Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
I just wanna say publicly how much I appreciate forum user Pipeline!

Pipeline has been such a positive force here, not only raising great questions to improve the products but in providing actual solutions to users like me.

I had a great lead guitar section in a song that I did not want to lose but I had not used the DI option when generating the track. No one here knew of any solution but Pipeline stepped in and gave me a hack that allowed me to get every bit of the lead part as DI!

And that is just one example! This is a user who puts in quite a lot of effort to offer up not just wishlist items but actual solutions that can provide the template for the ultimate solutions.

So, THANK YOU Pipeline for all of your contributions to this forum! You make the forum a better place and your efforts are making the products better as well!

Veteran
Veteran
I wholeheartedly agree. Pipeline is most definitely a very valuable asset to these forums!

His knowledge is extraordinary and his use of it involves some of the most flexible and lateral thinking I've ever seen.

I'm glad you mentioned this, John smile

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, I appreciate Pipeline a lot.

If only he wasn't so dang ornery sometimes.. <grin>

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Noel96
I wholeheartedly agree. Pipeline is most definitely a very valuable asset to these forums!

His knowledge is extraordinary and his use of it is involves some of the most flexible and lateral thinking I've ever seen.

I'm glad you mentioned this, John smile

Noel, you are another awesome forum person too! I learn something every time you answer a question for someone! Thanks for all you do and for being such a nice guy too!

Expert
Expert
There are many fine contributors on this forum and have been so for many years

jazzman

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Zoo computer with 7i processor- SSD 1TB -2TB HDD
Roland keyboards
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Thanks all !
The only reason I'm here is after finding ReallTracks/Drums when they were first released, Totally Awesome ! I found the software was letting me down many times when creating up the music with artists. After a time doing this I put that on hold to concentrated on trying to get the software improved by pushing things but as I found out it is verrrry sloooooow at happening, though it has come a long way it is very frustrating. But going through all that for years n years has worn me down, from suggesting nicely so many times what needs doing but getting negative responses when it should be plainly recognized, no brainer, and implemented like in other forums: find bugs, suggest features > implemented, that's a pleasure to work with as it flows and is positive creativity !!!!, but here users can see it as an attack rather than constructive criticism and be very protective and defensive with negative responses and this is what I think holds it back from moving to a PRO level, I'm sorry but maybe that's why I loose it at times and snap.

I go out of my way to help users that come here no matter what the problem and there are other user that do the same, but negativity and defensiveness about the software can be a KILLER and put new forum users off like biab lost me a steady gig by jim graves attacking what you think to be a troll won't hurt the troll but it would a real person, that turned out to be a REAL person that has not returned, and I have seen this happen so many times over the years. They need to stop attacking and lift up their consciousness to a higher sensitive level, don't wait till you leave this world or have a heart attack, find yourself looking down on your body then watch your life replay from a higher conscious/peace/love level to work out where we went good and where we went no so good and only then GET IT an learn, do it now.

All I want to do is get back to the music production side full time with some incredible rock solid reliable software to do it with, a Professional cross-platform 64bit software that reflects the REAL as in REAL INSTRUMENTS REAL STUDIO not cartoon graphics coming out of a computer.
I think this will be the final year for me, then I can go home, fingers crossed, music lifts me up !!!! but pushing here year after year and giving out so much has just worn me down. Maybe that's what happened to Mac ?????

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Pipeline, I totally feel ya! But things have really improved around here and it is in large part because of people like you that I stick around.

When I first arrived here in 2012 it felt like there was a dominant clique that controlled the conversation and anyone questioning the software or the company or the forum was discouraged even if their ideas were reasonable. But that has improved with actual serious conversations about product improvement taking place now.

And to be fair there are now, and always have been, a lot of really fine people here who make tremendous contributions in answering questions, sharing resources, sharing their expertise and so on. As I complete my 5th year here I just wish I could contribute more but alas I am still a novice BIAB user who only uses the most basic functions of the program before jumping to my DAW to make my songs.

Honestly, without this forum I would never have bought BIAB in the first place. And without this forum I would never have continued using it due to its complexity and marginal documentation.

So, hats off to you and most other forum folk who help us achieve amazing things with this terrific software! I hope you stick around here forever!

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
So I just went and read through the thread Pipeline mentioned. At first I thought it was an old thread but I see it is quite recent.

There are lots of helpful tips in that thread but many of them are also snarky or downright nasty. Kinda reads like a Mean Girls script.

Repetitive negative comments blaming the poster are totally unhelpful. And then jumping quickly to calling the poster a troll is some seriously bad forum etiquette. Some hateful folks even decided to mock the poster by addressing him as "Jimmy" and "son". I am always amused when some folks call this the most friendly forum; they obviously have not experienced many forums!

But Pipeline, you help make this a better place with kindness and knowledge. So Thanks again!! (and please stay!)

Expert
Expert
Pipeline

You are correct about users here see it as an attack rather than constructive criticism.

I have read this forum back to god only knows when, in order to find the (how to this and how to that),Rather than post.

I feel sometimes my posts are not received well not all but some.

And while I was reading past posts, I noticed a lot of newbies coming and going and they way they where received or not, some with a real talent for writing and performing some excellent songs.

And it seems if their is no new blood then it becomes stale and stagnant.

I am not complaining in any shape or form, just agreeing on some issues you have raised.

But yes big +1 (and please stay!).

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Veteran
Veteran
Love your tech inputs even the ones that require 2 or 3 3rd party $$$ add-ons ($60 here and $100 there adds up after a while - just look at U.S.A. Debt) grin

BUT come on Pipeline WHAT ATTACKS - now whos being unfair!

