Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: casak
Hi Charlie,

I tried to move the audio track to performance track. Biab seems to pass the audio track and write Artist in the title of the Performance track, but this track does not sound ... it is silent.

Sorry in taking so long to respond. Had a sudden medical situation that required hospitalization. They also confiscated my phone and left me with no access to the forum.

You have to regenerate the track and you should hear the audio.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
you,ve answered a couple of my post you alright..? Charlie

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I have a Sony TC-730 tape recorder (tape deck + amplifier + internal speakers and external speaker connections) that has a switch for sound-on-sound or sound-with-sound. Unfortunately, it no longer works but it was quite the machine.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
7173-2.jpg (340.33 KB, 81 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
you,ve answered a couple of my post you alright..? Charlie

I am now thank you. Had a very serious heart blockage that nearly took me out. I'm home and feeling better, but very weak.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie. I hope you are better now! Sounds horrid.

To the original poster: I think Charlie’s method of doing multi track recording is very creative if you do not have access to a daw. Seeing as you do have RealBand I think using RealBand to record multiple tracks would be the way to go because of the simple reason that you can see what you are doing. You can cut, paste, record just a small section that you messed up etc.

it is very easy to move your project from Biab to RealBand. Just set up the structure of the song and the instruments you want in Biab, save as an sgu open up in RealBand, open the sgu file (it takes a while the first time) and then start recording on the next blank track. Then when you are done, save your project as an seq file (which is what RealBand uses) and continue using the seq file and RealBand to complete your project. Export the composition as a wave file once you are done.

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 12/09/17 06:51 PM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<<< Charlie. I hope you are better now! Sounds horrid.

To the original poster: I think Charlie’s method of doing multi track recording is very creative if you do not have access to a daw. >>>

Good morning Joanne. Thanks for your thoughts and concern. It was a very bad week but points toward a much brighter and hopefully long future.

Regarding Biab as a multitrack recorder, I'd like to make a few points for you to consider, especially with regard to finding value in applying multitrack recording from within the Biab program exclusively. I think this may actually be a beneficial future Blog for you to consider.

First, it expands a users knowledge base exposing them to features that may be meaningless if they are aware of them, but don't use. One example I think of that not many people seem to use or be aware of is that each track in the BIAB mixer can have up to 10 instruments. This equates to the equivalent of 70 Tracks in Realband or other DAW. Adding, replacing and alternating instruments using this feature also allow you to compose your arrangement as you compose your song without completely relying on F5. You can also gain change, pan and add/remove effects by duplicating the instruments on two tracks. For instance, say the Piano Track has Strumming Guitar| Mandolin|Pedal Steel|Bgrd Fiddle; Change the order of the instruments on a second track the Piano Track Strumming Guitar lowers in Volume -5db and the second track increases +5db for a Mandolin solo and the mandolin panning changes from -25L to 0 center for the solo and back to -25L at the end of the solo as the Piano Track strumming guitar volume is raised back +5db. Quite easy to automate tracks in the Biab mixer... There are many, many ways for novice and expert to manipulate instruments and settings in BIAB. For me, this has become somewhat a hobby within my hobby of music production. It is challenging and very rewarding to construct intricate and complex arrangements with limited tracks. As the producer and arranger, forethought, planning and care are required in building a song.

A hidden feature found when using this multiple instrument per track technique is because the BIAB generation engine reads ahead and sees the coming change in instruments and does two things; creates a smooth ending of instrument one, while creating a beginning of the second instrument complimentary to what the ending was doing. The second thing is the BIAB generation engine creates a smooth transition.

Another seldom discussed and little value given to feature is the Performance Track. This is again valuable to the novice as well as the expert Producer/Arranger. It requires careful planning to compose your song in a specific order because you will be committing to sub-mixes (bounce Tracks) just like the old school limited track analog Reel to Reel and Portastudios of the past. It allows the old school "Sound on Sound" layering technique of recording. Another thing it does is explode the 8 track limitation people think applies to Biab.

Couple this with Biab includes Dxi and Vst effects, the ability to use third party add-ons, the ability to select and generate thousands of RealTracks, Supermidi tracks and midi tracks from thousands of styles, regenerate them as desired as well as record multiple tracks of audio and add harmonies make BIAB a very robust multitrack recorder. It can in fact, do things no other multitrack recorder can do with the exception of Realband.

These techniques can be used by people like yourself who create original songs and cover songs as well as those who develop accompaniment, Karaoke tracks or practice chord charts. These techniques can extend some of the RealBand capabilities to MAC users who don't have access to RealBand. I believe their greatest use will be found by the BIAB hobbyist who enjoys 'playing' with BIAB.

Challenge yourself to creating a 20 instrument, 16 track song that includes special audio sound effects all within a single BIAB project, all without using any outside resource, completed solely by BIAB. You'll see. You'll also see that regardless if you use 20 different instruments or two instruments alternately 20 times or any combination between the two, you will discover many opportunities these techniques provide to have a professional and finished project you did not think possible in BIAB alone. In a non-serious piece, one can do this in less than 10 minutes.

Probably one of the best benefits to building a complex arrangement in BIAB is the BIAB StylePicker has the 'Play over current chord structure' option. The Realband Stylepicker does not have this option, at least not through the 2017 version. Literally dozens of styles and hundreds of Realtracks, Supermidi and midi instruments can be auditioned as they will sound in your song in minutes using the BIAB StylePicker.

Will there be naysayers? Of course. We already have those, be it get rid of midi, get rid of RealTracks, they won't upgrade because BIAB is not 64 bit or their wishlist request hasn't been granted. There will be those who have an established workflow and have no need or desire to change. There will be those who are simply not interested. There will be those who will point out it's so much easier to accomplish these tasks in a DAW. True. This isn't intended for those folks. But for the MAC user who uses these techniques for a partial regeneration may find this useful even if it's a workaround. It's not a DAW nor is it intended to be. It's an alternate workflow that's available if one chooses to use it. It's a possible expansion of an already feature packed software program.

Anyway, it is fodder for a future Blog and other members may take the challenge, try the techniques and find a benefit and enjoyment playing around with these techniques.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/12/17 08:14 PM.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Charlie. I would absolutely love it if you would write me a guest blog on this subject. Would you consider it?

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi Charlie. I would absolutely love it if you would write me a guest blog on this subject. Would you consider it?
LOL, I almost did in my comments above. Wouldn't mind but not sure what you have in mind. This explains the benefits, so mayby you're thinking of outlining the step by step procedure to add instruments, create Performance Tracks and Bound sub mixes and render a song?

Charlie

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Charlie
Yes that would be great. Just a step by step guide with screen shots. I just ms paint or mine.

Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi Charlie
Yes that would be great. Just a step by step guide with screen shots. I just ms paint or mine.

Ok. I'm glad to do it. I'm moving a little slow at the moment and we are also coming into the busy holiday season. I'll shoot to have this for you for your February Blog if that's ok.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
That is great Charlie

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,618
Members38,498
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications
38,497 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 192