You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#442032 - 12/02/17 01:39 AM [Off-Topic] Samplitude Pro X3 Suite
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands
Hi,
Just in case anyone may be interested Magix are offering the full Samplitude Pro X3 Suite with SoundForge and Spectralayers with Melodyne Essential for $149.
Maybe Cakewalk Sonar users could find it useful now Cakewalk is closing.
I have no affiliation with Magix.

http://www.magix.com/index.php?id=24739&...uikyuI1i8dKzA7h

Regards
Brian

#442265 - 12/03/17 04:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Yep, I got that also.

Magix is also the company that bought up Acid Pro, Vegas, and SoundForge (which was actually one of the very first audio editors I used way, way back). Hmmm, maybe they might be eyeing the Cakewalk line to add to their audio offerings repertoire. Who knows?

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#442469 - 12/03/17 10:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Brian, I saw this in the Cakewalk forum but I thank you for posting this anyway. It's probably the best deal of this season and I bought it this morning. I posted it on the Keyboard Corner forum and a group over there snatched it up as well. Seriously this is a $1,400 package for $149. Damn.

I don't know what to think of this. Is business so bad that this is their final attempt for some cash flow before they go under or what? After what happened to Cakewalk anything's possible.

Bob

#442557 - 12/04/17 09:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Loc: Ireland
Thanks for all the info.

I am downloading a trial which I got at,

http://www.magix.com/gb/free-download/samplitude-pro-x/

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#442824 - 12/05/17 12:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: musiclover]
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands
Hi,

The deal certainly is one of the better ones this year, ends tomorrow 6th December depending what side of the world you live. smile
Overloud TH3 have also been very generous for Cakewalk Sonar owners giving new serial numbers (on proof of purchase) so that the TH3 works as a standalone and in other DAWS.

Brian

#442879 - 12/05/17 03:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
musiclover Offline
Expert

There is a deal running for the UK Magix website for £114, but I think that is for an upgrade only.

The other one seems much better.

Think I will pass on it though, as I don't do enough recording to justify buying another DAW, I think anyways its a bit of a marketing hype costing well over $1000 as web search takes up the web price at least half that.

I did download and install the trial, nice and colourful looking GUI, easy to see with these tired old eyes, but for the moment I think I will stay with Cubase and Cakewalk home studio to play around with, as I can find my way around the basics on Cubase and Home studio looks ok as well.

Best of luck to everyone who has bought and will buy it at this knockdown price.

Musiclover

Edited by musiclover (12/05/17 03:31 PM)

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#443255 - 12/07/17 06:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Looks like the sale has been extended to Dec 20th.

http://www.magix.com/index.php?id=24739&...YKQjhOy2axFASZJ

#443333 - 12/07/17 10:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: jford]
Larry Kehl Online   content
Expert

Loc: New Mexico
FYI since it was "cheap" I jumped on it

with a 20mbps DSL connection it took roughly 11+ hours to download the included Independence Pro Sampler content (think of it as their version Kontankt, as Samplitude Pro add-in). and FYI they Independence Pro ad says 70 GB's of content but its more like 64.9 GB's

The whole "suite of suites" registration is weird: Samplitude and SpectraLayers get registered at one Magix site while Soundforge gets register at ANOTHER Magix site (it's a old Sony orphan that's probably why)

some random notes

- This version of Independence Pro, since included as part of Samplitude, ONLY works in Samplitude. The VSTi will not work in any other host or DAW (already tried it, and tried a few hacks - "no joy")

- The included Izotope Mastering & Repair Suite is part of the Soundforge package so you won't see it pop-up in Samplitude.

- Back to independence pro: during Ind. Pro content installation (which can be run manually look for the content installer exe) it asks where to place content - I told it another drive and path but it seemed to ignore that and installed it ALL in to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries"

- when you download the Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SpectraLayers Pro 4 (PC & MAC), SOUND FORGE Pro 11 installers link in the email they send (that has all the serial numbers) they in-turn DOWNLOAD a lot of other installers totaling 32 files at just over 10GB's and that's all placed in:

"C:\Users\username\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager"

Have Fun
Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#443341 - 12/07/17 10:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
jford Online   content
Veteran

I left my computer doing the install this morning and will pick back up when I get home from work.

For the Sound Samples, it picked up a previous location where I had stored Magix content and greyed it out (Native Instruments does that also after initial install).

Looking forward to playing with it some this weekend.

#443518 - 12/08/17 05:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
jford Online   content
Veteran

For anyone interested in the Independence Sound Library that comes with Samplitude (70GB of content, nee, per Larry, 64.9GB of content). smile

Review of Independence Pro

#443574 - 12/08/17 09:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: jford]
Expert

First I request that John, or anyone else who has successfully completed the Independence Pro CONTENT download to verify how many *.ytif files they end up with

Mine only go from 1 to 76 ,e.g., “Independence Content Image File 01.ytif,” up to number 76.

But if you only have 76 and since John publicly questioned my “math”hood grin re: “content” then if content is installed to default location:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\Independence Pro"

Within that folder are one file and two folders:

---The file is "library.xml" for a total of ....1KB (noise level size file, 1KB)

---The first folder is "\image files" (contains actual compressed sound data libs called *.ytif's) these .ytif's are number 01 - 76 for a total of 64.4 GB . THIS IS THE BIGGEST “CHUNK” and admittedly again I may be missing a file or two (???) I have no way to verify, but the download ended normally without error, and when I re-run content installer there is a "repair?" option and it finds nothing missing or wrong so???

