Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#437536 11/11/17 10:21 AM
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I just don't know how to move on. It's so bug ridden. I can a least use it to build songs. I have 300 to move to a more stable program. I can't deal playing 5 days a week worrying if it's going to crash.
I played Friday and it was fine. I opened the program the next gig, went to load the jukebox and get an error message, no file found and RB closes. Have to totally reload the program. Just what I want to do at a gig.Thank God I have PT 2013as well.
I've been away from the forums for abt 4 years I was pissed off at all the bugs.4 years later the program is worse.
IMHO

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Maybe it's your configuration. I didn't notice others reporting such issues.

What about creating WAV or MP3 backing tracks and using those live? Would that work for you?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Apprentice
Apprentice
In total agreement with VideoTrack. I have used a lot of complex composition programs like BIAB / RB over the years but would always mix down to Mp3/Mp4A or wav format and transfer to ipad, iphone (running Backtrax app.)or other mp3 players such as Archos to create playlists rather than risk running from the parent program. Much less to go wrong in a live situation.

BIAB 2022 PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer3 + EZ Keys,Soundcraft MTK22, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Neumann/Shure mics
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
When you just open the computer start the program go to ACTION/JUKEBOX nothing else hooked up and the program crashes. I have my ideas and will explore.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
its not my configuration. Mix down is not an option. PT 2013 is always rock solid so i'll just use that. In the meantime now that i've vented ,let's try to find this issue. I have thoughts. Probably most are not using the jukebox as you are mixing down.
Please try this for me. I can't repeat it consistently but seems to be the issue.
1. make a folder and put 6 songs in it.
2. open RB
3. open the JUKEBOX and using "add to playlist add these 6 songs to your play list.
4. run through these songs
5. close the JUKEBOX without deleting theplaylist
6. close RB
7. go to the folder with the songs and remove 1 or 2 to another location.
8. open RB
9. open the JUKEBOX
10. do this a number of times and report what happens.
Thanks

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My system isn't that complicated.
Form day one I strived to have a Real Band sound. Pun intended. The consistency and look of a band.
I usually use abt 10 tracks in RB. They are all assigned to one of 8 audio outs of my interface to one of 8 channels of my digital stage box. Mixer is software on the computer and my sound persons tablet. They mix me from FOH. I sing and play bass live. One RB track goes to the computers headphone output to provide chord data for my harmonizer.Another RB track is midi data that goes, via a virtual midi cable to QLITE controller program which is for lighting. I built a USB to DMX adapter box to drive my lighting dimmer packs.
My hole show is 100% automated.
PS all into a 3000wattt triamped PA.
I have played 100s of shows.The only weak link is RB.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Expert
Expert
HI John

I am not sure how the juke box works, but if you start moving the source files for a playlist in most software, you will break the links.
If the jukebox only stores links to the files in their original location, (instead of making a copy of them) then surely you will break these links, making the playlist not function,
Just my thoughts without knowing the detail of the software Realband jukebox playlist,
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
right you are but it shouldn.t break the whole program. there,s no way to open the jukebox now and delete the playlist.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
RealBand broke me some time ago because of it's bugs and crashing.
The main issue you have is that all your songs are in .SEQ format else there are plenty of other application that will do what you need for live performance.

You would have to sit down and > Save all Tracks to individual WAV/MID and then > Save Chords Window As Video
As I mentioned before, there should be a Batch Convert option for these 2 formats, that might be something easier to add to RB then fix all the bugs.
It might take time but the Jailbreak would be worth it.

But lets see what next month brings, you never know, fingers crossed.

RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Here's some Macro Tools for repetitive tasks.

http://merabheja.com/17-free-macro-recorder-tools-to-perform-repetitive-tasks/
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/make-your-computer-automatically-perform-tasks-for-you/view-all/

With these tools you can get it to batch convert your seq files to wav, midi and avi.

