You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#442492 - 12/04/17 03:44 AM [Beginners Forum] RealBand change instrument sforzando
cubalibre Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy - Milano
Hi,

in RB when I change the instrument i.e. Acoustic Grand Piano in piano track, if after I go in bass track I view this piano instrument assigned also to bass track.

The same thing happens if I set the bass track, I find the same instrument on the piano track:the tracks instruments.are not independent!

All midi tracks are setted with same instrument!!

in BIAB when I set a track sforzando ask me the chanel. In RB this does not happen.

Where am I wrong?

Attachments
Cattura1.PNG

#442579 - 12/04/17 11:04 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
sforzando only allows one instrument at a time (it's not a multi-instrumental MIDI synth).

That said, I haven't tried to see if it's possible to load multiple, different instances of sforzando. I'll try when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, what you could do is load the Piano and then create a wav file of that track and load that wav into RB (and then mute the piano midi track). After that, use sforzando on the bass.

Regards,
Noel

#442589 - 12/04/17 11:17 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You should be able to load multiple instances of Sforzando into each of the different available ports, then select a different instrument for each.

Just right click on the track and select the option to load a VST into a specific slot, choose the port, then the Sforzando VST for that port. Each instance will work independently of each other.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#442651 - 12/04/17 04:59 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
See this thread
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438092#Post438092

Accompanied with the image below it should help explain.
sForzando synth plays one sound at time.
But you can load many copies of the sForzando synth at once; each with their own sound.

What you need to know:
Each MIDI track goes to a Port. When you use a default MIDI synth all tracks go to it unless you change this setting.

So assign each track to it's own Port and use another copy of the synth (or even a different synth) on that Port. Problem solved. This is how you use lots of synths in RB.

The image below is of the Right-Click menu of any MIDI track .. it should help figure out how to assign a given synth to a track using the Port

Track-> Port -> synth (either softsynth or hardware)
In the image below I have 16 hardware ports available in my Delta before/above the 16 softsynth ports. The options are there, but you need to set them up for the desired result.
You will likely see your default synth in Port 32 (softsynth 16) on your system.
That's where all MIDI gets assigned when the 'Use Default Synth' box is checked .. but you can change it for each track.

Attachments
RBPorts.jpg

#442758 - 12/05/17 08:55 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: rharv]
cubalibre Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy - Milano
ok rharv good tutorial.

I'm curious. What is Delta?

#442880 - 12/05/17 03:35 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
M-Audio Delta 1010 interface.
https://www.ebay.com/p/M-Audio-Delta-1010-LT-sound-card-DELTA-1010-LT-DELTA-1010LT-US41077/77161194

Be advised, in the above listing the seller says it will work in a laptop; not true.
It needs a PCI slot which is getting harder to find lately, so the low prices will likely get lower.

I have a couple different systems using these cards and they just keep working .. through W7 and W8 so far.
Haven't tried them on 10.

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

Forum Stats
27830 Members
51 Forums
52996 Topics
439829 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
yeto, tdh10, Damian Lluch, milesk, alvesbdanilo

27828 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 147
David Snyder 137