You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#443359 - 12/07/17 11:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Which Pack Agin...Sorry
localhero Offline

Please guys this is driving me crazy.Can someone tell me what i need to upgrade too?

I have the Ultra Pack 2016,All xtra style packs 1-3.2017 Bonus 49Pk and 2017 pluspak upgrade.

I only want a download.Do I get the 2018 plus pak and will that include everything for me?99$

or one of the ultra packs.

Many Thanks Everyone.

#443379 - 12/07/17 12:27 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
If you have the current UltraPlusPak, then you have (pretty much) everything (don't want to revisit that thread smile ) up through 2017. The PlusPak gives you all the new stuff, but requires you to have 2017 (which you do) and brings you up to date. Add in the bonus pack and 49-pack, and I think you'll be pretty up to date. I believe the PlusPak is downloadable and ships on a DVD, but is not a complete BIAB package (it just gives you the new stuff to add to 2017).

The UltraPlusPak will give you (pretty much) everything (minus some specials that may have occurred over the years, but on an external hard drive that you can use to re-install everything from scratch (or just run from that hard drive).

So, if go with the PlusPak, if you have to re-install BIAB, you would have to first install the 2017 UltraPlusPak (and the other add-ons), and then re-apply the 2018 PlusPak to get back up to speed.

If you had the UltraPlusPak USB, you could do a re-install from just that (plus any other add-ons you might buy).

Hope that made sense.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#443520 - 12/08/17 05:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: jford]
localhero Offline

Thanks so much John the PlusPak it is then.Plus the Bonus Pak of course ;-)

#443982 - 12/10/17 09:07 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: cfcboc]
localhero Offline

Originally Posted By: cfcboc
John... Based on your answer to LocalHero above, I am still confused on which package makes sense for me.

I have the 2017 UltraPlus Pak. Seems I can get your suggested PlusPak upgrade for $99, but it also shows I can get a MegaPak upgrade as a 2017 owner for $89. The only difference I can see is that the new RealTracks (Set 278-300) is not specifically listed in the popup box when you move the cursor over that option.

So is that the difference here? The MegaPak upgrade does not include the new RealTracks set?? Obviously worth the $10 difference for the PlusPak upgrade if its not included.

It is so confusing.

#444328 - 12/11/17 01:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

If you want the new RealTracks, you need to either upgrade your UltraPlusPak (which has "everything" up through 2017, minus possibly some add-ons along the way that you didn't previously get, as well as some bonus packs if you didn't order them) using the PlusPak (which gives you everything new in BIAB, although you have to buy the additional bonus material if you want that), or the UltraPak (which gives you "everything" on an external USB drive (much like your original 2017 UltraPlusPak.

If you ordered the MegaPak, you would only get the new BIAB and RealBand programs, but none of the new RealTracks or RealDrums content (and the limited number of RealTracks/RealDrums that come with the MegaPak, you already have with your 2017 UltraPlusPak).

My recommendation, if you have the 2017 UltraPlusPak and you want the new RealTracks (and why would you not), then either upgrade with the PlusPak (which will come on a DVD with just the new material) or the UltraPak (which will come on an external USB). The difference in price is really the price of the external USB drive.

Just note that if you order the 2018 PlusPak and you ever have to re-install BIAB, you would need to first re-install BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak, and then install the 2018 PlusPak over that to bring you back up to date.

#445077 - 12/14/17 08:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: jford]
localhero Offline

Originally Posted By: jford
If you want the new RealTracks, you need to either upgrade your UltraPlusPak (which has "everything" up through 2017, minus possibly some add-ons along the way that you didn't previously get, as well as some bonus packs if you didn't order them) using the PlusPak (which gives you everything new in BIAB, although you have to buy the additional bonus material if you want that), or the UltraPak (which gives you "everything" on an external USB drive (much like your original 2017 UltraPlusPak.

If you ordered the MegaPak, you would only get the new BIAB and RealBand programs, but none of the new RealTracks or RealDrums content (and the limited number of RealTracks/RealDrums that come with the MegaPak, you already have with your 2017 UltraPlusPak).

My recommendation, if you have the 2017 UltraPlusPak and you want the new RealTracks (and why would you not), then either upgrade with the PlusPak (which will come on a DVD with just the new material) or the UltraPak (which will come on an external USB). The difference in price is really the price of the external USB drive.

