Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Off-Topic
F.M.M. Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
hi guys i have been a user for a long time so sad they are not going to develope sonars and products so sad for the sonar team eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Whoa.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well after just downloading Sonar Home Studio less than a week ago, and really surprised how good it is, this is a surprising announcement.

I take it they will keep all the products and serials downloads on the site, or will they/

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
whoa is right

Even though I've weened (well weening) off of it this is going to cause a lot of nervous folks issues/ulcers and start all kinds of rumors.

What that announcement didn't say was whether CAKEWALK would as a subdivision would be cut loose, sold off, or folded-up. I suspect it will be still be around but under new ownership of one kind or another or sold-off/bought by old rivals (e.g., Steinberg/Yamaha) who can take parts that shore up the weaker parts of their own product.

All those that think they know how to write real-time DAW SW better than the next guy - here's your chance

(OK I can't resist: So much for "lieftime.")
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Nothing when you go on the website and go to account , I got an email to upgrade or pay 1 year for updates.

Weird one !

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
from cakewalk forum

Cakewalk Announcement
After 30 years of Cakewalk's long and illustrious history, I am saddened to announce that we ceased new product development and reduced overall operations this past Friday. You can read the formal announcement from Gibson here, which states that this decision was made in order to align with the company’s acquisition strategy, focused on growth in the global consumer electronics audio business.

Working at Cakewalk has been an incredibly positive experience for all of us who worked here. This can largely be attributed to the incredible people who worked here, past and present. I've been at Cakewalk 19 years and I've never come across a more dedicated and talented group of people. Our greatest motivation was the joy in producing software for an astonishingly passionate base of artists, musicians and producers who used our software to create music on a daily basis.

So what does this mean for you, our loyal customers who've been with us all these years? Cakewalk's servers will continue to operate, you will still have access to all of your online assets, and your software will continue to work normally. A dedicated team has been established during this transition period to continue to serve the Cakewalk community. Monthly updates to SONAR from Cakewalk will however cease during this time. We will continue to post notifications to keep you informed with any relevant developments. A sincere thank you to everyone in the Cakewalk community.

Sincerely,
Noel Borthwick,
CTO, Cakewalk

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well.... that bites.

I;m thinking they will do a spin off since there's a solid recording platform that lots of people love and use. Although...... I could be wrong and this is just the beginning of the end for the beloved Cakewalk line.

Never fear, it will keep working, until it doesn't, and then there will always be another DAW to use..... and perhaps RB will rise to the occasion to fill the void.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Time to buy Pro Tools.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Time to buy Pro Tools.

gahhhhhh! I'll keep Sonar going as long as possible.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Time to buy Pro Tools.
Goodness, no. But there are other choices.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Time to buy Pro Tools.
Goodness, no. But there are other choices.

Concur on that one

And to GuitarHacker - the next "neato" Win 10 "Feature" update (that no one asked for) this spring could bring Sonar, as it sits, to a halt or begin to cause intermittent "hiccups," without CW developers staying on top of the ever changing OS mods (they ain't all about or for OS security and OS integrity)

=========
on soapbox:

I really wish MS would knock off the feature updates (feature updates should ALL be optional and immaterial to underlying OS framework and security base code).

Security patches and preemptive mods are great! FEATURE MODS not so much (from a business user/support developer perspective)

off soapbox

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Well.... that bites. I;m thinking they will do a spin off since there's a solid recording platform that lots of people love and use. Although...... I could be wrong and this is just the beginning of the end for the beloved Cakewalk line.

I kind of agree with that guess and hope you are correct....guess we'll see.
I began with Twelve Tone Systems back in 1994 with Cakewalk 3.0 and purchased every upgrade.
I have always felt confident in recommending their DAW platform.

I'm on X3 and was not interested in going with the new subscription paradigm a year or two ago.
I'm 70 so X3 with happily outlive me for my uses.
I would never go the Pro Tools route for a couple reasons and I think their are many other viable choices for those just starting out.

I'm sad to see this occurring but I guess that's the nature of this ever changing industry.

Carry on....

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There will come a day when all the others have stopped supporting or producing and only Pro Tools will be left standing. What then?

Once Steve helped me get my Focusrite to play nice with Pro Tools, it is glorious. It is simple to use and is the industry standard. The automation tunnels, the sub grouping... it's great. My timing was exquisite though, buying it just as I was pretty much saying goodbye to music. I just don't get why you all hate it so much. Because to hobbyists it is relatively expensive? By that logic, you should also play a guitar that came from Toys'R'Us because it is cheap.

