Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Cooltouch, believe me I sympathize with you because about 10 years ago this was me. I knew less than zero about MIDI. I've since learned you have to understand the basics or just give all this up right now.

Your problem really is basic MIDI 101 and in your writings you're almost right but then you go off on a tangent that is completely irrelevant.

You finally realized the event list was the key. Several people in this thread already said that. I'm assuming this is a downloaded Biab file you found on the internet. Those can be problematic and this is an example of that.

There's a bunch of terms you need to know that would take me an hour to try to explain.

1. General Midi or GM. You gotta understand what that is.
2. The difference between a VSTi, a VST and a DXi.
3. What the HiQ patches really are and what they're based on. They're not based on ANY old VST or DXi. Just one. Originally it was Sampletank 2.5 and recently it's the Sfzorzando synth.
4. MIDI events like program changes but that's just one, there are volume changes, expression, effects lots of stuff.

Whoever created the original Biab song file used whatever synth for the melody track. Nobody knows what synth was used unless he put that in the song memo. It may or may not have been GM. Since the patch is shown as piano on your system but it's playing something else, it's may not have been GM. Whatever, that patch is embedded in the file as a program change event. Embedded MIDI events completely override what you're trying to do manually. Think of it as "hardwired". You have to realize that, go in and either remove those events completely or change them to whatever you want.

Yes, yes I know. All you want to do is make some music not turn yourself into some kind of computer nerd. I've heard all that before, been there and done that. Well forget it, you will become a nerd whether you like it or not.

The frustrating part of all this as I am painfully aware of now, is if you had simply known these basics all of this grief would not be necessary. A few simple mouse clicks and all is good.

Keep reading and don't make assumptions until you understand this.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Expert
Expert
HI Michael
Thanks for pointing out my miss description of the item at the top of the
HQ selection window .
I have edited my post so as not to confuse folks.

And as Bob (thanks Bob) has said above there are ways of embedding patches into midi this is often done with System Exclusives as such patches are often embedded in the file header I believe, and can not be overwritten by midi events like patch change.
If you can turn on Syx Ex or include them to show in list view you may be able to delete them.
System Exclusives as their name implies only get executed for the device that the are written for otherwise they are ignored by other midi devices.
But if PG say use them to implement patch changes for any reason in one of their software functions this could well be your problem.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 11/18/17 02:26 PM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Cooltouch, believe me I sympathize with you because about 10 years ago this was me. I knew less than zero about MIDI. I've since learned you have to understand the basics or just give all this up right now.

Your problem really is basic MIDI 101 and in your writings you're almost right but then you go off on a tangent that is completely irrelevant.

I'm curious what that tangent was.

Bob, actually I had a much better understanding of MIDI back in about 2001 than I do now. I've forgotten a lot. Back then I bought a couple of books on MIDI and I studied them. I was actually writing and editing parts using the event list with several pieces of music I wrote back then. It was the only way to get realistic sounding vibrato, legato (slurs), and volume control the way I wanted it. See my two CDs of tunes over at Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/michaelmcbroom/albums

The pieces Hokkaido Frosts, Mended Dreams, Thankful for What I Have, and Crocodile Smile, especially. I made heavy use of the event list for the shakuhachi solo in Hokkaido Frosts, the flute work in Mended Dreams, the harmonica in Thankful, and several spots of the guitar work (Roland GR-33 Guitar Synth) in Crocodile Smile.

Problem is, I wrote that stuff back in about 2001, and I've made scant use of it since then. So I'm having to relearn things, but I'm also having to learn them BiaB style, which is quite a bit different from the Cakewalk program I used back then -- Pro Audio 9, which was the forerunner to Sonar. With PA9, I was able to draw some aspects of what I wanted, like the vibrato, for example.