Though the problem I find now is when saving to Video there is no song.seq filename already in the Save to AVI dialog box, it should just have the seq filename already in there !, and it wants to save in the RealBand folder instead of the folder the seq was opened from !!!!
Yet when Saving All Tracks to WAV/MID it has no problem saving them in the same folder as the seq and in it's own track folder.
The same with BB now, though I'm sure I remember it putting the song name in the Save AVI box in a previous version ?????
Else it would be easier to Batch convert with the Macros.
So you are just screwed again by RB.
My whole life here is trying to create workaround ways of doing things that RB/BB should just do, easily, joyfully, a stress free workflow.

...and then I get the dreaded whiteout when clicking back on RB after trying BB with also no filename in the AVI box, other apps go white and recover but not RB.
Just doing this with RB has churned my guts and got the BP up mad that's why I gave up on RB and are waiting for something stress free.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RB_Save_Video.jpg (282.44 KB, 255 downloads)
RB_Whiteover.jpg (261.41 KB, 256 downloads)
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Here we go .... Deja Vu all over again.

When you are gigging, you really want to keep things as simple and crash-proof as is possible. That means NOT using BB or RB live.

Take all your songs and mix them down and export them as either 320kb MP3 or WAV files. Any crappy audio player can handle them all day and night without any issues. When you are using BB/RB live, you are asking the computer to work pretty hard to get all 10 or more tracks synced and to the speakers, plus any midi, synths, or FX that are running live. It's one thing to do that in a studio, it's another thing totally to do that live.

Keeping it simple means using 2 computers running the same WAV or MP3 player and booted up ready to go.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
PIPELINE I know I,ve been avoiding that.
Guitarhacker to say that like that tells me your an amateur.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Are ya also hearing what else I sad:
1. My old Power Tracks program is rock solid.I just use that now. Jeff just keeps breaking RB more and more. I used to FEAR that Peter would sell to a big company like Sony etc. Now I wish he would or get someone in to help Jeff out. RB keeps getting in features but gains more and more bugs.
2. Someone needs to tell me how my FOH person mixes an MP3 live.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
L
Expert
Expert
L
Have you considered using Reaper for live shows? Lots of flexibility and stability. I use BIAB (Jukebox) for live streaming and some shows with little problem, but will be using BIAB created /Realband / Reaper wav files on Voicelive 3 Ext for live shows as The VL3 Ext will store harmonies, guitar patch / effects changes and vocal patch / effect changes. I would also always have a backup of mp3 or wav backing tracks for an emergency. Then I would just dump the vocal effects. Sometimes now I just sing and play acoustic guitar. It has a authenticity that goes down well.

Last edited by lambada; 11/13/17 05:22 AM.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That's what I have to do.
I have both Reaper and Sonar.
Converting approximately 4000 individual tracks to 4000 .wav files and getting them in another program is doable I suppose. Who wants to do it for me?
Btw I'm a bass player.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I was one of the BETA Testers when RB was introduced.I made the first user Real Track during BETA another year.We were all concerned about what looked like some sort of pasting the code for BIAB on top of Power Tracks
For me I think the best thing is create my songs in RB.Play them with my old Power Tracks.
You might think of that as well.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
John,
FWIW I've always leaned toward PT for Live, RB for writing.
Less overhead = more stable.
Plus I don't want that pesky 'Initializing Accompaniment' message holding things up .. for yet another reason.

I've used PT to run live click, drum triggers, synths, guitar patch changes (multiple guitars), lights, vocal processor changes, etc, all in the same song .. while recording it in PT also as a live mix.
It can be very powerful and ya can't do that with WAV or MP3.
So I get it (I think).

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
YOU GET IT RHARV.
How are you. I miss all the old guys.
I push this stuff to the limit for sure. So do you I know.
See down here the pay structure is 80/20 split of the gate. These folks are winter Texans ready to party for the winter. Dances I have them change $7. Full bands charge $10. Most rooms hold 500+. Do the math. I have to have a well done professional show to expect to get that sort of cash.
Btw we get 80% resort gets 20%
I guess RB stays in the studio and PT goes on the road.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: silvertones

Guitarhacker to say that like that tells me your an amateur.

