G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Hi,

I have 2 issues I need help with.

#1)
One issue is a MESSAGE I keep getting when I play a song (in BIAB) that I'm working on.

I open a song, click play, and the song will play (fine) with sound.
But, if I edit something, or I go to change a style, and then try to play the song, either the song will play WITHOUT sound, or I get this message:

“MESSAGE: Couldn't open wave device. The likely cause is another program is using the audio playback, or has left drivers open.”

#2)
The other issue is, if I open a song and have it playing, I can click the stop icon (the song will stop as it should). I then go to style picker and play a style using the “Play using current Chordsheet for song”.

The Chordsheet will appear and the song will play with that chosen style, but is there a way to stop that style play in the song without going through the whole song? The stop button doesn't do it. In fact, NONE of the icons on the chordsheet respond at this point.

BIAB is awesome that it does so much, but I'm just trying to use the basics. Help is always appreciated!

Thanks,

John Stone
Canby, Oregon
Windows 7
BIAB 2017 PRO

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum!

Regards question #1. The message indicates BiaB is not able to output audio. Use Ctrl + 5 to open Preferences ... then select the Audio button and Audio Settings. Change the setting either from MME to ASIO or ASIO to MME. For playback either setting works well. For audio recording ASIO normerally is better.

Question #2. Stylepicker has two playback options. Playback option 1 lets the selected style playback the chord sheet. This option only regenerates and plays back the first four bars when the "4 bar preview" checkbox is selected.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Audio Setting.jpg (197.82 KB, 137 downloads)
Stylepicker.jpg (218.67 KB, 137 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I went to preferences to change the MME to ASIO but it said I don't have any ASIO drivers installed. How do I go about getting that?

I have over 100 songs that need backing tracks and I hope I can learn enough to get started ASAP.

When the Beatles arrived on the Ed Sullivan show, they used the Rickenbacker 325 (John) and Gretsch Country Gentleman (George) guitars; and the Hofner Beatle Bass (Paul). I have all 3 of these models, but I play them about as good as I currently know BIAB. LOL. That's why I appreciate the forum's help.

BTW, my preferences opened with Ctrl + E (not +5) Maybe mine's different on 2017 PRO.

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Veteran
Veteran
No. Ctrl + E is correct. My directions were incorrect. blush My brain said Ctrl + E but my fingers typed Ctrl + 5. I think there was a short circuit someplace. crazy I apologize for not noticing the error.

So the program is set to MME and it doesn't like letting you switch to ASIO. Do you have any other choices to choose from?

Do you have multiple programs open when this happens? You may need to look at Task Manager to determine if any other activity like a media player, browser page or YouTube video trying to use the audio engine.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Jim,

I only have MME showing on my computer. I will get ASIO drivers somewhere and then see what that does.

As far as Task Manager goes, that is what I use to get out of the BiaB program when none of the icons respond to a song where I had chosen different (than original) styles. Maybe it's acting as multiple programs open but the Task Manager only showed one. Maybe I'm not changing styles correctly.

I hate being tech challenged. LOL

Thanks,

John

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t look for ASIO drivers. They are supplied with an audio interface and are vendor-specific. If you don’t have an ASIO driver, your equipment doesn’t support it. We need to know what you do have.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Hi Matt,

[In BiaB]
My ASUS laptop shows MME and ASIO for "Audio Driver Type". MME must be the default, but when I click on the ASIO it says ASIO driver not installed.

The "Audio Input Driver" shows Microsoft Sound Mapper and Microphone (Realtek High Definition)

The "Audio Output Driver" shows Microsoft Sound Mapper and Speakers (Realtek High Definition)
The box is unchecked that says "Output always on".

I don't know if this helps your analysis, but my laptop has Audacity which shows under "Devices" [Interface] - MME, Windows Direct Sound, and Windows WASPI.

Question: since the laptop does show ASIO under "Audio Driver Type", does this mean it would accept an ASIO driver?

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Veteran
Veteran
John,

Can you please do the following.

1. Go to "Options | Preferences" (#1 on the included image).

2. Click on the button "MIDI Driver (#2).

3. Press "Print Screen" on your computer keyboard. This take a screenshot of your computer's desktop with the settings open. The screenshot will be placed on the clipboard.

4. Open Microsoft "Paint".

5. Press CTRL+V to paste the image from the clipboard into Paint.

6. Save the image in Paint as a jpg file.

7. Now go to the link below and follow the instructions on how to include this saved image in a post here on the forums. When we can see your setup it will help a great deal.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386690#Post386690

The image that I've included with this post is similar to what we need to see from you. You may have more of the chord sheet visible.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
MIDI-AUDIO Driver Image.jpg (329.04 KB, 104 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Noel,

Thank you for your reply. I did as you requested and I have the screen shot saved on my desktop. But when I try to submit it to the forum post, it says required field not completed. I don't know what is missing.

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Veteran
Veteran
John,

I'm not sure what that means but a couple of possibilities spring to mind...

Does your file have the .jpg at the ending?

When you use File Manager (as described in the linked post) to browse to the image file and select it, do you click on (a) "Add File" after selecting and then (b) "Done Adding Files" when complete?

The image I attached to the previous post above used the process that I described.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Noel,

I did it exactly as you stated (again). I browsed to get the file. I clicked on "add file" (it shows the file name) then clicked on "Done" and I get the forum message 'All of the required fields are not filled in.'

Is the file supposed to be seen in the POST graph where text is usually typed? Because nothing appeared there.

The file is a JPEG but I didn't see the ".jpg" ending.

Can I PM or email the image to you? It's 335KB.

Thanks,

John

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Veteran
Veteran
GT40John,
It could be that you haven't added any text to your post.
As well as adding the attachment, I think you need to at least enter some basic text in the actual post.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Example text: Here is the file:

2017-10-01_03-33-17.jpg (110.5 KB, 84 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
If you need ASIO you can install ASIO4ALL http://www.asio4all.de/
or VoiceMeeter Banana https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
just uncheck ASIO Always On in the Drivers Settings so Windows Media Player can play the demo styles and Realtracks/Drums.

G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Here is the file:

BiaB screenshot.jpg (335.13 KB, 79 downloads)

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Finally. YAY!
I think learning BiaB would be easier if one of the BiaB Forum Veterans would move next door! smile

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Veteran
Veteran
Can you click on Audio Settings (lower right) and report that?

I see you have DXi checked, and Coyote WT selected for MIDI. Did you actually install the Coyote WT program?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
Matt,

I don't even know what the Coyote WT program is. I installed the 3 discs for 2017 PRO and that's all I did.

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
G
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
G
To all,

I downloaded the ASIO driver and it's on the laptop ready for the next time I work on BiaB. I'll let you know if it works for getting rid of that message "Couldn't open wave device."

Big thanks to all on this forum. Your help and enthusiasm is quite wonderful.

Windows 7
BiaB 2018 Ultra PAK
Xtra PAK 3
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Example text: Here is the file:

Well picked up Trevor! That completely eluded me.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,475
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195