Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#437481 - 11/10/17 09:18 PM [User Showcase] A Feeling For The Blues
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

I've been offline a while. Had to replace my computer. Took a while to get everything set up and ready to go. I've got several new songs in the works, but this is a brand new song. It's the first time a BIAB style has inspired one, though. I hope everyone likes it.

A Feeling For The Blues

A Feeling For The Blues

It's not funny, but it seems
you leave a trail of broken dreams
and you wear them
like they were diamonds in your crown
you took away my right to choose
now I've got nothing more to lose
you're the reason I've got a feeling for the blues

chorus
Just when I think I can face the world alone
you waltz right back into my life
now I'm feelin like I can't go on
You took every thing that I had to give
and gave me nothing but attitude
You're the reason I've got a feeling for the blues

instrumental break

repeat chorus

tag-You're the reason I've got a feeling for the blues

#437495 - 11/11/17 04:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi gary,

Wow ... I really like this - a lot! This has such universal appeal I can hear several different classic country country singers smoking it: George Jones, Merle Haggard, Hank Jr. That sax lead (which is really sweet) kind of sways me to the merle Haggard thought.

This is a terrific song, Gary. I know that when I click onto one of your songs, I know it's going to be great listen. Your vocal is a little more forward in this one than usual but it fits perfectly. Nice lyric, track selection, arrangement and delivery. You had me thinking back to when I was playing in a band 20 -28 nights a month. We did a lot of this kind of stuff, plus whatever was contemporary at the time.

Thanks for this treat! Wishing you well.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#437496 - 11/11/17 04:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Gary,

Forgot to say that your verse is simply killer. I was going to quote my favorite lines. Then i realized, it was the entire verse. Really nice!

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#437515 - 11/11/17 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
I am with Alan on this one. I so look forward to seeing and hearing your knew posts. I absolutely loved this tune. Awesome vocal and lyric. Sax was very cool

#437545 - 11/11/17 01:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
RnAM Online   content
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Gary,

Really nice song and great sax!
We like the lyrics too.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#437568 - 11/11/17 03:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks so much, Alan. This the first time that I've had one of the BIAB styles suggest a tune. Wish that would happen more often. It almost wrote itself. Thanks again. BTW, I just listened to Room for Cello. What a wonderful piece. I've got two grandsons who play Cello, After this I may see if I can talk them into doing a little freestyle improvisation on something. Be well, Be blessed.

Edited by guitar1 (11/13/17 04:23 PM)

#437569 - 11/11/17 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: Scott C]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks, Scott. I could have used your skills on this one. I'm glad you liked it.

#437570 - 11/11/17 03:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: RnAM]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Rob and Anne Marie. I worked many years ago with a wonderful saxophone player. I can still see him walking back and forth on the bar in one of the clubs we played with an Alto sax in one side of his mouth and a soprano in the other. Needless to say, I will always have an affinity for the sax. Be well, and keep on doing what you do. You are much appreciated.

#437578 - 11/11/17 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Another very strong song, Gary. Very well written. Nice, creative use of the sax on this country blues song. Your vocals always have a hint of George Jones in them. That's a pretty good thing!

Steve

#437813 - 11/13/17 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Excellent stuff!! Very heartfelt vocal, and authentic feel. Everything works well. Another great tune!! Take care. Greg

#437859 - 11/13/17 03:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Nice one, Gary.

A good write. A strong vocal.

For this style song, I think the drums ought to be a bit more subtle. The piano is great...could even turn that up a hair..

fj

#437921 - 11/14/17 07:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Great work here, Gary smile Within the first few bars, it had me swaying. I like how sincere and heartfelt it sounds. The vocal performance is truly stunning. All around, it's just a very well written country tune.

Thanks so much for sharing!

#437925 - 11/14/17 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Loving that feeling!

Nice selection of backing tracks and a fine performance by you.

J&B
J&B Website

#438038 - 11/14/17 05:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: Steve Young]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Steve. I had a ball doing this one. Most don't come as easily as this one did. I listened to a particular BIAB style and it strongly suggested this melody. Funny you should mention the George Jones thing. I have had many people say that very thing, but the odd thing is. I don't hear that inflection, or whatever it is. My ears are not what they use to be, and I never really sang in public till I was fifty or so. A couple of oohs and ahs when I was playing in bands, but I never considered myself a singer. I guess I never will. However I work cheap. Thanks again Steve. I value your input.

#438041 - 11/14/17 05:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: Greg Johnson]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Greg. I enjoyed doing this one. It came so easy, I didn't have time to agonize over whether this or that was right. I just went along for the ride. Any way, enough said about that. Thanks again. Be well, live long and laugh much.

#438043 - 11/14/17 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: floyd jane]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thank so much Floyd. I have trouble hearing certain frequencies and it gives me a real headache sometimes.
I am so prone to getting my drum track too loud or too prominent. It is good to have some input from others to help getting that under control. Thanks a bunch. Don't go deaf, It's a real bummer.

#438059 - 11/14/17 07:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Do I hear a touch of Willy here?
Another one of your tunes that sounds like an old classic.
Great stuff. Rob

#438074 - 11/14/17 07:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
Love the song. Nice and bluesy. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

#438226 - 11/15/17 05:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: Rob4580]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Rob. I think everyone I ever listened to, at one time or another comes out in my cornpone delivery. I've never tried to sound like any one person, but I guess in the end, the styles that I've always loved all contain some elements of the voices that delivered them. The names of singers that I have listen to and admired for so many years will always be in my mind when I do a certain type of song. If something that I do reminds someone, just a little, of any of those voices, then I am most certainly proud. Rob, I thank you again. I will always be a throwback, but that, I feel is not such a bad thing.
Be well.

#438733 - 11/18/17 04:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Feeling For The Blues [Re: guitar1]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

I usually like to thank each and every person that comments on my posts individually, but I am just running out of time. We are in the process of loading up the motorhome for our winter trip. I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and comments and suggestions. I really appreciate you all. We will probably be out of touch for a while. Thanks again and we'll see you down the road.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
YouTube Find - Live Recording of Casa Di Amore Performance using Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Wow - check out this audio recording of a live performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! Click here to watch...

While you're there, take a look at Rick's YouTube channel - ALL of the recordings from their Casa Di Amore playlist include Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!
(These were all recorded during their 2005 performance at Casa Di Amore in Las Vegas Nevada.)

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Forum Stats
27840 Members
57 Forums
53094 Topics
440713 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jones30, alicetaylor, Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 135