Initially in his one, and ONLY POST "JIM" gave NO DETAILS whatsoever he basically said "it's broke and I lost a job" - WTFO!

When asked for details he never came back and gave any. So that's when the query (not attacks) about his begin a troll started. But you have to admit in any forum on the web a single post about a product in that products forum that essentially says "it's broke" will get some hackles up on that forum if there are NO supporting DETAILS whatsoever.

He can't be that much of a snowflake? Yes NOW I'm being mean, no wonder restaurant won't let him back, he has no spine.

Minor and FRIENDLY "troll" probing aside WE ALL TOLD HIM in general:

1) WE NEEDED DETAILS

2) if GIGGING "K.I.S.S"

3) if GIGGING - HAVE BACKUPs!

4) IF GIGGING - HAVE A BACKUP PLAN!

We'd have helped had he comeback.

But no we couldn't have gotten his gig back, unless he expected a forum member to make the venue owner a "offer he couldn't refuse?" - I don't do that kind of work anymore whistle )

FYI Yanni (like him or not) gigs with 30+ Korg Kromes (and about HALF are backups)!

https://descargar.one/watch?v=CWrSnMCk72U go to around 2:40

I gigged in the 60's and learned EARLY to buy and bring extra guitar, amp, tubes, fuses, strings, mics, cables, picks, and I WAS dirt POOR ....

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Expert
Expert
There have been forum users in the last 20 years that have made great contributions only then to believe that they sort of own the forum

When needed PG Music has stepped in to even suspend offending contributors

Will we miss them - I doubt it, as there are many fine and helpful contributors to the forum with vast knowledge

I also use many forums and they all have the same downside of a few agitators/know what's best etc. - but everyone is entitled to their opinion

When I make a recording or play at a gig my first priority is the best sound and arrangement possible and as Larry states - a comprehensive back up plan.

Personally I don't care about "trendy" program presentation just because someone else has it.

Each year I get better results from this magnificent program

We must respect that PG Music is running a business and do most things very well and I am sure they would have considered all suggestions before adopting or not - in fact they have surprised us on many occasions by pulling rabbits out of the hat

To create and enjoy music is a wonderful feeling and so rewarding

jazzman

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Zoo computer with 7i processor- SSD 1TB -2TB HDD
Roland keyboards
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

I think this will be the final year for me, then I can go home, fingers crossed, music lifts me up !!!! but pushing here year after year and giving out so much has just worn me down. Maybe that's what happened to Mac ?????

What did happen to Mac..? He was very knowledgeable and helpful... I liked Mac.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Veteran
Veteran
A lot of us miss him.

I really liked Mac - after a few private PM's back and forth, and these were just before he quit posting I found out we were very much alike (tech background, politics, ..) with one exception, he is a music PRO and had real tangible talent. I'm a hack and do it for personal fun and truly suck at it (I'm great in my own mind smile )

As to what happened there are a few folks here that are/were close to Mac (I am not one), and they know for sure but have never stated publicly what or why.

I seem to remember a post (no names) that alluded to a serious illness but....

Larry

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Jazzman
Not impressed - dull and lifeless

jazzman

There have been forum users in the last 20 years that have made great contributions only then to believe that they sort of own the forum

When needed PG Music has stepped in to even suspend offending contributors.........

jazzman

JM sorry if I have offended you in any way, you have dropped enough hints. I will leave now.

Veteran
Veteran

Jazzman, I wonder why you made this particular comment in this thread, given the title of the thread, and that it refers to a specific member?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
C
Expert
Expert
C
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
I just wanna say publicly how much I appreciate forum user Pipeline!

Pipeline has been such a positive force here, not only raising great questions to improve the products but in providing actual solutions to users like me.

I had a great lead guitar section in a song that I did not want to lose but I had not used the DI option when generating the track. No one here knew of any solution but Pipeline stepped in and gave me a hack that allowed me to get every bit of the lead part as DI!

And that is just one example! This is a user who puts in quite a lot of effort to offer up not just wishlist items but actual solutions that can provide the template for the ultimate solutions.

So, THANK YOU Pipeline for all of your contributions to this forum! You make the forum a better place and your efforts are making the products better as well!

+1, absolutely

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Veteran
Veteran
I wondered how the wheels fell off of this thread as it was rolling along. Started out as a testimony and peer recognition of Pipeline's contribution. Things continued for a bit as others came on-board and offered their endorsement and congratulations.

All was going well, until... The Award Acceptance Speech!

Jeeze Pipeline, after a obligatory "thanks guys", you immediately proceeded on a rant to drill the forum a new one. Sorry guy, that is how I saw it. Made us all look bad when folks were trying to do a good thing. A little more up-beat would have gone a long way when your peers are recognizing your long and valued contribution.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
yes a big Thanks to Pipeline for all the knowledge passed on in these forums. I really enjoy the posts.

yes I miss the posts from Mac too, not to mention Solidrock another poster who seemed to have an in-depth knowledge of the program.

Solidrock totally disappeared from the forums about two years ago, a pity because he/she together with Pipeline would have been a real techie powerhouse team together on here.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 11/20/17 04:39 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Veteran
Veteran
Don't forget Noel, John F., and Matt. For many years they along with Mac have been most helpful also with their combined knowledge of BIAB and more recently Videotrack.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Don't forget Noel, John F., and Matt. For many years they along with Mac have been most helpful also with their combined knowledge of BIAB and more recently Videotrack.

Yep goes without saying a big thanks to them too, not to mention your good self.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,735
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193