You should have seen the DAW I put together back then. This was before software synths became popular, so everything was hardware. I had a keyboard, my GR-33 guitar synth, a MIDI synth module (Roland JV-1010), and three sound cards loaded in my 'puter's box (M-Audio Delta 66 for the audio work, plus a Soundblaster Live! for its synths on a chip and a Yamaha XG card for its XG patches). All of this stuff was hooked together on both a MIDI daisy chain and its audio outs were running into a Mackie 12-channel mixer along with my guitar amp, a multi-effects processor, a compressor, and separate microphones. I used a Midiman 6-channel mixer for headphones. The audio outs were sent back to the Delta 66 so I could record what I was hearing, and also to a high end Adcom stereo unit, which powered a pair of Alesis reference monitors and another set of good speakers. It was quite the setup.

Quote:
You finally realized the event list was the key. Several people in this thread already said that. I'm assuming this is a downloaded Biab file you found on the internet. Those can be problematic and this is an example of that.

I know what you're talking about. I have several thousand song files I've downloaded from the Internet over the past almost 20 years. Some are actually excellent and others are abominations, and there's a whole huge pile of them that fall somewhere in the middle.

What had me steered in the wrong direction with the event lists was I thought the first few lines I was seeing in the event lists were innocuous. The PG tech was the one who told me to get rid of everything but the note data. So those lines weren't as innocuous as I thought they were.

The files I was having problems with were not downloaded from the internet. The one file I mentioned in which I couldn't get unstuck from acoustic piano is actually a file wholly generated by BiaB's Melodist. I have since found another, wholly generated by the Methodist that is exhibiting this exact same problem. It's stuck on acoustic piano. I've also since found another, wholly generated by the Melodist, that insists on changing patches from what I want to Choir Aahs. With that one, the Aahs are part of a description of the patch stuff in the Melody window shown in the Mixer that I can't figure out how to clean out. I don't know how they got in there in the first place, since I've never selected Choir Aahs as a patch. And there's yet another song file, where I have Sforzando loaded, and where it won't remember the DX effects I have loaded. And its event list is also clean. I have these same three DX effects loaded in several other tunes, a few of which are using Sforzando, and they get remembered just fine, so why is this file different? I dunno. I will be discussing these items with the PG Tech tomorrow.

Quote:
There's a bunch of terms you need to know that would take me an hour to try to explain.

1. General Midi or GM. You gotta understand what that is.
2. The difference between a VSTi, a VST and a DXi.
3. What the HiQ patches really are and what they're based on. They're not based on ANY old VST or DXi. Just one. Originally it was Sampletank 2.5 and recently it's the Sfzorzando synth.
4. MIDI events like program changes but that's just one, there are volume changes, expression, effects lots of stuff.

You needn't bother. I'm already familiar with them. Just not so much in the way things are done in BiaB, which I find confusing.

Quote:

Whoever created the original Biab song file used whatever synth for the melody track. Nobody knows what synth was used unless he put that in the song memo. It may or may not have been GM. Since the patch is shown as piano on your system but it's playing something else, it's may not have been GM. Whatever, that patch is embedded in the file as a program change event. Embedded MIDI events completely override what you're trying to do manually. Think of it as "hardwired". You have to realize that, go in and either remove those events completely or change them to whatever you want.

I think you may have misunderstood what I wrote. The song in which the melody is stuck on acoustic piano, it doesn't show acoustic piano. It shows the patch I selected. It just plays acoustic piano. The event list is clean. It shows nothing but note data. As I wrote above, it's even stumped the PG tech. Hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

Quote:

The frustrating part of all this as I am painfully aware of now, is if you had simply known these basics all of this grief would not be necessary. A few simple mouse clicks and all is good.

But not quite so simple as it turns out.

Last edited by cooltouch; 11/19/17 05:31 AM.
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the heads up on SysEx messages. This is an aspect of MIDI that I've never used -- never had a need to -- so I'm not at all familiar with what it can and can't do. I've looked it up in BiaB's Index and I see where it's generally used just to issue an "On" message for certain types of devices. But as you indicate, perhaps something else is lurking about.