Whatever you say.... but I'm not the one who had the crash now, am I?

www.herbhartley.com

RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
There are plenty of Multichannel hardware players, some players only, some rec/play:
Look at the Tascam and CYMATIC, for more info and guides do a youtube search.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Digital-Multi-Track-Recorders/ci/14861/N/3992462095

I suggested in the wishlist a hardware version of Biab something like this below.

This one is way over the top in price but give an idea of what you can do:
Multi-track playback you can depend upon

https://joeco.co.uk/multi-track-audio-players-products-live-install-joeco/

When you require mission-critical playback that absolutely cannot fail, you can rely on JoeCo’s BLACKBOX Multi-Channel Player. This multi-channel player – available in a variety of formats – provides a solution for live performance playback in a compact 1U rack-mounted package. Specifically designed to replay backing tracks or multiple surround stems for live shows and themed entertainment, it can replay up to 64 channels of high quality audio at up to 24bit/96kHz. The BLACKBOX Player can be triggered using timecode, a footswitch or QWERTY keyboard, or it can be controlled via MIDI commands, giving the live engineer, installation sound designer, musical director, artist or silvertones full control of the show at all times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBVjAHE2QE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYa9JGRVRZM

Last edited by Pipeline; 11/14/17 10:41 AM.
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
I too have sometimes found RealBand a little flaky. It will sometimes crash unexpectedly but I have never used it in a gig situation. I am slightly in awe of the complex setups described here. I have sometimes used my large format iPad Pro for gigs with backing tracks. I have the music display app forScore which means I have words and music on display. Also good as I don’t need music stand light since I am using an iPad. With forScore you can associate any file with a wave or mp3. This means you have the music up and simply click controls to start playback. You control the output level from theiPad too and it will even turn pages back and forward for you at the right place in the audio track which is cool. Saves having to take huge files of music around as you can put all your music on the iPad. I plug the output of the iPad into my keyboard which then supplies it to my mixer. All nice and simple which suits me!

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You seem familiar. This would be awesome. I have always prefered dedicated hardware. Its just that I headed down the RB trail.Do you think it would be easy or real tedious to transfer all the songs. Too bad it can't read *.seq files.
BTW my music computer is only used for RB, BIAB, PT, and qlite. Never goes on the internet.

Last edited by silvertones; 11/15/17 05:30 AM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Guitarhacker I will apologize to you as i don't no you. I have been a LONG time Forum contributer, Beta tester and all round techno crazy guy. To start off a post with a condescending statement pissed me off pure and simple.
Ive answered those questions ad nauseum for nubes and was never condescending.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Awesome box. I downloaded the manual. Getting 4000 tracks in it would be a challenge. At 66 I can't remember 300 songs and counting so lyrics and chords are needed for reference. Not dependent on them but nice to be able to glance.Weve all had the problem of stepping up to sing a song weve done a thousand times and cant remember the first line.
Relistically I need to stay with RB to compose and Power Tracks to play back.
PS I still love PGMUSIC and their products.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Guitarhacker I will apologize to you as i don't no you. I have been a LONG time Forum contributer, Beta tester and all round techno crazy guy. To start off a post with a condescending statement pissed me off pure and simple.
Ive answered those questions ad nauseum for nubes and was never condescending.

accepted.... and yeah I get it. I'm a bit quick on the trigger at times. We had just had a similar kind of thread.

No problem.

www.herbhartley.com

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Cool

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
The above thread demonstrates why this is a cool place to hang out (to me).

