Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#431001 - 09/24/17 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Robertkc]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Great sounds!

Great song!

awesome guitar Scott

experimental to me usually means not very catchy or entertaining

but this is both

interesting lyrics and melody

enjoyed the heck out of it guys, so original

Kenny

#431038 - 09/24/17 03:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert & Scott...

This is a cool musical experience! Well done from every angle.

Excellent vocals (a little echo/delay would be cool one it).
Excellent guitar work (some of your best, Scott). Cool.
What a BAND!
The choir is terrific.

The mix is excellent.

Y'all deserve a big WOW! on this...

fj

Floyd,
Thank you for that... for myself I wasn`t sure it would sound like anything `til Scott sent his guitar recordings. I agree its up there with his best!
I enjoyed making the "choir" ( 4 tracks looped and then run through the harmoniser,so 8 in all).
Thanks for the suggestion on the vocals- I`ll have a listen with some delay and see if it fits.
Mix was a big challenge mostly because my sorry laptop can`t handle that many tracks without complaining - the folk songs are a breeze in comparison.

Robert

#431049 - 09/24/17 04:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Robertkc]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Robert,

You've outdone yourself with this! As I listened, I kept on thinking "This is a cinematic experience!" You've really pulled out all stops here.

Scott, your guitar work shines brilliantly! It's a perfect fit with Robert's musical extravaganza.

I cannot imagine how much effort has gone into getting this production together! It's incredible.

All the best,
Noel

#431111 - 09/25/17 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: RnAM]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Peter, Sergio and Rob thanks so much for the awesome comments. Was so glad to be invited to play on this song. When Robert sent it to me and I heard all the work he had done on the back track vocals and harmonies I was blown away. So very glad you liked it

#431175 - 09/25/17 03:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: David Snyder]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: furry
WOW, the music itself would be a fabulous soundtrack for a mystery movie.
Different to what I normally listen to, but it caught my attention right away.
Well done guys

Graham,
Thanks for taking a side trip with us way from your regular fare... funny, I got the idea from a spy novel.

Robert

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Robert and Scott,

Big kudos for originality and great production! I had no clue what to expect from the title ... it caught my attention. Big sound and a great listen. Fabulous guitar work and the total sound is great! What a great listen! SOunds almost dystopian!!!

Hats off to both of you.

ALan

Alan,
Prog. rock bands often came up with the strangest ( most pretentious!) song titles, so I figured mine would be in good company.
Glad you like the big sound; thanks for your positive comments.

Robert

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is awesome Robert and Scott.

Great sound track work. I hope you have a sync licensing dealer.

If not get one!!

smile

David,
Thank you!
I did sign up on songtradr if that`s the kind of thing you mean... "dealer" kind of scares me.

Robert

#431179 - 09/25/17 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Janice & Bud]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Folks have mentioned experimental. And we've been reading y'all's responses to other posts where you mention the thought process that went into putting this together...so we would call it a "thoughtful experiment" and one that worked extremely well. As David alluded to this would be good tune for sync licensing and it would fit several of the requests for music that I've seen on Sontradr.

The vocals and guitar are simply outstanding.

Previous posts have hit all the highlights already so we'll just say that you and scott jumped off a cliff and landed in a good place!

J&B

J&B,
I`m glad you enjoyed our cliff jumping!
As said, I`ve signed up on songtradr and as long as the hoops you have to jump through there don`t lessen music making fun, who knows?

Robert

Edited by Robertkc (09/25/17 03:42 PM)

#431190 - 09/25/17 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: RnAM]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wow guys,

Let me sum it up:

1. This is so original and creative!
2. Does not sound like band in a box at all
3. Such an atmosphere created here
4. Beautiful and very functional guitar work from Scott
5. And then there's that gloomy voice ;-) perfect for this song.
6. I detect several influences here: Fleetwood Mac, REM, Tom Petty, all favorites of mine!

This is just super!

Rob

I agree completely and I couldn't have said it any better.

This is just an outstanding collaboration.

This is a keeper for sure.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#431281 - 09/26/17 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Noel96]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Great sounds!

Great song!

awesome guitar Scott

experimental to me usually means not very catchy or entertaining

but this is both

interesting lyrics and melody

enjoyed the heck out of it guys, so original

Kenny

Kenny,
That`s appreciated - glad you found our efforts entertaining.

Robert

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Robert,

You've outdone yourself with this! As I listened, I kept on thinking "This is a cinematic experience!" You've really pulled out all stops here.

Scott, your guitar work shines brilliantly! It's a perfect fit with Robert's musical extravaganza.

I cannot imagine how much effort has gone into getting this production together! It's incredible.

All the best,
Noel

Noel,

Yes, lots of work putting this together- thank you for your appreciation.
You mentioned "cinematic" ; my writing does seem to work that way...images I try to put into words.
btw, Scott`s guitar on the repeated theme is double tracked, with the wah playing under the non-wah recording.

Robert

#431443 - 09/27/17 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: floyd jane]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Floyd, Graham, Alan and David Thanks so much for checking out the song. Was allot of fun and challenging. Really enjoy working with Robert He certainly has been blessed with a creative spirit

#431568 - 09/28/17 05:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Robertkc]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Takes me back in such a good way!! Love the psychedelic, edgy feel. Vocals are wonderful and Scott plays some wonderful guitar. A great production guys!! Take care. Greg

#431661 - 09/29/17 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: MarioD]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Mario,
Thank you for your positive comments!

