Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
I too have sometimes found RealBand a little flaky. It will sometimes crash unexpectedly but I have never used it in a gig situation. I am slightly in awe of the complex setups described here. I have sometimes used my large format iPad Pro for gigs with backing tracks. I have the music display app forScore which means I have words and music on display. Also good as I don’t need music stand light since I am using an iPad. With forScore you can associate any file with a wave or mp3. This means you have the music up and simply click controls to start playback. You control the output level from theiPad too and it will even turn pages back and forward for you at the right place in the audio track which is cool. Saves having to take huge files of music around as you can put all your music on the iPad. I plug the output of the iPad into my keyboard which then supplies it to my mixer. All nice and simple which suits me!

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You seem familiar. This would be awesome. I have always prefered dedicated hardware. Its just that I headed down the RB trail.Do you think it would be easy or real tedious to transfer all the songs. Too bad it can't read *.seq files.
BTW my music computer is only used for RB, BIAB, PT, and qlite. Never goes on the internet.

Last edited by silvertones; 11/15/17 05:30 AM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Guitarhacker I will apologize to you as i don't no you. I have been a LONG time Forum contributer, Beta tester and all round techno crazy guy. To start off a post with a condescending statement pissed me off pure and simple.
Ive answered those questions ad nauseum for nubes and was never condescending.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Awesome box. I downloaded the manual. Getting 4000 tracks in it would be a challenge. At 66 I can't remember 300 songs and counting so lyrics and chords are needed for reference. Not dependent on them but nice to be able to glance.Weve all had the problem of stepping up to sing a song weve done a thousand times and cant remember the first line.
Relistically I need to stay with RB to compose and Power Tracks to play back.
PS I still love PGMUSIC and their products.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: silvertones
Guitarhacker I will apologize to you as i don't no you. I have been a LONG time Forum contributer, Beta tester and all round techno crazy guy. To start off a post with a condescending statement pissed me off pure and simple.
Ive answered those questions ad nauseum for nubes and was never condescending.

accepted.... and yeah I get it. I'm a bit quick on the trigger at times. We had just had a similar kind of thread.

No problem.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Cool

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
The above thread demonstrates why this is a cool place to hang out (to me).

'Friends' can say things to each other here, and it does not end up turning into your typical forum/Fark thread.
Makes me stick around still.
People are honestly just trying to help each other.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yes I agree

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Gig Friday went great. Not a hickup.Even used RB version 8.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Just an observation. I don't do a lot of gigs but I have been using RealBand for gigs for a long time and I have never really had any problem, except for one quirk of the Jukebox. How I would normally set up the computer would be to have folders labeled as set 1, set 2 etc. and I would create a Jukebox file for each set. The Jukebox file would reside in each set folder. If I created my sets and jukebox files on my main studio computer and transferred to my laptop for gigging, then the Jukebox would crash on the laptop. I discovered that the Jukebox program writes a file, with a JUK extension, in the RealBand folder and if that file was there from a previous gig, then RealBand would crash when I tried to load my new Jukebox file in my Set folder. If I deleted the old file with the .JUK extension in the RealBand folder then my new Jukebox files in my set folders would load no problem. Ever since I figured this out I have had no problems. I don't know why this file is written into the Realband folder but I hope this helps. Perhaps PG Music can answer this.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
All seems well. I've done 3 gigs without issues. I have been making sure to delete all songs from the Jukebox before closing.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi John, great to see you again and I still have those files you sent me.

Pipeline and Guitarhacker your comments are understandable but you don't know who Silvertones is. He's a total pro level user just like you guys are and knows as much about these programs as anybody. I don't know if the forum goes back that far but try to find his posts about performing live with Power Tracks about 4 years ago. After a lot of trial and error he created one helluva live setup because he wanted total multitrack control over each instrument.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
I
Expert
Expert
I
I've been using an iPod touch with all my backing tracks stored onto it since I bought one and it's been working for me so far. I do not have worry about my Mac crashing or having to take 5 minutes just to find the next track I want to play. I also use backing tracks that were either given to me or came included with sheet music I bought, and I sometimes make my own backing tracks when I need to have my parts to be precisely laid out note for note.

