Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello all

Something went wrong with RealBand and I cant open my BIAB (SGU) files in RealBand. To try and remedy it, I deleted my entire installation of BB and Realband and reinstalled from my hard dive but still the same problem.

It does come up with an error "BBOutput.txt not found" but I am not sure if that is related.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

Try this and see if it helps...

1. Start up Realband and don't load anything.

2. Go into the Audio settings and set them to MME (#2 on image) rather than "Windows Driver" (which seems to be the default now).

MME is always the best driver to use when trying to problem-solve.

3. After making the changes, close RB so that the settings are written to the configuration files.

4. Re-open RB and see if the song opens now.

5. I'd also disable the options I've highlighted as #3

6. Also, check that the "Run as administrator" option is still working. It might be that the installation reset this.

I had a similar problem and I found that prior to opening the song I wanted to work on from BIAB, I first needed to load in the demo song for one of the RB styles and generate it. That seemed to give the program a bit of 'kick' and get it going.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
setting driver to mme.JPG (64 KB, 167 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
In addition...

If you purchased BIAB 2017 on a USB drive, you should be able to plug that drive in and use RB 2017 directly from the drive.

Regards again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Noel

Thanks for the quick response. Tried both of those options and also tried running Realband directly from my hard drive. Same problem.

The problem is related to generating realtracks because I opened a fresh file and typed in some chords and then tried to just select one track and generate a realtrack. It just hangs. Then if I press escape it says "BBOutput.txt not found. I sometimes see a yellow flashing message on the bottom rhs of the screen but cant catch it to see what it says.

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 12/02/17 08:03 PM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

BBOutput.txt is found in \Realband\Data. I don't know if the following will help but it's worth trying (even though it sound like you might not have BBOutput.txt it could be a corrupt file).

1. Close Realband.

2. Navigate to \Realband\Data and rename the file to BBOutput.txt.old

Doing this forces Realband to create a new version of the file.

3. Start Realband.

4. Does this help at all.

Note: I just tried this on my system and it worked fine. Also, if you need to get back to the original file, simply close RB and rename BBOutput.txt.old to BBOutput.txt

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Noel

I installed 2018 version and the first time I tried I had the same problem! I then created a new BIAB file and opened that up in RB and it seems to have sorted itself out.... Thanks for the help.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Glad to hear that you've got it sorted.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Expert
Expert
I have a similar issue since I installed RealBand 2018. If I open up Realband then attempt to open up a BIAB file RealBand just sits there. I cannot do anything with it. I have to end the program using Windows task manager. This creates issue as it lock up ASIO drivers.

If however I open RealBand create a 4 bar song generate it then I have no issues load BIAB files.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
RealBand
L
Expert
Expert
L
I have exactly the same problem. If I create a song in Realband and then delete it and call up a BIAB song it's fine, otherwise Realband hangs. Must be a bug. I generate the Realtracks once I'm in Realband, but I don't think that would make any difference.

I also got an out of time midi guitar track. Not sure why. I just deleted it.

Last edited by lambada; 12/03/17 01:55 AM.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
RealBand
W
Apprentice
Apprentice
W
I'm in the same boat with Real Band so will see if the above contributions sorts it out.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK
Xtra packs 1,2,3,4,5,6,13
2019 and 2018 49pak
Asus Zen Book UX533F 1TB ssd
Windows10 pro, 16g i7 64bit
Allen and Heath Z10fx mixer
Alesis V25 controller

RealBand
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
Same problem. I'll try the suggestions made so far and report back.
Even SEQ files will not open, everything freezes . . .

Don

RealBand
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
Real Band 2017 was AOK on two computers (both with Windows 10), one a desktop, the other a laptop.

Real Band 2018 (build 2) downloaded and now both computers have this problem:
Will not load a SEQ file or a BIAB file - program freezes.
Note - when attempting to open the styles list I get the following message on both computers:
"bbw2.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because libsndfile-1.DLL
was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
I checked the program files and it's there exactly as shown above: libsndfile-1.DLL

I don't remember how, but I managed to get one sequence file loaded and it plays okay until I try to load another or try to open the styles list. Any attempt to do these things freezes the program and requires shutdown via the task manager.

Don

Last edited by DonMusic; 12/03/17 01:21 PM.
RealBand
Expert
Expert
If I generate a small song. Say 4 bars then I open up a BIAB file all works fine. I must generate the small file first.

Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
If Running RB 2018, make sure libsndfile-1.dll is present in your Realband\data folder. If not, then bbw2.exe can't run at all and that can cause RB to freeze up. You can copy it from the RealBand folder to the data folder if it's not present in the data folder. I don't know why, but I installed RB 2018 onto a Win10 computer and for some reason libsndfile-1.dll didn't install to the data subfolder of RealBand and it should have.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
Expert
Expert
Seems better now. Copied libsndfile-1.dll to the RealBand/data folder and can now open BIAB work. Thanks

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The RealBand update patch will now fix the misplaced dll issue.

(The program is still build 2, but just install the patch again and it should fix the problem).

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
Thank you Andrew, it's fixed!

Last edited by DonMusic; 12/04/17 01:56 AM.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Wow,
That caused a lot of issues.
May be worthy of a sticky or a note in the the current running RB Update thread.
I was missing it on a Win7 Professional system. So not sure W10 is the issue.

Thanks Jeff and Andrew

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
L
Expert
Expert
L
Thanks Fixed. Just wondering, why I'm now getting a guitar midi track playing alongside my realtracks - out of time - and more significantly not invited!

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
RealBand
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it's really fixed. I still had to apply the workaround after having the latest version. At least I think I'm on v2, it says 2018(2).

I was beginning to think it was just me, but I haven't activated
the product yet, so I thought maybe that might have also been it. I've been really impressed so far, I didn't realize how far the product has come along.

Yes, admin rights, win 10, i7 24gb ram SSD. I'll get around to doing my sig soon.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,499
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195