'Friends' can say things to each other here, and it does not end up turning into your typical forum/Fark thread.
Makes me stick around still.
People are honestly just trying to help each other.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yes I agree

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Gig Friday went great. Not a hickup.Even used RB version 8.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Just an observation. I don't do a lot of gigs but I have been using RealBand for gigs for a long time and I have never really had any problem, except for one quirk of the Jukebox. How I would normally set up the computer would be to have folders labeled as set 1, set 2 etc. and I would create a Jukebox file for each set. The Jukebox file would reside in each set folder. If I created my sets and jukebox files on my main studio computer and transferred to my laptop for gigging, then the Jukebox would crash on the laptop. I discovered that the Jukebox program writes a file, with a JUK extension, in the RealBand folder and if that file was there from a previous gig, then RealBand would crash when I tried to load my new Jukebox file in my Set folder. If I deleted the old file with the .JUK extension in the RealBand folder then my new Jukebox files in my set folders would load no problem. Ever since I figured this out I have had no problems. I don't know why this file is written into the Realband folder but I hope this helps. Perhaps PG Music can answer this.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
All seems well. I've done 3 gigs without issues. I have been making sure to delete all songs from the Jukebox before closing.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi John, great to see you again and I still have those files you sent me.

Pipeline and Guitarhacker your comments are understandable but you don't know who Silvertones is. He's a total pro level user just like you guys are and knows as much about these programs as anybody. I don't know if the forum goes back that far but try to find his posts about performing live with Power Tracks about 4 years ago. After a lot of trial and error he created one helluva live setup because he wanted total multitrack control over each instrument.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
I
Expert
Expert
I
I've been using an iPod touch with all my backing tracks stored onto it since I bought one and it's been working for me so far. I do not have worry about my Mac crashing or having to take 5 minutes just to find the next track I want to play. I also use backing tracks that were either given to me or came included with sheet music I bought, and I sometimes make my own backing tracks when I need to have my parts to be precisely laid out note for note.

P.S. I don't own a PC so I can't use RealBand and PG Music has no intention of including RealBand for Mac even though the vast majority of audio productions is done on a Mac. My school has a production lab that only uses Macs.

Last edited by Islansoul; 11/28/17 09:13 AM.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Bob,
Good to hear from you as well. You still gigging?
I've since dumped all the analog mixers and drive rack stuff. Now using a 16x4 digital stage box. Mixer on my computer and a tablet.
Going to upgrade lights as well to led.
Sure glad that in music school it was required to intern for s moving company. At 66 loading in/out and setup/tear down is tough duty but it's still worth it.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Gigging, oh yeah. You know how it is with us warhorses, I just can't say no. I have 5 coming up for December but only one is a jazz gig. Those have dried up but I'm back to my classic rock roots doing Santana, Joe Cocker, the Doors, SRV, Stevie Wonder, etc. Lots of keyboard on that stuff.

You're back now so lets see a new pic of you and your toys.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Awesome man.
Can't say no either.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
I don't know if this is helpful to you, but this is the way I do it. I create the songs in BB. If I need to tweak them, I can do it with Notation and Piano Roll in BB if the instrument is midi. If it is RT or I need to add a part of my own, I can go to RB.

When I have the song done, I save it to an SD card that I use in my Jam Man looper. One card holds at least two sets. The looper is always at my feet so it is easy to work with. My sets are pretty well-planned. I keep a list of the locations of the loops in case I want to make a change. The Jam Man has a stereo out if you want to run stereo live (I don't).

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.
RealBand
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Hey Bob,
Good to hear from you as well. You still gigging?
I've since dumped all the analog mixers and drive rack stuff. Now using a 16x4 digital stage box. Mixer on my computer and a tablet.
Going to upgrade lights as well to led.
Sure glad that in music school it was required to intern for s moving company. At 66 loading in/out and setup/tear down is tough duty but it's still worth it.

Glad to hear you have your gigging issues worked out. I'm also interested in learning more of your live stage setup.

"I usually use abt 10 tracks in RB. They are all assigned to one of 8 audio outs of my interface to one of 8 channels of my digital stage box. Mixer is software on the computer and my sound persons tablet. They mix me from FOH. I sing and play bass live. One RB track goes to the computers headphone output to provide chord data for my harmonizer.Another RB track is midi data that goes, via a virtual midi cable to QLITE controller program which is for lighting. I built a USB to DMX adapter box to drive my lighting dimmer packs."

