Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#434672 - 10/22/17 11:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi Floyd and Noel. I remember this from when I first joined the forum. I remember being so impressed with what could be achieved using this fantastic software. Still love it.

Thanks Joanne. Appreciate that you had a bit of time to listen and to comment.

I agree... BIAB is amazing software! I first started playing around with the program in 2006 and today, I'm still just as much in awe with what Peter Gannon and his team has made possible as I was back then. Quite honestly, I cannot imagine life without BIAB!

Thanks again for taking the time.

All the best,
Noel

#434827 - 10/23/17 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: 90 dB]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Guys,

This is delightful! Enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob

Bob,

Thank you. It's always excellent to see you. I hope that all is going well.

Best wishes,
Noel

#435026 - 10/24/17 12:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: RnAM]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Super cool guys!
Such a nice collab. Nice country groove and a warm and mellow sound.
Feel free to do this again!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Anne-Marie,

Thanks for giving the song listen. Always appreciate your thoughts.

Regards to you both!
Noel

#435159 - 10/25/17 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Noel & Floyd...

You know, fellahs, it's really difficult...to comment on your collaboration...while I'm clappin' my hands...an 'tappin' my foot...as I type on my PC keyboard. Whew. Talk about "multi-tasking"!

"What A Crazy Thing" is so much fun to listen to that I wouldn't be surprised if any number of big-time musical stars dipped into the User's Forum every now and then (anonymously, of course!) to "borrow" a little inspiration from the top-tier productions such as yours that regularly are posted here.

I know Band-In-A-Box is great for jazz songwriting, but it's got the blues/country/western/Americana genre down pat, too. I believe I may have to change direction, gents!

Exuberantly,

LOREN

#435281 - 10/26/17 11:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
What a fun song!! Clever, catchy, and emotionally upbeat. I do not recall hearing it last time around but glad I got to this time. A wonderful collab by a couple of great writers!! Take care. Greg

#435588 - 10/27/17 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: rayc]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
This version is ace - country swing with a little rockabilly lilt.
This would also sound great with a more rockabilly push to the rhythm.
VERY cool.

Thanks, Ray. Much appreciate the visit, listen and comments. Also, thanks for the thought about Rockabilly. That didn't occur to me but it's definitely worth investigating!

All the best,
Noel

#435594 - 10/27/17 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Ha ha. That's fun.
Well done.
Cheers.

#435789 - 10/29/17 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I missed the original, so thanks for the repost.

Nice collaboration from two of my favorites! Enjoyed the listen.

Hi Dave,

Appreciate the comments. Thank you for having a listen.

Regards,
Noel

#435790 - 10/29/17 11:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Steve Young]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Noel and Floyd,

What a fun song! Great collaboration. Noel, your mixing skills keep getting better and better. Really enjoyed this one!

Steve

Hey Steve,

It's always great to see you. Learning to mix adequately has been a long slow journey for me. I'm still travelling that road but there seem to be less bumps in these days.

Take care and all the best,
Noel

#435795 - 10/29/17 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
J&B - glad y'all got a chance to hear this!... we've had quite a ride, haven't we... Noel has always been a big part of that.

Mario - thanks for the two thumbs... that's one for each of us! smile

Torrey - glad you stopped by...

Dani - thanks!

Shigeki Adachi - appreciate it... Noel did a great job on the mix... and a whole bunch of other stuff... he's a gem...

#436194 - 11/01/17 11:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
What a catchy, fun song! I really enjoy the sound of this one. The lyrics feel very inspired, and I think this is a mix totally worthy of 2017. laugh

Great job and can't wait for more!

Thanks Ember! None of this would have been possible without PG Music and Band In A Box. You work for a great company!

Regards,
Noel

#436195 - 11/01/17 12:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: bluage]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bluage
Noel & Floyd...

You know, fellahs, it's really difficult...to comment on your collaboration...while I'm clappin' my hands...an 'tappin' my foot...as I type on my PC keyboard. Whew. Talk about "multi-tasking"!

