Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#441966 12/01/17 03:43 PM
Beginners Forum
S
OP Offline
S
I've spent well over an hour trying to get line based lyrics entered into a song and am still nowhere... I've watched the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joU7xrWDXbQ and found it next to useless. It's four years old. Once I open the Notation window there is no "beige" editing area referred to in the video. I have been able to add NOTE based text but that is not what I'm after. Is there a guide somewhere to doing something which should be simple?

saxmaniac #441986 12/01/17 05:14 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Which version of BIAB are you using? I thought that line based lyrics were not supported anymore in recent versions and older files needed to be converted to bar based lyrics.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
saxmaniac #441988 12/01/17 05:17 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
As John says, line-based lyrics haven't been used by the program for a couple of years. The video that you watched is relevant to pre-2015 versions of BIAB (if I recall correctly).

If you are running a recent version of BIAB, it's bar-based lyrics that are now used.

For a detailed explanation of bar-based lyrics go to 25:00 minutes on the below Youtube clip at PG Music Inc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCRt2hQ137M

Also, the Big Lyrics Window might be useful for you too when it comes to display chords and lyrics.

Lastly, there's a Lyric Document Window that allows for the lyrics to be displayed in a text document format.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
jford #442009 12/01/17 06:41 PM
Beginners Forum
S
OP Offline
S
Hi John, Noel. Yes, I'm using BIAB 2017 for Mac. Ummmm, it seems to me that it might have been a good idea for BIAB to either pull that video down and replace it with something more up-to-date / relevant. I found it (the video) on the support page and ended up battling for a long time to get it to do something that it no longer does. I'll follow up by looking at that video you linked to Noel. Thanks, Darrin

saxmaniac #442011 12/01/17 07:20 PM
Beginners Forum
S
OP Offline
S
Ok thanks Noel, I took a look at that video - it did help in that I did manage to get lyrics in using it (bar by bar). Ive bookmarked it for further reference on other matters that without doubt will arise. (e.g. now that I've got the lyrics in I've spend 40 minutes trying to get the lyrics to increase in size in the lead sheet. Nothing I do in the lead sheet / notation windows - including the options window which has options that appear to be for use with formatting the lead sheet seem to have any affect whatsoever. I can cause change on other elements in the lead sheet (font on other elements of the page) but not the lyrics. They're so small as to be almost unreadable.
This program (BIAB) appears to have a ton of features but coming to grips with it is like pulling teeth...

saxmaniac #442113 12/02/17 10:02 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Darrin,

Glad to read we're getting somewhere.

Now to make the bar-lyrics text bigger....

Although I use BIAB (Windows), I suspect the process is the same for you on BIAB (Mac).

Go to the link below to a post that I created in 'Tips and Tricks'. This will help.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=442115&#Post442115

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
saxmaniac #448444 01/01/18 10:03 AM
Beginners Forum
L
L
Hi all, thank you for this thread! I keep forgetting how to enter bar lyrics.

If anyone else is in the same boat, here's how, extracted from the video that Noel referenced above.

1) Be sure you are in (normal) “Chord Sheet” view
2) Select with your cursor the first bar you want to add a lyric to
3) Choose Views: Chord Display >> Layers >> Bar Lyrics
4) A space will open up above the selected chord, where you can input text.

saxmaniac #448456 01/01/18 10:49 AM
Beginners Forum
T
T
Hi,

I'm doing the same. However I noticed something strange. I select the lyric box above the chords (as instructed), which changes colour and input lyrics. So lyrics are above the chords. But when I select 'lead sheet' the lyrics are below the chords, which is where I want them. This was really confusing, so I'm now in-putting lyrics 'below' the chord and then when 'lead sheet' is selected, the lyrics are in the same place. Also found that generating an intro 'after' lyric input, works better.

Any explanation would be appreciated. Am I doing it right?

saxmaniac #448495 01/01/18 03:08 PM
Beginners Forum
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
Is there a way to get two lines of lyrics, or to use note based lyrics and bar based lyrics at the same time?

saxmaniac #449260 01/05/18 07:14 AM
Beginners Forum
T
T
Hi All,
I've had to revert to inserting lyrics above the chords as instructed by BIAB Mac, because otherwise it creates problems with generated endings. But as I previously said, when you select the lead sheet, lyrics are in the usual place 'below' the chords - where they should be. Is there any reason why BIAB has made this so confusing? If I'm reading from a printed music sheet, I have to remember to insert lyrics in BIAB in the opposite position!

Terri

saxmaniac #449301 01/05/18 09:40 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Terri,

On the lead sheet with the Windows version of the program, if one prefers the lyrics above the chords so that they match the chord sheet, this is controlled under Print options.

I'm not sure if this is the same on the Mac version but it would be worth having a look at.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
lead sheet lyric position.JPG (39.95 KB, 54 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,392
Posts732,471
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195