Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#437536 11/11/17 10:21 AM
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I just don't know how to move on. It's so bug ridden. I can a least use it to build songs. I have 300 to move to a more stable program. I can't deal playing 5 days a week worrying if it's going to crash.
I played Friday and it was fine. I opened the program the next gig, went to load the jukebox and get an error message, no file found and RB closes. Have to totally reload the program. Just what I want to do at a gig.Thank God I have PT 2013as well.
I've been away from the forums for abt 4 years I was pissed off at all the bugs.4 years later the program is worse.
IMHO

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Maybe it's your configuration. I didn't notice others reporting such issues.

What about creating WAV or MP3 backing tracks and using those live? Would that work for you?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Apprentice
Apprentice
In total agreement with VideoTrack. I have used a lot of complex composition programs like BIAB / RB over the years but would always mix down to Mp3/Mp4A or wav format and transfer to ipad, iphone (running Backtrax app.)or other mp3 players such as Archos to create playlists rather than risk running from the parent program. Much less to go wrong in a live situation.

BIAB 2022 PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer3 + EZ Keys,Soundcraft MTK22, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Neumann/Shure mics
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
When you just open the computer start the program go to ACTION/JUKEBOX nothing else hooked up and the program crashes. I have my ideas and will explore.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
its not my configuration. Mix down is not an option. PT 2013 is always rock solid so i'll just use that. In the meantime now that i've vented ,let's try to find this issue. I have thoughts. Probably most are not using the jukebox as you are mixing down.
Please try this for me. I can't repeat it consistently but seems to be the issue.
1. make a folder and put 6 songs in it.
2. open RB
3. open the JUKEBOX and using "add to playlist add these 6 songs to your play list.
4. run through these songs
5. close the JUKEBOX without deleting theplaylist
6. close RB
7. go to the folder with the songs and remove 1 or 2 to another location.
8. open RB
9. open the JUKEBOX
10. do this a number of times and report what happens.
Thanks

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My system isn't that complicated.
Form day one I strived to have a Real Band sound. Pun intended. The consistency and look of a band.
I usually use abt 10 tracks in RB. They are all assigned to one of 8 audio outs of my interface to one of 8 channels of my digital stage box. Mixer is software on the computer and my sound persons tablet. They mix me from FOH. I sing and play bass live. One RB track goes to the computers headphone output to provide chord data for my harmonizer.Another RB track is midi data that goes, via a virtual midi cable to QLITE controller program which is for lighting. I built a USB to DMX adapter box to drive my lighting dimmer packs.
My hole show is 100% automated.
PS all into a 3000wattt triamped PA.
I have played 100s of shows.The only weak link is RB.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Expert
Expert
HI John

I am not sure how the juke box works, but if you start moving the source files for a playlist in most software, you will break the links.
If the jukebox only stores links to the files in their original location, (instead of making a copy of them) then surely you will break these links, making the playlist not function,
Just my thoughts without knowing the detail of the software Realband jukebox playlist,
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
right you are but it shouldn.t break the whole program. there,s no way to open the jukebox now and delete the playlist.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
RealBand broke me some time ago because of it's bugs and crashing.
The main issue you have is that all your songs are in .SEQ format else there are plenty of other application that will do what you need for live performance.

You would have to sit down and > Save all Tracks to individual WAV/MID and then > Save Chords Window As Video
As I mentioned before, there should be a Batch Convert option for these 2 formats, that might be something easier to add to RB then fix all the bugs.
It might take time but the Jailbreak would be worth it.

But lets see what next month brings, you never know, fingers crossed.

RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Here's some Macro Tools for repetitive tasks.

http://merabheja.com/17-free-macro-recorder-tools-to-perform-repetitive-tasks/
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/make-your-computer-automatically-perform-tasks-for-you/view-all/

With these tools you can get it to batch convert your seq files to wav, midi and avi.

Though the problem I find now is when saving to Video there is no song.seq filename already in the Save to AVI dialog box, it should just have the seq filename already in there !, and it wants to save in the RealBand folder instead of the folder the seq was opened from !!!!
Yet when Saving All Tracks to WAV/MID it has no problem saving them in the same folder as the seq and in it's own track folder.
The same with BB now, though I'm sure I remember it putting the song name in the Save AVI box in a previous version ?????
Else it would be easier to Batch convert with the Macros.
So you are just screwed again by RB.
My whole life here is trying to create workaround ways of doing things that RB/BB should just do, easily, joyfully, a stress free workflow.

...and then I get the dreaded whiteout when clicking back on RB after trying BB with also no filename in the AVI box, other apps go white and recover but not RB.
Just doing this with RB has churned my guts and got the BP up mad that's why I gave up on RB and are waiting for something stress free.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RB_Save_Video.jpg (282.44 KB, 255 downloads)
RB_Whiteover.jpg (261.41 KB, 256 downloads)
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Here we go .... Deja Vu all over again.

