Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
tommyad #427294 08/23/17 10:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Two bars in and you know it's another great TA mix. A few more and you know it's another great TA write.

A few more and you know the "we've come to expect" fine TA guitar playing is there.

Kick back until the long cool outro and you know it's yet again the whole package...vocals, playing, RT choice, arrangement and write.

Interestingly Janice mentioned she got a slight Byrds vibe. Upon reflection I heard it too...perhaps the guitar.

I'm a fan of the "two verses, a chorus and I'm outa here" songs. Sometimes that is all it takes and it certainly works for this one. Also the whole concept is just cool. Airports, tarmacs, nameless cities.

Nice Tom.

J&B

Scott C #427471 08/25/17 01:01 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hey Tom, I love this! The 80s ballad is one of my favorite genres, and you nailed it!

I don't know whether you intended this as a story of one fictitious person or as a metaphor for many, I think it works either way.

Lyrics, mix and guitar work are all to my liking, so keep on doing whatever it is that you're doing!
Pat, The song was about a real person and also meant as a metaphor. Thanks for the nice review. Tom
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool tune. This one is to me is sitting more on the rock side. Love this song. Guitars were so cool. Excellent vocal and lyric Tom. This is one of my favorites of yours Well done....
Scott, Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it. Tom

tommyad #427501 08/25/17 04:37 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
As others have pointed out - the mixing/mastering job on this is unreal! It sounds super professional, and I wouldn't flinch if I heard this beside all the top produced songs on the radio. That aside, it's a wonderful tune as well smile The perfect level of catchyness, and your guitar work and singing on this are superb.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Tommy !

I love this tune!:))

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani. I am glad you came by, Tom
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice work.

I was really impressed with the guitar work and most especially the tone and fat sound in the chorus.

I may have asked you before but could you indulge me and tell what your guitar signal chain is? I'm curious about the fat crunchy but smooth chorus parts. Is that a single take or doubled or more?

Yeah... another one over the center field fence.
Hey Herb, First of all thanks for the nice comments. The guitars whether they are loops, real tracks, or direct live are all run through the Scuffam Amps S-Gear simulator. It is basically two amps one clean and the other dirty to get that fat crunchy tone. The best thing about this plug-in is the responsiveness to pick attack. The harder you dig in the more it distorts just like a real overdriven amp. It is by far the best guitar plug-in I have used. Hope this helps. Tom

tommyad #427628 08/26/17 03:04 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
A great song and production. You are so consistent in quality and a master at getting all the details just right. This is another standout for me.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
tommyad #427632 08/26/17 03:30 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Tom,

Excellent work! I love the vocal, guitar sounds including your guitar play, bouncy rhythm, and everything. I enjoyed the song very much.

Hiroshi

tommyad #427662 08/26/17 06:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom,

Great energy throughout. Terrific guitars from every direction - crisp and thick at the same time. Nice. Tasty riffs. Catchy. Love that opening.

Excellent production and mix. Powerful vocals. A punchy package.

One of those writes that leaves you thinking and filling in your details.

Enjoyed.

fj

tommyad #427685 08/26/17 10:03 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A really good song Tommy.
Like Patt said.. the sound of the 80s!
The guitar playing on this one is particularly excellent!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

tommyad #427731 08/26/17 02:31 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom, to me this this sounds like hit material! The guitars sound so good and that pre-chorus really grabs you! Sounds excellent as usual for you! Thanks, Torrey

gruverider #427899 08/28/17 02:03 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Tom

Very catchy and energy!
Continuing beats of the rim shot behind the guitar at the intro are very effective.
Excellent vocals as usual.
Superior in all respects.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Thank You Shigeki. I appreciate it. Tom
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Some much done with two verses and a chorus!!!

The riffs you wrote (intro and pre-chorus) elevate this song far above the norm.

Outstanding song, vocals, and engineering!
Glad you liked it Lawrence. Tom

tommyad #427909 08/28/17 04:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tommy,

Tight- in the pocket. Enjoyed my listen.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Two bars in and you know it's another great TA mix. A few more and you know it's another great TA write.

A few more and you know the "we've come to expect" fine TA guitar playing is there.

Kick back until the long cool outro and you know it's yet again the whole package...vocals, playing, RT choice, arrangement and write.

Interestingly Janice mentioned she got a slight Byrds vibe. Upon reflection I heard it too...perhaps the guitar.

I'm a fan of the "two verses, a chorus and I'm outa here" songs. Sometimes that is all it takes and it certainly works for this one. Also the whole concept is just cool. Airports, tarmacs, nameless cities.

Nice Tom.

J&B

Thank you both for the wonderful review. Your support means a lot to me. Tom
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
As others have pointed out - the mixing/mastering job on this is unreal! It sounds super professional, and I wouldn't flinch if I heard this beside all the top produced songs on the radio. That aside, it's a wonderful tune as well smile The perfect level of catchyness, and your guitar work and singing on this are superb.

Thanks so much for sharing!
So glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Tom

HiroshiK #428175 08/30/17 01:54 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A great song and production. You are so consistent in quality and a master at getting all the details just right. This is another standout for me.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie. Your comments are always greatly appreciated. Tom
Originally Posted By: HiroshiK
Tom,

Excellent work! I love the vocal, guitar sounds including your guitar play, bouncy rhythm, and everything. I enjoyed the song very much.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi, Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Great energy throughout. Terrific guitars from every direction - crisp and thick at the same time. Nice. Tasty riffs. Catchy. Love that opening.

Excellent production and mix. Powerful vocals. A punchy package.

One of those writes that leaves you thinking and filling in your details.

Enjoyed.

fj

Thanks for coming by for a listen. I always appreciate your comments. Tom
Originally Posted By: RnAM
A really good song Tommy.
Like Patt said.. the sound of the 80s!
The guitar playing on this one is particularly excellent!

Rob and Anne-Marie
RnAM, glad you liked it. Tom
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Tom, to me this this sounds like hit material! The guitars sound so good and that pre-chorus really grabs you! Sounds excellent as usual for you! Thanks, Torrey
Thanks Torrey. Always good to hear from you. Tom

90 dB #428384 09/01/17 02:28 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Tommy,

Tight- in the pocket. Enjoyed my listen.

Regards,

Bob
Glad you liked it, Tom

tommyad #432360 10/05/17 03:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom,

Just as I anticipated, this is great writing, great singing, outstanding arranging and all sewn together with a mix that resonates in the rafters.... I know I've said this many times, but "first class" always springs to mind when I hear you work - it did again tonight.

I hope that all is coming back together for you and your family after the hurricane. I read in Off Topic how you were in about the worst place possible.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
tommyad #432407 10/05/17 09:59 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Very nice and great rockin'
Only great songs from you.

Sergio

Sergio
tommyad #432446 10/05/17 12:30 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
WOW!! What a listen Tom!! You are the master guitar groove maker-draws me in within seconds. Great energy, and great vocal on a tricky melody. The theme reminds me of the film Up in The Air with George Clooney. Just some great music and such sweet solo guitar in the outro. Love it!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195