You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#436226 - 11/01/17 04:16 PM [User Showcase] My Needs Are Simple
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia

My Needs Are Simple

One Of Leon's more serious lyrics about the survivors of war.

Leon sang & wrote the lyrics
I played acoustic and electric guitar solos.

The Band:
RealTracks in style: ~712:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 085 (A:simple)
RealTracks in song: 1600:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16ths Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: ~364:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~368:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 808:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladDirty Ev 065 (B:quarters)
RealDrums in Song: PopRock8ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare

My needs are simple

My needs are simple
My wants are few
I like it when it’s raining
Or when the sky is blue
All I want is food to eat
And a blanket for my bed
I like to walk across the street
Without a gun aimed at my head

I lost my wife and children
The night the missiles came
I don’t know why it happened
I don’t know who to blame

My needs are simple
A way to close my eyes
To sleep and never dream again
About the night they died
My needs are simple
My wants are few
Only want to turn back time
And make the world anew

Purify the rivers
And make the desserts bloom
Hear my family laugh again
In our cosy little room

My needs are simple
My wants are few
I like it when it’s raining
Or when the sky is blue
All I want is food to eat
And a blanket for my bed

#436277 - 11/02/17 04:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
You had me hooked right from the melodic guitar part at the beginning and things just built from there.

Good song guys! Nice write and vocal. Love the arrangement too, the way you bring in the heavy drums at 2:30, then the breakdown at 2:34.

Tasteful guitar work throughout, with a smoking hot solo to end off the song.

Yeah! Loved it.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#436280 - 11/02/17 05:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Great track. I also loved the big drum sound and the guitar solo. Great recording.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#436286 - 11/02/17 07:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! It sounds very professional - from the mix, to the delivery, to the lyrics. It vividly tells in detail of some grizzly stuff, while remaining catchy and pleasant to the ear. I honestly can't think of anything that could make this better.

Fantastic job here - thanks so much for sharing smile

#436293 - 11/02/17 08:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What an awesome intro Peter. Super vocal and lyric. Your guitar was excellent. Tone was so rich and clear. Well done.

#436300 - 11/02/17 08:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
What a beautiful and heartbreaking song! Knowing that the song is about survivors of war makes the song even more impactful, and gives it a deeper level of meaning. I think that, to those who do not know much about the struggles vets go through, that it is quite an eye-opening song.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful song.

#436311 - 11/02/17 09:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Great storytelling

very nice write

like the straightforward melody

the booming drums have a cool effect on the song

the solo at the end is awesome,

enjoyed

Kenny

#436317 - 11/02/17 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Love this song. Very thought provoking lyrics

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#436323 - 11/02/17 02:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Beautiful song.
great mixing, playing and vocal.

One of your best.

Sergio

Sergio

#436347 - 11/02/17 04:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Peter & Leon,

This is great song with a fantastic arrangement. The introduction of the big drums came in at the perfect time and the guitar outro was splendid. Totally enjoyable listen! Congrats on a job very well done.

ALan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#436349 - 11/02/17 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Peter & Leon,
The lyrics pack a punch in an understated way and Leon`s vocal matches that feeling.
The production is great - such a cool build when the drums come in.
I was hoping for a bazing guitar solo and you didn`t disappoint!
Excellent work from both of you.

Robert

#436370 - 11/02/17 09:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: BlueAttitude]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
You had me hooked right from the melodic guitar part at the beginning and things just built from there.

Good song guys! Nice write and vocal. Love the arrangement too, the way you bring in the heavy drums at 2:30, then the breakdown at 2:34.

Tasteful guitar work throughout, with a smoking hot solo to end off the song.

Yeah! Loved it.

Thanks Dave. The solo at the end was a initially a quick guide for the demo I sent to Leon. He wrote back saying he really liked the solo did I mean the guitar to sound like bombs & screams and I said "sure"! It grew on me.

Peter

#436442 - 11/03/17 01:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Peter !:))

I also think this is a great
song and i enjoyed my listening
very much !:))

Cheers
Dani

#436453 - 11/03/17 02:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hi Peter.
Great composition.
I found this very thought provoking and the lyrics helped develop
vivid word pictures.
Love the powerful bridge and that ties it all together.
Great ballad mate.
Rob

#436477 - 11/03/17 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: lambada]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: lambada
Great track. I also loved the big drum sound and the guitar solo. Great recording.

Thanks appreciate the comments.

Peter

#436574 - 11/04/17 12:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! It sounds very professional - from the mix, to the delivery, to the lyrics. It vividly tells in detail of some grizzly stuff, while remaining catchy and pleasant to the ear. I honestly can't think of anything that could make this better.

Fantastic job here - thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks Deryk appreciate those encouraging comments.

Peter

#436638 - 11/04/17 11:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Peter & Leon

The intro. is splendid.
This tune is a really beautiful and heartbreaking song!
The drums with deep reverb that enters from the middle is wonderful.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Shigeki Adachi

Best regards.

#436682 - 11/05/17 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: Scott C]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What an awesome intro Peter. Super vocal and lyric. Your guitar was excellent. Tone was so rich and clear. Well done.

Thanks a lot Scott.

Peter

#436683 - 11/05/17 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Tom once told us that a sad tune can be better told with a catchy engaging (or even upbeat arrangement).

I think this is a classic example of that. A fine vocal and melody and a scorching guitar solo all add up to keep you hooked from the get go to the end. It really serves to focus one even more on the message.

This is some very strong stuff you guys have going here. And the spot on arrangement and mix ices the cake (great drum sound).

J&B
J&B Website

#436690 - 11/05/17 01:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Needs Are Simple [Re: PeterF]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Leon & Peter,

One of your best! A very strong write. Excellent vocal.

The production works perfectly. Great build. Nice mix.

The drums are just right.

The outro solo is outrageously good...

An excellent listen. Well done!

floyd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

Forum Stats
27989 Members
57 Forums
53992 Topics
446006 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
alphanumeric onl, Firebird, PMAudio, Ed Mace, barrywear

27988 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 175