help!
Thanks!
LLOYD S

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I have a similar issue that the video does not show the entire screen. Only about 3/4 screen, the first 20 bars. I have found that selecting the scroll ahead option does advance the hidden bars...

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Lloyd S

Mine opens in a default player called "Films & TV", and contains only audio,
but when I open it in any of 2 or 3 other players, the AVI file doesn't show the entire song, only a portion..

Can you try it with the converter from the above post
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/Free-AVI-to-MP4-Converter.shtml

or try https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm
when you install KLite it will give a right click "MediaInfo"

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
MediaInfo.jpg (72.28 KB, 234 downloads)
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

+1 and Big Lyrics/chord window.

+100 !

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
L
Expert
Expert
L
I posted this black screen problem on the other thread. Definitely an issue in Windows 10.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=430957#Post430957

Last edited by lambada; 09/26/17 05:09 PM.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Pipeline:

I don't mind trying some converters to get the AVI file down to MP4 size.
However, what I'm trying to establish is, does the BIAB "Save as Video" function, work as advertised, or does it need to be fixed, for those who want a video, but don't necessarily want to post it to Youtube.

If you and Charlie have both tried the non-youtube process and it works for both of you using my method above, then either I'm doing something wrong or there's a glitch in the BIAB program.

Thanks!
LLOYD S

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
No, sorry, I don't have Win10 anymore as I upgraded to Win7.

I would just try the converter to mp4 and see if you get the video first. The Mac versions saves straight to mp4.
If the uploaded avi won't show on Win10 but shows on youtube then it's just a codec issue.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
No, sorry, I don't have Win10 anymore as I upgraded to Win7.

I did the same thing on my laptop after Windows 10 developed an unrecoverable blue screen (after having using it with Windows 10 for almost a year). I much later figured out what the problem was and know what to do now, but haven't gone back. That being said, my two desktop machines are on Windows 10.

I agree...if it works with YouTube, but not locally, then it is a Codec issue.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
I am hesitant to set up a YouTube account just to do a little testing.
I was hoping that someone running Win 10 would be able to try the non-youtube function to see if they get the same unusable results.

If it's a Codec issue, then it's a BIAB issue.
BIAB should include, and use, a working Codec when you click the "Show Video File" button, or at the very least, inform you that you don't have the correct Codec and offer to send you to the appropriate website to get it.

Thanks all !!
LLOYD S

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Try a media player with it's own built-in codes like SMPLAYER

L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Pipeline:

That just may work, but it doesn't address the underlying problem.

Thanks!
LLOYD S

Expert
Expert
HI

The normal windows Media Player works for me on windows 7

However it wont play if BIAB is still using the file you need to exit the song in Biab, or close the program having made a note of where BI|AB saves the video file.

Almost any free media player will play these files including VLC it is a fairly common codec most media players will play by default as one of the possible AVI codec types.

Mke

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Mike:

I tried your tip of closing BIAB before playing the .AVI file and that works in both Windows Media Player and VLC
HOWEVER
it only DISPLAYS the first couple of lines (8 bars), then the sound continues but the graphic is just a black background.
All this is, again, using Win 10.

I'll try Charlie's idea of using "scroll ahead" and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!
LLOYD S

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195