When you are gigging, you really want to keep things as simple and crash-proof as is possible. That means NOT using BB or RB live.

Take all your songs and mix them down and export them as either 320kb MP3 or WAV files. Any crappy audio player can handle them all day and night without any issues. When you are using BB/RB live, you are asking the computer to work pretty hard to get all 10 or more tracks synced and to the speakers, plus any midi, synths, or FX that are running live. It's one thing to do that in a studio, it's another thing totally to do that live.

Keeping it simple means using 2 computers running the same WAV or MP3 player and booted up ready to go.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

You can make excuses or you can make progress but you can't do both.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
PIPELINE I know I,ve been avoiding that.
Guitarhacker to say that like that tells me your an amateur.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Are ya also hearing what else I sad:
1. My old Power Tracks program is rock solid.I just use that now. Jeff just keeps breaking RB more and more. I used to FEAR that Peter would sell to a big company like Sony etc. Now I wish he would or get someone in to help Jeff out. RB keeps getting in features but gains more and more bugs.
2. Someone needs to tell me how my FOH person mixes an MP3 live.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
L
Expert
Expert
L
Have you considered using Reaper for live shows? Lots of flexibility and stability. I use BIAB (Jukebox) for live streaming and some shows with little problem, but will be using BIAB created /Realband / Reaper wav files on Voicelive 3 Ext for live shows as The VL3 Ext will store harmonies, guitar patch / effects changes and vocal patch / effect changes. I would also always have a backup of mp3 or wav backing tracks for an emergency. Then I would just dump the vocal effects. Sometimes now I just sing and play acoustic guitar. It has a authenticity that goes down well.

Last edited by lambada; 11/13/17 05:22 AM.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That's what I have to do.
I have both Reaper and Sonar.
Converting approximately 4000 individual tracks to 4000 .wav files and getting them in another program is doable I suppose. Who wants to do it for me?
Btw I'm a bass player.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I was one of the BETA Testers when RB was introduced.I made the first user Real Track during BETA another year.We were all concerned about what looked like some sort of pasting the code for BIAB on top of Power Tracks
For me I think the best thing is create my songs in RB.Play them with my old Power Tracks.
You might think of that as well.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
John,
FWIW I've always leaned toward PT for Live, RB for writing.
Less overhead = more stable.
Plus I don't want that pesky 'Initializing Accompaniment' message holding things up .. for yet another reason.

I've used PT to run live click, drum triggers, synths, guitar patch changes (multiple guitars), lights, vocal processor changes, etc, all in the same song .. while recording it in PT also as a live mix.
It can be very powerful and ya can't do that with WAV or MP3.
So I get it (I think).

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
YOU GET IT RHARV.
How are you. I miss all the old guys.
I push this stuff to the limit for sure. So do you I know.
See down here the pay structure is 80/20 split of the gate. These folks are winter Texans ready to party for the winter. Dances I have them change $7. Full bands charge $10. Most rooms hold 500+. Do the math. I have to have a well done professional show to expect to get that sort of cash.
Btw we get 80% resort gets 20%
I guess RB stays in the studio and PT goes on the road.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: silvertones

Guitarhacker to say that like that tells me your an amateur.

Whatever you say.... but I'm not the one who had the crash now, am I?

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

You can make excuses or you can make progress but you can't do both.
RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
There are plenty of Multichannel hardware players, some players only, some rec/play:
Look at the Tascam and CYMATIC, for more info and guides do a youtube search.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Digital-Multi-Track-Recorders/ci/14861/N/3992462095

I suggested in the wishlist a hardware version of Biab something like this below.

This one is way over the top in price but give an idea of what you can do:
Multi-track playback you can depend upon

https://joeco.co.uk/multi-track-audio-players-products-live-install-joeco/

When you require mission-critical playback that absolutely cannot fail, you can rely on JoeCo’s BLACKBOX Multi-Channel Player. This multi-channel player – available in a variety of formats – provides a solution for live performance playback in a compact 1U rack-mounted package. Specifically designed to replay backing tracks or multiple surround stems for live shows and themed entertainment, it can replay up to 64 channels of high quality audio at up to 24bit/96kHz. The BLACKBOX Player can be triggered using timecode, a footswitch or QWERTY keyboard, or it can be controlled via MIDI commands, giving the live engineer, installation sound designer, musical director, artist or silvertones full control of the show at all times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBVjAHE2QE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYa9JGRVRZM

Last edited by Pipeline; 11/14/17 10:41 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,340
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213