"What A Crazy Thing" is so much fun to listen to that I wouldn't be surprised if any number of big-time musical stars dipped into the User's Forum every now and then (anonymously, of course!) to "borrow" a little inspiration from the top-tier productions such as yours that regularly are posted here.

I know Band-In-A-Box is great for jazz songwriting, but it's got the blues/country/western/Americana genre down pat, too. I believe I may have to change direction, gents!

Exuberantly,

LOREN

Loren,

I just love reading your posts. Everything you write takes the reader on a wonderful journey of language. It seems to me that you are the personification of the word 'eloquence'. I greatly admire your ability with words.

Thank you for taking time to listen, to comment and for the smiles your post gave me. What a terrific way to start the day!

All the best,
Noel

#436297 - 11/02/17 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
"Noel96"...

You're welcome, and thank you for the nice compliment.

LOREN

#436879 - 11/06/17 08:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
What a fun song!! Clever, catchy, and emotionally upbeat. I do not recall hearing it last time around but glad I got to this time. A wonderful collab by a couple of great writers!! Take care. Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the visit. It's always good to say 'hello'. Appreciate the comments. I totally enjoyed writing with floyd and picked up quite a bit along the way!

All the best,
Noel.

#436880 - 11/06/17 08:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: RichMac]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Ha ha. That's fun.
Well done.
Cheers.

Richard,

It's really great to see you back Users Showcase again. You've been gone too long! Thanks for listening.

All the best,
Noel

#436977 - 11/07/17 01:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
J&B - glad y'all are here - and got a chance to hear this one...

Mario - thanks for dropping by...

Torrey - Thanks. I agree - Noel did a bang up job on this...

Dani - good to hear from you...

Shigeki Adachi - thanks, as always...

Joanne - thanks...

Bob - good to see you...

#436989 - 11/07/17 02:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: animarorecords]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Floyd and Noel,

Please give me your permission to submit it for airplay in London, UK. The queue is quite long and no Loonies are paid but the exposure is invaluable.

Josie and I have been in the queue for weeks but were finally aired today.

The DJ, Sid Randell, just started a new feature wherein he introduces new artists and new songs from around the world. If agreed, Joanne and I will submit it for you.

Sid wants Country songs.

Donny

#437130 - 11/08/17 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Don,

Wow! This is really unexpected. Thank you for your generosity. I've caught up with floyd and we're both good with your suggestion.

To quote floyd, "I'm good with letting Don do whatever he chooses with the song. What good is music if it is never heard..."

That's what music is all about.

Please check your private messages. I'm just about to send one to you.

Thank you again!
Noel (and floyd)

#437471 - 11/10/17 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Somehow this one slipped past me. Great remix, no question.

Top job all around.

Floyd delivers once again, and this production has real quality.

Nice! smile

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#437500 - 11/11/17 05:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: What A Crazy Thing ... (a co-write with floyd jane) [Re: Noel96]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Noel
I enjoyed the song very, very much.
Really good.
I see you're interested in getting feedback about the production. I think it's pretty good. If you accept a constructive critique, the thing that stands out for me is that the reverb on the vocals doesn't seem to match well enough the rest of the music. Not sure if it's about the kind of reverb or just the amount (or both).
The vocals seem to be too "wet" (too much reverb) in relation to - say - the guitar solo, the violin and, in the general, the background track. I think if you shorten the reverb tail on the vocals (or just decrease the amount of it) you would have a more "cohesive", consistent "space" in the mix.
And, by the way, the quality of the vocals is so good that they don't really need the help of too much reverb. If you make them drier, their quality would be even more emphasized, they would sound more focused, more clear. Less is more, when we talk reverb (and many things in music production, indeed).
Alternatively, you could add more reverb especially on the solo instruments, so to better match the vocals. But that would not be my first choice.
Of course, this is just my opinion and it's just a matter of taste and / or artistic choice.
Overall, a great song and a great mix. I truly enjoyed it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27612 Members
50 Forums
52202 Topics
432015 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990, mucheyielts2018

27612 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 189
Noel96 165