You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#433588 - 10/15/17 12:20 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email?
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Here's another one since we're talking about business on the web, I have some clients who will take a pic of something like a W2 with their phone and email it to me. We use Outlook in the office. BUT, it's embedded in the body of the email, not as an attachment. Is there any way to isolate that so I can print it? I try to right click it and everything is greyed out especially the Copy function. Sometimes with stuff like that in an email I can copy it to the desktop then open it using the MS picture viewer and then print it but these embedded ones I can't figure out a way to do anything with those. If I simply print the email itself that pic prints at the original resolution of the guy's cell phone which is huge. All I get is a grossly blown up part of a corner.

Bob

#433654 - 10/15/17 09:00 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email? [Re: jazzmammal]
Larry Kehl Online   content
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
Since I use Outlook 2010 (on both MS exchange and POP3 servers) at home and we use Outlook (various versions and mainly on MS exchange server but Office 365 "web" crap - it depends on which internal accounts I/we are using and for which topics and customers - that excludes our air gapped network(s) obviously).

I can and DO get pics this way and I CAN right click and "copy & paste" to other apps (Word, pic editor, etc.)

This is going to be a setting in Outlook under (which version by the way?) Options (trust center, then sub-menus like security settings), and other settings of Outlook as well as your user privileges (administrator account/privileges or are you set at the lowest fire-walled off child-proofed user that has UAC set to allow nothing but watching a screen saver- LOL)

Sorry Bob best I have - I suspect you have googled this, e.g.,

https://www.google.com/search?q=show+picture+placeholders+in+outlook&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

and similar?

Hard to narrow down beyond that.

Good Luck
Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#433657 - 10/15/17 10:01 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email? [Re: jazzmammal]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Outlook 2010. The pics display fine the problem is I can't do anything with them. Sometimes doing a printscreen into Word will work but it depends on how dense the writing is. I have to crop everything surrounding the pic then expand it.

I'll call our IT guy tomorrow. Thanks,

Bob

#433709 - 10/16/17 08:46 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email? [Re: jazzmammal]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Usually in the body of the email you can right click the image and choose, "Save as Picture". You can then store it locally to the file type you want, .jpg, .png, .bmp, etc.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#434349 - 10/20/17 08:14 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email? [Re: jazzmammal]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

This is exactly what wasn't working. I would "save as picture" but then I would go to the directory I saved it in and double click on one and nothing happened, it's like I had a title but no data.

Yesterday I went to that same directory because some of those pics are still there and tried it again. NOW they open the Windows picture and fax viewer and they print fine. What happened? No idea so I called our IT guy and all he could think of is they do updates all the time so maybe it got fixed by that. Btw, we're on a Win7 enterprise server at the office.

This stuff WILL drive you crazy...

Bob

#434354 - 10/20/17 08:39 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email? [Re: jazzmammal]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I don't use Outlook, so I can't test anything directly. You could try using the Windows Snipping Tool and just grab the image that way - with the Snipping Tool you can also save the image.

#434540 - 10/21/17 04:19 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email? [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Attachments
outlook_save_images.jpg

#434678 - 10/22/17 12:20 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Anybody know how to print an embedded pic using Outlook email? [Re: jazzmammal]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

This is great and it raises a question for you Pipeline.

HOW is the heck to you know all this stuff anyway?

Bob

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27716 Members
50 Forums
52592 Topics
435893 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz, dreamoutlaw

27715 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 155
Noel96 153