If you don't mind my asking, which digital stage box are you using and how are you routing your setup? Which software are you mixing with on the computer and tablet? Are you completely wireless or using ethernet? Thanks for your time.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I Build the songs in RealBand.I don't use the so called "BB" tracks. Just plain tracks. My focus is having a consistent sound like a Real Band regardless of the song. I use an ESI Gigaport HD audio interface.It is 8 outputs, no inputs.
I assign tracks like this.
1. Drums
2. Kick
3. solos
4. horns
5. acoustic guitars
6. electric guitars
7. Piano
8. Organ
These 8 outs go to 8 ins on my Behringer xr16 mixer. The xr16 is just a box with 16 inputs, 4 aux outs and 2 main outs. It is controlled by software that connects via wifi.
The headphone out of the computer provides chords to my harmonizer. Not heard
One channel of the mixer is main vocals and two othere channels are harmony vocals.
I also use another track in RB with note data that, using a virtual midi cable, connects to QLite controller which is lighting software.I built a box that converts the lighting cues from usb to DMX512.
The mixer main outs go to my 3000 watt biamped pa. I use in ears out of the mixer.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
BTW the juke box in RB crashed the program again. I bought PT2017 and its been perfect. I would recommend not using RB to play out if your setup is at al complex.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Apprentice
Apprentice
Behringer xr16 mixer. The xr16 is just a box with 16 inputs, 4 aux outs and 2 main outs. It is controlled by software that connects via wifi.

I too use a similar system built by RCF.

http://mixer.rcf.it/rcf-m-series.html

It works and it sounds simply GREAT.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
RealBand
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Thanks for the information on your setup. I thought it was likely a Behringer or similar brand stage box arrangement. The Fx plug-ins and routing options are really nice for almost any situation you'll encounter.

I had an X-32 for a while but it was too large for my studio so I sold it and considered the Air-X-18 to replace it but eventually settled on a SoundCraft signature 22MTK.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi John,

FWIW, after I visited you several years ago, I adapted my song list to your approach (more or less). The difference is that I mixed all audio down to a master track in order to keep processing to a minimum.

That left plenty of overhead for RB to display my chord/lyric sheet and send any MIDI to external devices for patch changes, real time volume and effects controls, harmonies etc.

And, like you, I ended up switching to Power Tracks for playback. It was always rock solid for me, didn't require me to convert everything to another format, and if I needed to tweak a sequence, I could edit my performance file directly in RB then move the result back to my gig folder where PT would open the same SEQ file format. I think that reason alone is enough to justify using PT for my playback software.

At the end of the day, lots of software does almost the same thing. At my age I don't want to reinvent the wheel. If PT is stable for playback and RB is good at putting the sequences I need together, and the same learning curve makes me familiar with both programs at the same time.. I like that.

Glad to have you back on the forum, my friend.

RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
John, does it crash if you take the multiply outputs out of the equation? I remember fighting with my 8 out firewire MOTU stuff a few years ago. There is that slight nuanced condition of whether the software is crashing or the hardware is crashing it. You have been using this hardware for a while without incident, right? I doubt the hardware has changed so there must be either an OS or a software condition that is causing it. Working backwards, what changed just before the crashing started? Have you tested with a different output just to make sure it is or isn't the software?

Very strange that something working stops working. The difference in my case of the MOTU stuff was that I was adding it and trying something different, so it isn't the same situation.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It was 2 things:
1. The Jukebox has always been flaky but now it crashes the program at times.
2. One of the updates in 2017 set the buffer to 200. That's what caused me the biggest headache. I set it to 4000 and all is well.

I'm using PT 2017 to play out with. Much better and more stable.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,564
Posts734,442
Members38,492
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
VIPBET사설토토, GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE
38,491 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185