P.S. I don't own a PC so I can't use RealBand and PG Music has no intention of including RealBand for Mac even though the vast majority of audio productions is done on a Mac. My school has a production lab that only uses Macs.

Last edited by Islansoul; 11/28/17 09:13 AM.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Bob,
Good to hear from you as well. You still gigging?
I've since dumped all the analog mixers and drive rack stuff. Now using a 16x4 digital stage box. Mixer on my computer and a tablet.
Going to upgrade lights as well to led.
Sure glad that in music school it was required to intern for s moving company. At 66 loading in/out and setup/tear down is tough duty but it's still worth it.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Gigging, oh yeah. You know how it is with us warhorses, I just can't say no. I have 5 coming up for December but only one is a jazz gig. Those have dried up but I'm back to my classic rock roots doing Santana, Joe Cocker, the Doors, SRV, Stevie Wonder, etc. Lots of keyboard on that stuff.

You're back now so lets see a new pic of you and your toys.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Awesome man.
Can't say no either.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
I don't know if this is helpful to you, but this is the way I do it. I create the songs in BB. If I need to tweak them, I can do it with Notation and Piano Roll in BB if the instrument is midi. If it is RT or I need to add a part of my own, I can go to RB.

When I have the song done, I save it to an SD card that I use in my Jam Man looper. One card holds at least two sets. The looper is always at my feet so it is easy to work with. My sets are pretty well-planned. I keep a list of the locations of the loops in case I want to make a change. The Jam Man has a stereo out if you want to run stereo live (I don't).

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.
RealBand
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: silvertones
Hey Bob,
Good to hear from you as well. You still gigging?
I've since dumped all the analog mixers and drive rack stuff. Now using a 16x4 digital stage box. Mixer on my computer and a tablet.
Going to upgrade lights as well to led.
Sure glad that in music school it was required to intern for s moving company. At 66 loading in/out and setup/tear down is tough duty but it's still worth it.

Glad to hear you have your gigging issues worked out. I'm also interested in learning more of your live stage setup.

"I usually use abt 10 tracks in RB. They are all assigned to one of 8 audio outs of my interface to one of 8 channels of my digital stage box. Mixer is software on the computer and my sound persons tablet. They mix me from FOH. I sing and play bass live. One RB track goes to the computers headphone output to provide chord data for my harmonizer.Another RB track is midi data that goes, via a virtual midi cable to QLITE controller program which is for lighting. I built a USB to DMX adapter box to drive my lighting dimmer packs."

If you don't mind my asking, which digital stage box are you using and how are you routing your setup? Which software are you mixing with on the computer and tablet? Are you completely wireless or using ethernet? Thanks for your time.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I Build the songs in RealBand.I don't use the so called "BB" tracks. Just plain tracks. My focus is having a consistent sound like a Real Band regardless of the song. I use an ESI Gigaport HD audio interface.It is 8 outputs, no inputs.
I assign tracks like this.
1. Drums
2. Kick
3. solos
4. horns
5. acoustic guitars
6. electric guitars
7. Piano
8. Organ
These 8 outs go to 8 ins on my Behringer xr16 mixer. The xr16 is just a box with 16 inputs, 4 aux outs and 2 main outs. It is controlled by software that connects via wifi.
The headphone out of the computer provides chords to my harmonizer. Not heard
One channel of the mixer is main vocals and two othere channels are harmony vocals.
I also use another track in RB with note data that, using a virtual midi cable, connects to QLite controller which is lighting software.I built a box that converts the lighting cues from usb to DMX512.
The mixer main outs go to my 3000 watt biamped pa. I use in ears out of the mixer.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
BTW the juke box in RB crashed the program again. I bought PT2017 and its been perfect. I would recommend not using RB to play out if your setup is at al complex.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200