Robert

#431663 - 09/29/17 11:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Greg Johnson]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Takes me back in such a good way!! Love the psychedelic, edgy feel. Vocals are wonderful and Scott plays some wonderful guitar. A great production guys!! Take care. Greg

Thank you, Greg.
I had no plans to start revisiting the psychedelic era when BiaB reinvigorated music making for me... so credit to the program for giving ideas a way out of my head and especially to Scott for giving them wings.

Robert

#431678 - 09/29/17 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Robertkc]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow, great work on this! I liked the operatic sort of vocals throughout the tune. The arrangement is on point, and in general this is just a strong piece of songwriting.

Thanks so much for sharing smile

#431819 - 09/30/17 07:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Robertkc]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Torrey, Janice and Bud, Kenny and Noel thanks for the awesome comments. Was a fun project with Robert..

#431911 - 10/01/17 11:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Myrmidons of Fanatica with guitar by ScottC [Re: Robertkc]
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Robert

Amazing production!
Very unique chord progression and melody!
Scott's guitar tone is also very unique.
The frightening atmosphere is well expressed.
You have a special ability to make music of your own.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 21st

We're celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 21st. Our hours for the long weekend will be:

Customer Service:
Saturday, May 19: 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Sunday, May 20: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
Monday, May 21: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST

Technical Support:
Closed (will re-open Tues, May 22 at 10am PST)

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned and is now built into Band-in-a-Box®. Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app and not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit window.

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Everything You Need to Know in Under 5 Minutes!

Want to quickly see the new features included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac in action?

Check out this video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® ! Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes*: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=XSSQpijRyxk

*The video includes an extra 2 minutes for the 49-PAK! The first 5 minutes show you all of the great new features and content available with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, and it's followed by additional video showing off the 2018 49-PAK for Mac.

Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until May 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 was initially released with our Windows version of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, and with the release of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we're having a sale!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

We've put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until May 31st! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 45 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is here, and there's more than 80 new features! We've answered some user requests with this release, including:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I use the feature to make a video of the chord sheet from a Band-in-a-Box song. I use it to make backing tracks and upload them to YouTube. But these don't include any notation for the melody and lyrics of my songs. My viewers would like to see the melody and lyrics too. Is there a way you can include the melody in the video? I've tried recording this with screen capture programs, but it's time consuming, recording in real time, and the audio quality and sync are not that good.

A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box 2018 can do this now. You can save your song as a video of the notation track. So that includes the notation, guitar tab, and lyrics. And saving the whole video and audio just takes a few seconds, much faster than real time recording. Just load in your song with chords, melody, lyrics, and/or guitar tab, and press Save-As Notation Video. Your song will be up on YouTube in no time!

Q. I am songwriter and uses Band-in-a-Box to make backing tracks for my productions. I'm starting to make videos and upload them to YouTube. Can Band-in-a-Box help with my production videos?

A. Band-in-a-Box 2018 can now make videos with Video RealTracks, of the musicians performing the RealTracks. And they are playing along to your song's chord progression. You can include these videos in your own song performance, which adds a nice visual element.

Q. I use the Audio Harmonies in Band-in-a-Box. But I find the harmonies simplistic, in that they are mainly using chord tones. The Band-in-a-Box MIDI harmonies are more sophisticated, using passing tones. Why can't my Audio Harmonies work like that?

A. We've added support for new types of Audio Harmonies in the Audio Edit Window. These do allow you to choose any Band-in-a-Box MIDI harmony that has passing tones or sophisticated jazz voicings (adding 4 parts to make a 5-part jazz voicing for example). Band-in-a-Box automatically figures out the MIDI version of your melody so it uses this to create the harmonies.

Q. The new toolbar is nice, but needs more color options. Too much grey! How about skins?

A. We've added support for skins, and you can choose color or grey scale options for toolbar, mixer etc.

And more!!!

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is Here - Up to 40% off Upgrades!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac with over 50 new features, 202 New RealTracks, 40 NEW Video RealTracks, 32 new MIDI SuperTracks, 108 new Instrumental Studies, 8 new Artist Performances, 52 new loops, and 40 AmpliTube presets with 37 associated styles!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Upgrade purchases until May 31, 2018 - save up to 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Upgrade!

This year we are celebrating 30 YEARS of Band-in-a-Box®! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2018.htm

If you check out http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm, you'll see the new 2018 package options available. To summarize:

Band-in-a-Box® Pro $129
Upgrade from Version 2017: $59 (reg: $69)
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $69 (reg: $79)
Special 2018 Program Update from 2017: $49 **Requires Version 2017. Includes version 2018 program updates only. (No other Add-ons or Bonus PAK)

Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK $269
Upgrade from Version 2017: $89 (reg: $149)
Upgrade from Version 2016: $99 (reg: $159)

Band-in-a-Box® PlusPAK
Upgrade from Version 2017: $99 (reg: $129)
(The PlusPAK is designed to upgrade 2017 UltraPlusPAK & EverythingPAK users who are downloading their upgrade or do not want to purchase a new hard drive)

NEW! Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK Formerly the UltraPlusPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2017: $149 (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $169 (reg: $299)

Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition $669
Upgrade from Version 2017 Audiophile: $199 - limited time offer!
Upgrade from 2017: $479
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $499
Upgrade from any previous Audiophile: $299

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Forum Stats
27506 Members
50 Forums
51775 Topics
427784 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
BOSS RV-3 DD/R, bcprods, vicp, l0nnie450, Jdashiell

27506 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 420
zedd 190