You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#437630 - 11/12/17 03:07 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar?
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Merkaz, Israel
Title says it all.

Thanks in advance!

#437646 - 11/12/17 06:26 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Pick a style, mute the guitar track,start at a slow tempo, and practice your chords with that backing track.

Start simple, say a three chord blues.

Play one fingering until you are comfortable with it. Repeat it in all keys, transpose is your friend here.

Then repeat the process using another fingering until you have mastered them all.

Then start mixing chord fingerings using as little movement as you can with your fretting hand.

I hope this helps.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#437666 - 11/12/17 08:11 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
cooltouch Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Houston, Texas
There's probably a way to set things up in BiaB. I would start by entering individual notes on the staff (in edit mode) that correspond to the notes in the CAGED system for a single chord -- say C for example -- and see where that gets me.

Or you could go visit YouTube and watch the several videos on the subject. Here's a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhrGeolItvw

And over on the right side of the screen you'll see a bunch of videos on the same subject. Plenty to watch.

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/michaelmcbroom/albums

#437682 - 11/12/17 09:41 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Try this,

Set up a chord sequence of five bars with each chord sequentially laid out, C C C C C, A A A A A, G G G G G, E E E E E and finally D D D D D. For each bar play the corresponding chord in a different position on the neck. Set a slow tempo

Then play the corresponding arpeggio over each bar.

Then play the corresponding pentatonic scale over each bar in each of the five positions.

Then play the corresponding mode in each position.

Then increase the tempo and repeat. grin
SoundCloud

#437765 - 11/12/17 11:55 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for all you excellent advice guys! :-)

#437768 - 11/13/17 12:06 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar? [Re: MusicStudent]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Try this,

Set up a chord sequence of five bars with each chord sequentially laid out, C C C C C, A A A A A, G G G G G, E E E E E and finally D D D D D. For each bar play the corresponding chord in a different position on the neck. Set a slow tempo

Then play the corresponding arpeggio over each bar.

Then play the corresponding pentatonic scale over each bar in each of the five positions.

Then play the corresponding mode in each position.

Then increase the tempo and repeat. grin

This is pure frikkin' gold. grin

Thank you, kind stranger!

#437900 - 11/14/17 04:48 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar? [Re: DeaconBlues09]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
SoundCloud

#438784 - 11/19/17 02:20 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Any ideas as to how I can best utilize BIAB to learn the CAGED system for guitar? [Re: MusicStudent]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for the post :-)

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27831 Members
51 Forums
52998 Topics
439871 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Alan Herring, boblev, JohnMaxwell, yeto, Damian Lluch

27831 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 146