BiaB's Index sez that these are files that can be made with Power Tracks Pro Audio or a editor/librarian software program. Well, I don't have an editor/librarian that I know of, but I do have a copy of Power Tracks Pro Audio around here somewhere. I saw that CD not that long ago -- just need to see if I can remember where. I did a search of my computer for *.syx files and I found only one. And I don't think it has anything to do with BiaB or MIDI. It's located in an obscure directory that was downloaded from a thumbdrive I own, but haven't used in years. It's in the drive's "Secure" directory and appears to have something to do with the thumbdrive's security setup. That thumbdrive's set of directories is over 12 years old and the thumbdrive is even older than that. Back when 256MB was a lot. cool

So anyway I'm reasonably certain that a SysEx file is not the culprit here.

Last edited by cooltouch; 11/19/17 12:54 PM.
Expert
Expert
HI Again Michael

Yes indeed I only mention System Exclusive as yet another gotcha in midi data,
If you would like a fairly simple look at what why and how they work, you may like to read an article that I have written for my web site nothing to heavy just a basic understanding.
No way am i suggesting folks on here should start writing Hex Sys Ex strings.
But a little knowledge may at least help to identify where the odd ones you come across came from, and which midi device or midi software may have originated them.

With that in mind the manufacture id byte that I talk about in the article, used by PG Music is.
00H 00H 6AH
So if you see this as the manufacture id, in any you find they came from PG
Direct link to my website article below

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mikesmusic/my_technical_articles2.html#sysex

Every little helps I hope. smile blush smile
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 11/19/17 02:27 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
Michael you don't need to look for Power Tracks, you already have Real Band which is PT melded somehow with Biab. It has the exact same midi capabilities as PT does.

Load the file into RB, then check the event list for your offending track. RB makes it a whole lot easier to play with midi than Biab does.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Veteran
Veteran
Real Band ... has the exact same midi capabilities as PT does.
Bob

Bob is correct, look for RealBand. I think - correct me if this is wrong - that PR does have one harmonizer function with TC Helicon that RealBand does not. Otherwise, I think they are similar.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Guys, thanks as always. Good, I can dispense with trying to find the PowerTracks CDs then.

I was originally making the comment about PowerTracks Pro because the PG help file was saying that it was needed to write/edit SysEx files. But I don't have any on this machine, so it's a moot point. I went ahead and had another look at the offending song file once again, but this time using RB's Event List editor. No change. The Event List has nothing but note data. One thing I did notice though. You know how RB has that popup describing your file's components, etc. when you first load it? Well I noticed that the suffix for that file was .MGX, which according to the Tech folks over at PG, the "X" means it originated as a MIDI file. But what's weird about that is that this is another one of those files that was entirely generated by BiaB's Melodist.

So how could that have happened?

But here's where it gets even stranger. Recall please that I mentioned I sent the PG Tech a copy of this song file and when he played it on his machine, it was stuck on acoustic piano as well . . . well, this is the first time I've loaded it into RB -- to look at the Event List. And guess what? It's playing number 25, Nylon String, which is the patch I've been trying to get it to play over in BiaB these past several days!

So now, I'm wondering if I save it in RB, then bring it back into BiaB if it'll be unstuck. Hang on just a sec, I'm gonna give it a try. Maybe I should save it as a .SEQ file. Nope, that didn't work. Apparently BiaB can't read SEQ files. It can make 'em, but can't read 'em. So anyway, I saved it as a ?G? file and brought it back up into BiaB. And whaddya know? I've got my Nylon String part playing in BiaB now. Great news.

I have one other song in which the melody is stuck on acoustic piano. I'll try and do the same with it. And I've got that other one that insists on playing Choir Aahs when I want something else. Maybe I'll even be able to fix it in RB as well.

Well, this has been rather productive. Think I'll celebrate and have a beer! Wait, dang. No booze in the house. Guess I'll just have to go get some.

Last edited by cooltouch; 11/21/17 12:57 PM.
Expert
Expert
HI Michael

Did you see my second post on sys ex about 3 back it may help ?

