Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#442860 - 12/05/17 01:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: VideoTrack]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
You've taken the amazing abilities of this product and used your skills to generate a masterpiece.

This is knockout from the very first note.

The choice of style, the instrumentation, the fills, the vocals, the everything, is, well, just sensational.

Back for another listen...

Dear "VideoTrack"...

Thank you for your enthusiastic comments on "The Rain Song"! That's what happens when you've got a "Band-in-the-Box".

Do you have any productions that I could listen to?

Sincerely,

LOREN

#442908 - 12/05/17 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

This is a really sexy song. The female vocal parts are great, and the lyrics themselves are sexy.

The arrangement is also sexy. Everything is sexy. I love music like this.

As Austin Powers: says "Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Burt Bacharach."

smile

(You have to know the movie to know why this is the highest compliment. It's just cool.)

Write some more like this please!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#442940 - 12/05/17 11:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Loren

Seriously good stuff - I'll add the backing reminded me a bit of Michael Franks.
Wonderful performance by both of you and a genre not heard often here.

Peter

#442944 - 12/06/17 12:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Loren.
What a lovely duet! Just one small complaint. It ended too early smile
Nicely done.

#442956 - 12/06/17 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Good one guys

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#442980 - 12/06/17 05:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Firstly, everything about this production reminds us of the void of jazz tunes posted here. Given the vast number of jazz styles and RT’s that is even more unfortunate. But this song certainly made the wait worthwhile.

We’ve several times watched the great late 50’s film featuring an afternoon at the Newport Jazz Festival. This song while packed with nuances and complexities reminds us of the open airy feel of many of performances at that festival.

We could parse out everything we like and discuss it but this is one that we prefer just kicking back and enjoying the totality of the wonderful arrangement and vocals.

The word that comes to mind and best describes our feelings is “classy.”

Well done y’all! Sounds like you two are having fun.

J&B

J&B Website

#443173 - 12/06/17 11:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: Janice & Bud]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Firstly, everything about this production reminds us of the void of jazz tunes posted here. Given the vast number of jazz styles and RT’s that is even more unfortunate. But this song certainly made the wait worthwhile.

We’ve several times watched the great late 50’s film featuring an afternoon at the Newport Jazz Festival. This song while packed with nuances and complexities reminds us of the open airy feel of many of performances at that festival.

We could parse out everything we like and discuss it but this is one that we prefer just kicking back and enjoying the totality of the wonderful arrangement and vocals.

The word that comes to mind and best describes our feelings is “classy.”

Well done y’all! Sounds like you two are having fun.

J&B

Hello, Bud; hello, Ms. Janice...

I believe the documentary you described is "Jazz on a Summer's Day", directed by Bert Stern in 1958. Yes, it is a dream of a film about jazz music with gorgeous color cinematography and amazingly well-recorded performances.

If "The Rain Song" brought forth that "open and airy" association in your mind, then I'm humbled. It's a nice to thing to say.

"Classy" is certainly how I feel about Ms. Grace's performance. She seized upon the (hopefully) sunny feel of the song on the first take, which was done remotely as we live in different cities.

Thank you for communicating your pleasure with the song in such a colorful way!

Most sincerely,

LOREN

#443175 - 12/06/17 11:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: furry]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: furry
Good one guys

Hey, there, "furry"...

Thank you for listening from so far away laugh !

Sincerely,

LOREN

#443179 - 12/06/17 11:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: JoanneCooper]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi Loren.
What a lovely duet! Just one small complaint. It ended too early smile
Nicely done.

Dear Ms. Cooper...

Yeah, it was kind of short, wasn't it? So short, that Ms. Grace only charged me half of her usual price for recording my songs. So, now, I've learned a neat trick on how to save money...

Just kidding (about saving money, that is!).

Thank you for listening and also for liking what you heard, Ms. Cooper!

Sincerely,

LOREN

#443181 - 12/06/17 11:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: PeterF]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Loren

Seriously good stuff - I'll add the backing reminded me a bit of Michael Franks.
Wonderful performance by both of you and a genre not heard often here.

Peter

Hello, "PeterF"...

Michael Franks really created his own genre, didn't he? He was a stylist who produced truly relaxing music with memorable lyrics. Certainly something for songwriters in any genre to emulate, for sure.

Thank you for listening and commenting, "PeterF"!

Sincerely,

LOREN

#443183 - 12/06/17 11:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: David Snyder]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is a really sexy song. The female vocal parts are great, and the lyrics themselves are sexy.

The arrangement is also sexy. Everything is sexy. I love music like this.

As Austin Powers: says "Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Burt Bacharach."

smile

(You have to know the movie to know why this is the highest compliment. It's just cool.)

Write some more like this please!!!

Howdy, David Snyder...

Here's some definitions of the word, "sexy" that I looked up on the Web:

sex·y [ˈseksē] ADJECTIVE

1) sexually attractive or exciting

2) sexually aroused

3) exciting; appealing

I'll take the third definition so people won't think we produced the song without wearing any clothes -- presuming that on-lookers would consider such a sight "arousing" laugh !

Thank you for listening and for your titillating comments, sir!

Sincerely,

LOREN

P.S. I know the movie!

#443486 - 12/07/17 10:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: bluage]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Dear Loren,

A very nice and cool bossa nova tune!
Your vocal and the female vocal are very pleasant.
The melody is also very bossa nova.
The way to use flute and strings is splendid.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Sincerely,

Shigeki Adachi

#443667 - 12/08/17 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: "The Rain Song" [Re: animarorecords]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Dear Loren,

A very nice and cool bossa nova tune!
Your vocal and the female vocal are very pleasant.
The melody is also very bossa nova.
The way to use flute and strings is splendid.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Sincerely,

Shigeki Adachi

Dear Shigecki...

Thank you, sir, for your encouraging comments on "The Rain Song".

I appreciate them!

Sincerely,

LOREN

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51881 Topics
428704 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 359
Noel96 156