Just note that if you order the 2018 PlusPak and you ever have to re-install BIAB, you would need to first re-install BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak, and then install the 2018 PlusPak over that to bring you back up to date.

Thanks so much John Ive gone with the Plus Pak as I have all the additionals from previous years and also the Bonus Pak plus pack 4 addt'l styles.

#445091 - 12/14/17 09:41 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

Glad I could help!

#445216 - 12/15/17 02:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
Boca Bob Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Florida
Originally Posted By: localhero
Please guys this is driving me crazy.Can someone tell me what i need to upgrade too?

I have the Ultra Pack 2016,All xtra style packs 1-3.2017 Bonus 49Pk and 2017 pluspak upgrade.

I only want a download.Do I get the 2018 plus pak and will that include everything for me?99$

or one of the ultra packs.

Many Thanks Everyone.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think these replies are incorrect. I'm in the same boat as the OP - I have the 2016 Ultra Plus Pak on a HD. Then, last December, I got the 2017 PlusPak upgrade. That added in the missing real tracks. But, from what I understand, you can only do that every other year. In other words, NOW, this year, in order to get the latest real tracks (up to 300), I have to once again get the 2018 Ultra Plus Pak for $149. I cannot, like last year, just get the 2018 Plus Pak for $99.

I believe the best way to avoid any confusion is to call them and ask as I did last year. They look up your account, and what you've previously purchased, and tell you exactly which upgrade you need to get the features/add-ons that you want.

The confusion I saw in the replies were based on someone thinking the OP had the 2017 Ultra Plus Pak. He does not. He has the 2016 Ultra Plus Pak with the 2017 Plus Pak upgrade - just like me. At least that's how I read his email.

#445283 - 12/15/17 07:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

The 2016 Ultra Plus Pak and the 2017 Plus Pak upgrade is effectively the same as the 2017 Ultra Plus Pak. It gives you the new program files and all the new content (RealTracks/RealDrums/SuperMIDI/etc).

I would think that you should be able to upgrade to the PlusPak again just as long as you install over your existing installation. So 2016 Ultra + 2017 Plus + 2018 Plus is effectively the same as 2018 Ultra.

Ask PGMusic, but my guess is they will tell you what I just said.

At least that's how it was previously explained to me.

And in that case, again, if you ever have to re-install, you need to start back with the full UltraPlusPak and then re-install each year's subsequent PlusPaks to get everything back up to date (and of course any other add-on material you purchased, such as the Bonus 8-pak or the 49-pak).

Again, PGMusic has the final answer, but I don't believe I'm wrong.

#445301 - 12/15/17 09:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: jford]
Boca Bob Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Florida
Originally Posted By: jford
The 2016 Ultra Plus Pak and the 2017 Plus Pak upgrade is effectively the same as the 2017 Ultra Plus Pak. It gives you the new program files and all the new content (RealTracks/RealDrums/SuperMIDI/etc).

I would think that you should be able to upgrade to the PlusPak again just as long as you install over your existing installation. So 2016 Ultra + 2017 Plus + 2018 Plus is effectively the same as 2018 Ultra.

Ask PGMusic, but my guess is they will tell you what I just said.

At least that's how it was previously explained to me.

And in that case, again, if you ever have to re-install, you need to start back with the full UltraPlusPak and then re-install each year's subsequent PlusPaks to get everything back up to date (and of course any other add-on material you purchased, such as the Bonus 8-pak or the 49-pak).

Again, PGMusic has the final answer, but I don't believe I'm wrong.

Well, I went to the "horse's mouth," and called them. I'm embarrassed to say that you are 100% correct. They said exactly what YOU said. And even though I'm annoyed that I got it wrong, I'm glad that you responded or I might have just ordered the HD. You saved me $50, for which I'm grateful. I ordered the PlusPak, and am going to download it this afternoon after I finish licking my wounds.
JFord, thanks so much.
Bob in South Florida

#445310 - 12/15/17 10:24 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

So glad you got it worked out, Bob.

- John (in the western panhandle of Florida)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows is a HIT!

Since the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, we've received some great feedback!