---The second folder is "\layers\" and under that a folder is one folder called" Independence Pro - Instruments" (I think this folder is the name I gave it but immaterial) and under that folder are 28 top level folders:

------ 01-25 of various instrument groups/types (01 Acoustic Drum Kits; 02 Electronic Drum Kits,... 25 YT Tune Model Instrumens) and three UNNUMBERED: "Yellow Tools Candy," "Yellow Tools Culture," and "Yell Tools Majestic."

-----Including those 28 folders and all subfolders there is a total of 219 folders, 3557 files, and 346 MB's of "content" except its not really "content" in the sense of SOUND these 3500+ files are *.ytil's are are the simply the instrument how to "structure" the sound from the *.ytif's but will call them content

So we are now at a grand total of: 64.4 GB's + 346 MB's or 64.65 GB's

So let’s now look for additional installed Independence Pro "stuff" (or in otherwords TRYING to show that the entirety of the Independence Pro INSTALL, including the installers, is ~70GB's)

There is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence" which contains Independence executables and miscellaneous files totaling 123 MB’s

Next “ C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Independence Libraries” with 191 files and 5 folders totaling 23.3 MB’s

Next “C:\Program Files\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Independence Libraries” with 177 files, 5 folders totaling 17.3 MB’s

Next “C:\Program Files (x86)\VST\MAGIX\Independence” 3 files, 1 folder totaling 174 MB’s

Next “C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\MAGIX\Independence” 3 files, 1 folder totaling 174 MB’s

Next there are “C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Independence” and “C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Independence together have 811 files, 146 folders and is 410 MB’s

Next “C:\Users\Larry Kehl\Documents\MAGIX Projects\Independence” 0 files, 12 folders totaling 0 bytes (I haven’t created anything yet)

Total so far is 65.57 GB’s if we count the actual installer at 505 MBs = 66.08 (and I’m ROUNDING everything UP)

Now If look around at all the nooks and cranny’s like “C:\Users\Larry Kehl\AppData\Roaming” and “C:\Users\All Users\MAGIX\” and look for all the uninstall files, and a dozen or so like files I get something less than 1GB but I’ll round WAY up on these and call it 1 GB

Finally we have 66.08 + 1 = 67.08 so yea rounding this up gets you to (approx.) 70GBs’s but it’s not 70GB’s of sound CONTENT.

BUT AGAIN if I am missing some large .ytif’s (which is where I would likely be missing the majority of “content”) I’m unaware which .ytif’s I assume it would be

“Independence Content Image File 77.ytif” if that exists, and

“Independence Content Image File 78.ytif” again if that exists, and

… until I get a lot closer to 70GB

JOHN please tell me where I'm missing ~5 GBs'S
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#443611 - 12/08/17 12:30 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Hi, Larry -

I wasn't questioning your math, I was just equally amused that it is advertised at 70GB when it's not (I guess it's really not an "everything" pack, or something like that smile )

Anyway, I started my download of the Independence library yesterday and it was still going this morning (my internet, while adequate, would be nice were it much faster). Anyway, I'll report back what I see this evening, as I expect it to done by the time I get home from work (unless it glitches).

I knew it would take awhile to download, as I also have the baby brother version that came with the 12GB library (purchased back in 2013).

Assuming it lets me install it on my desktop (in addition to the laptop that I'm currently installing to), I'm hoping I can just copy everything over and not have to download it all again (which NI forces you to do now with their new download manager).

I'm also presuming that all the .EXE files that it downloaded can be offloaded to an external USB where I keep all my application installation files (I have a portable 1.5TB almost full USB drive that has all my applications, license codes, site login information, a tracking spreadsheet that I created, etc for keeping my 3 computers up to date). That will save about 10GB on my computer hard drive.

I'm hoping to have it all installed by the end of the weekend and try everything. I did play a little with it before starting the Independence download and it seemed pretty responsive. I just have to learn the interface.

By the way, the reason they are .YTIF is that Magix bought Yellow Tools a number of years ago (hence the YT), rebranded the name from Yellow Tools (which is what it was the first time I tried it) as Independence, but kept the interface and the file formats.

#443669 - 12/08/17 04:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: jford]
Expert

You know that was all in fun right?

after that download I should have kicked myself - I/we could have bought the boxed version with NO SHIPPING charge at same price! I've got an email out to Magix to see what's what with the whole 70GB thing now we'll see if they respond

Edited by Larry Kehl (12/08/17 04:52 PM)

#443736 - 12/09/17 04:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
musiclover Offline
Expert

You guys are now making me want to buy this software, the GUI seems easy enough to learn for simple things anyways Downloaded the trial.

Any of you managed or see a way to put the huge amount of content on a different drive as that would be a problem for me with a smaller SSD?

ah what is it that makes me want to collect more software?

smile

Musiclover

#443842 - 12/09/17 01:09 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite [Re: Brian Cadoret]
jford Online   content
Veteran

I'm running the program from the C: drive, the Independence synth is on my D: drive (70GB), and the sample content is on my E: drive, so yes you can split things up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)! Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qDFYZMjrzAI

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until December 31st!

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 4 - Available for both Windows and Mac!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 4 with over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles! These new RealStyles will work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition.

To add to the excitement of this release, we're putting all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned with Band-in-a-Box® 2018, and is now built in to the program! Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app that was not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but now the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit Window!

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 2 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can download a small (free) patch update for their purchase!

Summary of patch update:
Access violation if clicking on Guitar Window or Big Piano when there isn't any notation window currently open.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_2

Forum Stats
26696 Members
50 Forums
48817 Topics
398965 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Phil Taylor, Poppins, Mannnolo, sebz77, KGU 2

26697 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 369