You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#432751 - 10/08/17 07:42 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] 2 CHORD BAR BUG
FRANCK Offline
Enthusiast

Hi

I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.
For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, theRCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat.

Has anyone experienced this flaw ?

I'm running BIAB2017 ,WIN 7 64BITS

Thanks !

#432779 - 10/08/17 10:51 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: FRANCK
I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, the RCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat.

This is not something that I've come across. I'll have a play with the style and see if I can get some unusual behaviour.

In the meantime, do you accidentally have any periods after the chord. For example A. or either A.. or A... where the dots tell BIAB to play rest, shot and hold respectively.

Also, are any of the tracks frozen? If so, unfreeze and regenerate the song. That might help.

Regards,
Noel

#432781 - 10/08/17 11:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: Noel96]
FRANCK Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Noel

No rest,or push,just straight chords are typed in. Nothing frozen.

Actually, it's not the first time I notice this trouble, it also happens with some other real tracks such as RT2778: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TrainBeatMike12-key.

Franck

#433008 - 10/10/17 02:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Have you tried turning off fast song generation. Perhaps your computer isn't powerful enough.

By default, BIAB uses fast generation where it starts generating the song, then starts playback before the generation can finish (and just continues the song generation in the background while the song is playing). Some computers can't keep up with this, so there is an option to turn off fast song generation. I can't remember where on the preferences screen it is, so perhaps someone else could jump im.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#433278 - 10/13/17 11:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: jford]
FRANCK Offline
Enthusiast

This option is actually in song settings John. But it didn't help anyway. But guess what, I just found out this flaw only happens on certain progressions...
D G D G won't play right while C F C F will work just fine...

my PC is WIn 7 64 bits

I5-3450S CPU@2.80GHZ
6GO RAM

#433285 - 10/13/17 12:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
Kent - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Franck,

I'm hearing the pauses too, and will make sure this gets reported right away.

Thanks for letting us know!

Kent
PG Music

#433714 - 10/16/17 09:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
FRANCK Offline
Enthusiast

Good news I'm not deaf !!

Thanks for your help Kent !

#448613 - 01/02/18 09:24 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
FRANCK Offline
Enthusiast

Hi

I'm back with this issue, I was hoping BIAB2018 would have solve the problem,but anyway.
Is there a chance this bug will be fixed soon ?

Franck

#448626 - 01/02/18 10:53 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
Hi

I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.
For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, theRCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat.

Yes, problem confirmed here.

#448635 - 01/02/18 11:18 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: Cerio]
Bob Calver Offline
Journeyman

Loc: UK
I've found that too - but it doesn't always happen so i found a 'take' where it didn't and froze that. Thought there might be something wrong but I'm reassured that what I heard and thought was wrong is actually a bug not me imagining things

#448952 - 01/04/18 12:18 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

Hi - I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.
For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, theRCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat. Has anyone experienced this flaw ? I'm running BIAB2017 ,WIN 7 64BITS, Thanks !
Well, with BIAB 2016, 2017 and now 2018 i've been complaining about this for quite a while. It happens with various styles, and when encountered, i usually report the bug with details, and attached frozen SGU, MGU etc., to PG support. As such i hope they do something about it with coming RT updated files.

When i want to use a such a misbehaving RT i import it into a proper sequencer, in my case Cubase, and edit the missing audio in from other places when possible. Some times i make a special file for the erroneous track with all the missing chords i need even, at times you'll find a piece of audio that does the job.

A good test is to load the 'misbehaving' Biab file into Realband; you'll immediately see where the faults are visualized: see pic. Here highlighted (red) is a new RT 2126 Bass, a great one BTW, but alas with too many faults to make it usable; errors with some 2/4 bars, but also it misses some whole 4/4 bars, besides 2/4 and 1/4 chord changes within in a 4/4 bar ... - F

Attachments
RT errors inj BIAB-Realband.jpg

#448959 - 01/04/18 02:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
WendyM Offline
Apprentice

Loc: UK
Dont hold your breath,Fiddler.Yes if you look at the wav of a track in RB or any DAw you soon see whats up.
My example.RT1278 is a synth that isnt usable cos its "wheezy" and jumpy.Been like that since i got BB in 2017.In my DAW I can eadily see that there are blank 'lead ins' in some of the bars which makes the chord when it plays,late,and so it sounds really jerky.If i can spot this as a beginner,how come it got released in that state?
Wendy

Edited by WendyM (01/04/18 02:04 AM)

#448979 - 01/04/18 04:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: WendyM]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: WendyM
..... If i can spot this as a beginner,how come it got released in that state? Wendy
Well, you must be, like my wife, some Lady a salesperson should be wary off, LoL. Hit 'em with your Rhythm Stick, send in the complaints .... PS An unnamed PG webmaster was bragging about some 49 fixed requests .... Well, we (shh, between us) got maybe a 149 more.
linky link: 49 requests full filled
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Dont hold your breath,Fiddler.Yes if you look at the wav of a track in RB or any DAw you soon see whats up.
My example.RT1278 is a synth that isnt usable cos its "wheezy" and jumpy.Been like that since i got BB in 2017.In my DAW I can eadily see that there are blank 'lead ins' in some of the bars which makes the chord when it plays,late,and so it sounds really jerky ..... Wendy
About the missing pieces in a RT rendering job: Just got a mail from Andrew. Got .St2 and .Xt2 files missing from my "soloists" folder causing the missing out on bars of the 2126 RT mentioned above: he's right. Have to check this further though ... This as in the realtracks selection page there must be something wrong; running "rebuild and fix" doesn't show the missing .St2 and Xt2 files, "nothing to do". Maybe this function does not work right in v508; i reported it with Andrew.

Update: The slow rendering with my installation of Biab 2018 v508 vs 470 (2017) has been fixed by copying all the .St2 and .Xt2 files i could find from older BIAB installations, in to the "soloists" folder of BIAB 2018. -F

#463812 - 03/23/18 05:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG [Re: FRANCK]
FRANCK Offline
Enthusiast

Well,I was hoping last updates would fix this problem, but nothing has been done...
It's very sad, and some RT are just useless.
Please fix it, it's broke !!!!

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27988 Members
57 Forums
53991 Topics
445992 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace, barrywear, Steve Taylor

27987 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 174