"Oh wow. [The Audio Chord Wizard] has got to be the coolest enhancement to 2018 Band-in-a-Box. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"
"2018 is a great release in so many ways!"
"Nice work, as usual!!"
"Luvin' it so far!"
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely 'must have'!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Every one of these tracks is phenomenal!"
"You guys just keep blowing us away."
"This is an amazing product. I tip my hat and thank you immensely."
"Awesome job once again!"
"What an unexpected treat!"
"What a fantastic idea PG music! I love to know who specifically thought of this idea. What an unexpected treat!!"
"Video set number three with Oliver Gannon is phenomenal just by itself! I've been asking for additional instruction from him for sometime And here it is! Plus it looks like there's something for everyone. You really out did yourself on this one PG Music - way to go!"
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid this could be!"
"Come on, whats not to like about this"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"I know what I'm getting for Christmas!"
"What a release!!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"it's educational utility and potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me champing at the bit!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"Amazing!"

Upgrade your Band-in-a-Box® to version 2018 during our special for great savings & Bonus PAKs! www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video

Here's a video showing you the different ways you can use the Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks, new with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, now with Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks!

Plus, here are two audio demos, the full versions of two of the songs that appear in this video:

http://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allstyledemos2/_LAZYDAY_full_demo.m4a
http://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allstyledemos2/DownByTheSalleyGardens_with_VocalOohsAahs.m4a

Purchase RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs for just $29 here. It's also included in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows PlusPAK, UltraPAK, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Build 506 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest Build 506 at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#506

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 205:
Added: "Export Song as Audio File..." menu item has been added to the Audio menu.
Added: BB2018 tutorials folder.
Added: New styles (STY files) for many of the new RealTracks in Sets 278-300 and MIDI SuperTracks sets 25-27.
Added: StylePicker User Categories updated for Xtra Styles PAK 4.
Updated: Styles database
Updated: Various improvements (including Db offset adjustments) to many of the new STY files and .SGU demos included with RealTracks Sets 278-300.
Fixed: "K3" did not work in the chord sheet for copying 3 bars (8 bars would be copied instead).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box always opens with a maximized window briefly before resizing to the user's saved size.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box will not open using the proper window size if the Mixer window was open while exiting.
Fixed: Deleting a region of chords would cause "Undo Delete Bars" to appear in the Edit menu, but do nothing unless chosen twice.
Fixed: Error "Input and output sample rates must match" might show when the devices do have matching sample rates.
Fixed: Flash messages were not being added to the flash message log.
Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box was in DAW Plugin mode while exiting, the window size was not restored the next time opening the program.
Fixed: Rendering .m4a or video files might fail and request that the user install QuickTime if using Windows 7. QuickTime should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
Fixed: Some of the Oohs and Aahs (Vocal) RealTracks were not working correctly, and they have been greatly improved.
Fixed: Sometimes when deleting a note in the notation window, you will be asked "OK to delete chord".
Fixed: The "Show Flash Tips" setting did not have any effect when disabled.
Fixed: WashboardBluegrass drums.
Fixed: When exiting DAW Plugin mode, the window would not return to its previous size (it would become maximized).

Have Your Band-in-a-Box® Delivered In Time for Christmas!

The gift of music... some say this is the greatest gift of all! Imagine receiving the tools to help you create your own music for Christmas... like Band-in-a-Box!

If you are in the United States or Canada, order Band-in-a-Box before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

If you are outside of North America, order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

With major savings and Bonus PAKs until December 31st, it's a great time to purchase Band-in-a-Box upgrades as a gift for someone you know... or for yourself!
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial Video

Our latest video includes a Quick Start tutorial on the installation, locations, and use of the Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs in Version 2018 for Windows. Video: Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial

We have put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

User Blog - How To Record a Cover Song Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand

Joanne Cooper's final blog post for 2017, How to record a cover song using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is a must-read!

Joanne summarizes the steps she took to produce her cover of "Old Lang Syne" - her final result was posted to the User Showcase Forum: Listen to Auld Lang Syne

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/how-to-record-a-cover-song-using-band-in-a-box-and-realband

Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Forum Stats
26733 Members
50 Forums
48977 Topics
400347 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
zeuxis, dsalbani, axeman49, Jim Psm, Alessandro

26733 Registered Users