I wonder how many people who hate Pro Tools have never tried it beyond one short test song, possibly never tried it, or because it was too expensive to buy and then if you hate it you are out $600? Every kid who loves Brussels Sprouts now had to be convinced to try that first sprout... It's only money, and nobody here seems to be all that destitute, not when I read posts about $4500 keyboard purchases.

I mean, I don't care what anybody else does, but you guys cling to this software like a bear protecting her cubs. I remember the onslaught I got a few years back from one guy telling my why I just HAD to try Reaper and I would love it. Why? Because YOU like it? I see this in every field. What people are comfortable with suddenly becomes THE BEST. All I am saying is that the studio industry standard is Pro Tools, I bought a copy, I took a class to demystify it, and now I like it, though I rarely use it (or anything else) anymore. None of them are Real Band, which writes and plays music for me.

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/21/17 11:09 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
There will come a day when all the others have stopped supporting or producing and only Pro Tools will be left standing. What then?

Ha....good question.....I'll have returned to star dust by then. smile

If you were addressing my comment?
I don't hate Pro Tools and all competitors in this market have their place with dedicated users.
PT is just too much money, too proprietary from my standpoint.
I'm not a professional musician any more anyway and no one is knocking on my door telling me how great my song writing drivel is.

If I had to learn a new DAW I'd try some demos of the more cost effective ones to see which interface/workflow that felt intuitive to me.
Plenty of 3rd party add-on's to select where the new DAW of choice is limited.
But, that's just me....to each their own.

Like yourself, I don't have the same verve and drive in the musical sense since I was able to finish my last (5) songs thanks to BIAB.

Back to it....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 11/21/17 11:20 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Several replies to my first post that mentioned (the dreaded) Pro Tools would along the lines of "Anything but Pro Tools". I just wonder why everybody hates it. The first thing I hear about is the price, and I will agree that $600 can sound expensive, but the cost of anything is relative to the resources of the person making the purchase. I bought it from Sweetwater and got 2 years same as cash so I paid $50 a month until it was paid for. I sure didn't need it, as I am probably the least active musician on this system. But for me it was a new thing to learn, a new challenge, so I bought it and took a course at Kent State and found that once I got past some initial setup things and got used to some terminology, it is very good. Industry standards become so for a reason, no? Houses are all built with the studs 16 inches on center for a reason, and I suspect that the reason might be that 16 inches is the best option for structure. Some rogue carpenter might build his house with the studs 32 inches on center if he wants to, but if it collapses..... That is a strange example, I know, but all I am asking is why people hold their nose at the very mention of Pro Tools. One down side is that it takes a rocket sauce computer to run WELL, though it will run on minimum level requirement computers, it will spit and stutter. In my case, it gave me a reason to buy an i& with 64gb of RAM and a high end video card, as well as a shiny new HP monitor. Not that I've ever really needed reasons to buy more computers....

Off-Topic
T
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
T
I was honestly quite surprised to hear this news myself, I know quite a few people who use Cakewalk products.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Several replies to my first post that mentioned (the dreaded) Pro Tools would along the lines of "Anything but Pro Tools". I just wonder why everybody hates it.

ProTools is as un-intuitive (initially for me anyway) as RB/PT/Reaper.
They all require some learning.

One of the choices above costs much more, and to be honest the trade-off of features is arguable once you know them.

ProTools can do things RB/PT/BiaB/Reaper cannot, but the reverse is also true.
If you can afford it, get/use all the tools you can.
They are all just 'tools' at our disposal and discretion.

Ozone is expensive too, but it makes just as much difference in RB as it does in ProTools ..
Know yer tools, and select the best path for you.
Apparently Sonar isn't going to be the best option as an alternative soon.
Plenty of others still available.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well this sucks! But Cakewalk has been through this before, remember Roland?

The ironic thing is back when Gibson bought Cakewalk I said on the Cakewalk forums that I hope Gibson doesn't abandon it like they did Vision. Vision was ahead of its time back then IMO. The response I got was no they will not. Well they did!

I used Cakewalk's ProAudio 9 for years, Sonar 5 for years so it looks like I will be using the latest Sonar Platinum for years to come.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, the studios I work in use Pro Tools but only because they feel they have to. It’s expected by clients who don’t know better, and it is a standard that makes it easy to transfer files between studios. But the engineers who use it daily swear at it all the time. It is not stable.

In my limited experience with using it, I found it quite user UNfriendly compared to SONAR, Digital Performer and Studio One. I don’t use a DAW all day every day and would be totally lost using Pro Tools.

But that’s all just an opinion, since you asked.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195