Bye the way. it is no good searching your computer for .syx files as they don’t actually have a file type. they only manifest them selves as SYS Ex commands in midi compliant devices or soft ware. they or not files as such, just hex data strings only applicable to midi.
As such you need to be in a midi program to view them RB has a Sys Ex View top right .
You can also view them in Sona and most other Daws
Mike

Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Mike, yeah I read your post, but since I couldn't find any *.syx files on my machine I decided not to worry about it. But in view of this most recent information you posted, I guess I should have another look using RB or maybe even Sonar.

Thanks for this latest tip. And I guess I should go read what you wrote up about sysex stuff.

UPDATE: Well, as it appears to have worked out, when I got these two song files unstuck from acoustic piano, I saved them to *.mgu files and the *.mgx files got overwritten. So if there was anything in the sysex's for those two files, it's all gone now. These two new ones are clean. No sysex stuff.

Last edited by cooltouch; 11/21/17 09:37 AM.
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I'd like to report another bit of success. I brought over into RB that song that kept resetting the melody to Choir Aahs. Good ol' RB stripped out all that nonsense from the melody's info panel. So I saved the *.mgu file in RB and brought it back into BiaB and I was able to successfully configure the song's melody to my liking.

One peculiar thing I'm noticing about these songs that were straightened out by RB is RB strips out the last two or three measures from the melody. Not a big deal. I just copy and paste from an earlier part of the song. The song being an AABA format, this is easy to do.

So I have a game plan now. Whenever I run across a misbehaving song file, I'll just bring it into RB and that should straighten it out. Three for three so far.

Veteran
Veteran
Got busy and lost track of this thread. Very happy you got it fixed. I never try to do any kind of editing in Biab, it's all in RB. I've written extensively about how Biab is great for putting a song together quickly just to get an idea about how it can sound but after that it's all RB for me. RB is a full DAW, Biab isn't they're two different programs and lots of folks think that RB is just another version of Biab, not true.

The fact the offending tracks were generated by the Melodist is interesting. I saw a couple of other posts complaining about something the Melodist did. I never use that so can't comment on it.

All I can say is midi can be totally baffling at times. Like you I've downloaded gazillions of midi files and I've put some into a Test folder because in spite of what I know, I simply cannot get them to play correctly. I've copied them, tried stripping out everything I can find yet the instruments are still wrong. There's something hiding in those files that I cannot find.

We have no idea what the original author did and then since this is the internet those files could have been changed by someone else or even several someone's. When you go looking for sysex and other data info sometimes a file will have all of that on a separate track that has no instrument data. Somehow the instructions in that data track works on all the other tracks. Other times the data instructions are embedded in a regular instrument track or spread out over several instrument tracks. Very confusing.

Like you said some of those files are really excellent as far as the performance is concerned yet will not play correctly. If you really want to use one of those you can do a cut/paste of just the note and performance data into a new blank RB project and get it to work that way. Very tedious though if you've got say 23 tracks to copy.

When you do that RB calls it a scrap clipboard. Weird I know but it allows you to copy/paste data from one project to another. When you go to copy something a window opens that allows you to make choices of exactly what you want to copy. Check that out.

Bob

Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks, Bob. I'll give that last point a try. I guess the reason for generating a window is that it makes it easier to copy and paste, eh? I was envisioning having to have both BiaB and RB open so I could copy from BiaB and paste into RB.

I just need to spend some more time with RB. I've been trying to do some adequate mixdowns in BiaB. I mean, it's possible, just not all that convenient. I mean, what if I wanted to add a track or two? BiaB doesn't seem to be cut out for that sort of thing.

Last edited by cooltouch; 12/05/17 04:43 AM.
N
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
N
I abandoned Realband last January because the version 2017 release 1 program was so buggy. I tried to do everything in BIAB which was a mistake particularly with 64 bit plugins

Release 8 of realband 2017 does lots that BIAB is not so good at and it works rather well with 64 bit plugins (but don't tell Bob)

Pause for thought on upgrading to 2018

Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I'm pausing for that same thought, Neil. I wish I wasn't constrained by such a tight budget.

Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Got busy and lost track of this thread. Very happy you got it fixed. I never try to do any kind of editing in Biab, it's all in RB. I've written extensively about how Biab is great for putting a song together quickly just to get an idea about how it can sound but after that it's all RB for me. RB is a full DAW, Biab isn't they're two different programs and lots of folks think that RB is just another version of Biab, not true.

I've gotten pretty comfortable with editing in BiaB. I like to use the Notation function where it just displays the note head and a blue line extending out from it. You can control volume (velocity), position, and length using that interface. Most of the time, that's all I need.

Quote:
The fact the offending tracks were generated by the Melodist is interesting. I saw a couple of other posts complaining about something the Melodist did. I never use that so can't comment on it.

Yeah, weird. In playing around with the Melodist, I've gotten it to produce several songs that I consider to be keepers, and they all behave normally, except this one song, and as I outlined above, it has been full of problems. I wonder if I were to bring it into RB, open it and then save it in RB as an mgu, that would take care of the problems, the way it did for getting songs unstuck from voices I didn't want.

Quote:
All I can say is midi can be totally baffling at times.

Yeah, it's surprising how something so simple can become something so complicated.

Quote:
Like you I've downloaded gazillions of midi files and I've put some into a Test folder because in spite of what I know, I simply cannot get them to play correctly. I've copied them, tried stripping out everything I can find yet the instruments are still wrong. There's something hiding in those files that I cannot find.

The ones that I find that are the biggest problems are the ones that were originally saved as MIDI type 0 files, where all instrumentation gets crammed into a single track. When I open a file like that in BiaB and then use the notation window, the screen can be almost black with the density of all the notes that were crammed onto a single set of staves. What were they thinking? Go to all that trouble writing, arranging, orchestrating, then save the work as a type 0 file. I'm just dumbfounded at the stupidity. But as you mentioned, who knows how many edits a piece of music might have been through by the time one plucks it from the 'net. The original creator may have had everything dialed in perfectly. But all it takes is one clueless individual to totally screw up a nice piece of music.

Quote:
Like you said some of those files are really excellent as far as the performance is concerned yet will not play correctly. If you really want to use one of those you can do a cut/paste of just the note and performance data into a new blank RB project and get it to work that way. Very tedious though if you've got say 23 tracks to copy.

When you do that RB calls it a scrap clipboard. Weird I know but it allows you to copy/paste data from one project to another. When you go to copy something a window opens that allows you to make choices of exactly what you want to copy. Check that out.

Okay, well that's good to know. RB's clipboard works like regular Windows clipboard does -- that is, a temporary holding place for general "copy/paste" data. BiaB has something very similar to what you describe. I use the Ctl-C and Ctl-V routines a lot in BiaB, and when I do I get the little popup window that allows you to do things like fine tune exactly where the data will appear.

You know, I've gotten so frustrated with RB that I'm now working on voice selection and mixdowns in Studio One 3, the latest update of the Free version. I really like that software -- just wish it had staff capabilities. The full blown version that costs a lot of money has the capability to use Notion 6 as a rewire device, so it is possible to get it to work with notation. I just have to buy SO3 and upgrade my old copy of Notion. More than I have available in my meager budget at the moment. So I'm learning how to use the piano roll in SO3. It's awkward, but doable at least. Another thing I like about SO3 is it comes with several hundred built-in instruments, many of which sound excellent. I've found that to be very handy when I'm doing my final arrangements and mixdowns.

I haven't given up on RB. Just call it a "cooling off" period until I get over my annoyance with it. I dunno, there's something about that software that puts me on edge, whereas with BiaB it feels more like an old friend when I boot it up. I guess once I know and understand RB better, my comfort level with it will improve.

Last edited by cooltouch; 12/06/17 06:25 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,727
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197