You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#443359 - 12/07/17 11:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Which Pack Agin...Sorry
localhero Offline
Enthusiast

Please guys this is driving me crazy.Can someone tell me what i need to upgrade too?

I have the Ultra Pack 2016,All xtra style packs 1-3.2017 Bonus 49Pk and 2017 pluspak upgrade.

I only want a download.Do I get the 2018 plus pak and will that include everything for me?99$

or one of the ultra packs.

Many Thanks Everyone.

#443379 - 12/07/17 12:27 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
If you have the current UltraPlusPak, then you have (pretty much) everything (don't want to revisit that thread smile ) up through 2017. The PlusPak gives you all the new stuff, but requires you to have 2017 (which you do) and brings you up to date. Add in the bonus pack and 49-pack, and I think you'll be pretty up to date. I believe the PlusPak is downloadable and ships on a DVD, but is not a complete BIAB package (it just gives you the new stuff to add to 2017).

The UltraPlusPak will give you (pretty much) everything (minus some specials that may have occurred over the years, but on an external hard drive that you can use to re-install everything from scratch (or just run from that hard drive).

So, if go with the PlusPak, if you have to re-install BIAB, you would have to first install the 2017 UltraPlusPak (and the other add-ons), and then re-apply the 2018 PlusPak to get back up to speed.

If you had the UltraPlusPak USB, you could do a re-install from just that (plus any other add-ons you might buy).

Hope that made sense.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#443520 - 12/08/17 05:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: jford]
localhero Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks so much John the PlusPak it is then.Plus the Bonus Pak of course ;-)

#443982 - 12/10/17 09:07 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: cfcboc]
localhero Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: cfcboc
John... Based on your answer to LocalHero above, I am still confused on which package makes sense for me.

I have the 2017 UltraPlus Pak. Seems I can get your suggested PlusPak upgrade for $99, but it also shows I can get a MegaPak upgrade as a 2017 owner for $89. The only difference I can see is that the new RealTracks (Set 278-300) is not specifically listed in the popup box when you move the cursor over that option.

So is that the difference here? The MegaPak upgrade does not include the new RealTracks set?? Obviously worth the $10 difference for the PlusPak upgrade if its not included.

It is so confusing.

#444328 - 12/11/17 01:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

If you want the new RealTracks, you need to either upgrade your UltraPlusPak (which has "everything" up through 2017, minus possibly some add-ons along the way that you didn't previously get, as well as some bonus packs if you didn't order them) using the PlusPak (which gives you everything new in BIAB, although you have to buy the additional bonus material if you want that), or the UltraPak (which gives you "everything" on an external USB drive (much like your original 2017 UltraPlusPak.

If you ordered the MegaPak, you would only get the new BIAB and RealBand programs, but none of the new RealTracks or RealDrums content (and the limited number of RealTracks/RealDrums that come with the MegaPak, you already have with your 2017 UltraPlusPak).

My recommendation, if you have the 2017 UltraPlusPak and you want the new RealTracks (and why would you not), then either upgrade with the PlusPak (which will come on a DVD with just the new material) or the UltraPak (which will come on an external USB). The difference in price is really the price of the external USB drive.

Just note that if you order the 2018 PlusPak and you ever have to re-install BIAB, you would need to first re-install BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak, and then install the 2018 PlusPak over that to bring you back up to date.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK

#445077 - 12/14/17 08:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: jford]
localhero Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: jford
If you want the new RealTracks, you need to either upgrade your UltraPlusPak (which has "everything" up through 2017, minus possibly some add-ons along the way that you didn't previously get, as well as some bonus packs if you didn't order them) using the PlusPak (which gives you everything new in BIAB, although you have to buy the additional bonus material if you want that), or the UltraPak (which gives you "everything" on an external USB drive (much like your original 2017 UltraPlusPak.

If you ordered the MegaPak, you would only get the new BIAB and RealBand programs, but none of the new RealTracks or RealDrums content (and the limited number of RealTracks/RealDrums that come with the MegaPak, you already have with your 2017 UltraPlusPak).

My recommendation, if you have the 2017 UltraPlusPak and you want the new RealTracks (and why would you not), then either upgrade with the PlusPak (which will come on a DVD with just the new material) or the UltraPak (which will come on an external USB). The difference in price is really the price of the external USB drive.

Just note that if you order the 2018 PlusPak and you ever have to re-install BIAB, you would need to first re-install BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak, and then install the 2018 PlusPak over that to bring you back up to date.

Thanks so much John Ive gone with the Plus Pak as I have all the additionals from previous years and also the Bonus Pak plus pack 4 addt'l styles.

#445091 - 12/14/17 09:41 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

Glad I could help!

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

#445216 - 12/15/17 02:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
Boca Bob Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Florida
Originally Posted By: localhero
Please guys this is driving me crazy.Can someone tell me what i need to upgrade too?

I have the Ultra Pack 2016,All xtra style packs 1-3.2017 Bonus 49Pk and 2017 pluspak upgrade.

I only want a download.Do I get the 2018 plus pak and will that include everything for me?99$

or one of the ultra packs.

Many Thanks Everyone.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think these replies are incorrect. I'm in the same boat as the OP - I have the 2016 Ultra Plus Pak on a HD. Then, last December, I got the 2017 PlusPak upgrade. That added in the missing real tracks. But, from what I understand, you can only do that every other year. In other words, NOW, this year, in order to get the latest real tracks (up to 300), I have to once again get the 2018 Ultra Plus Pak for $149. I cannot, like last year, just get the 2018 Plus Pak for $99.

I believe the best way to avoid any confusion is to call them and ask as I did last year. They look up your account, and what you've previously purchased, and tell you exactly which upgrade you need to get the features/add-ons that you want.

The confusion I saw in the replies were based on someone thinking the OP had the 2017 Ultra Plus Pak. He does not. He has the 2016 Ultra Plus Pak with the 2017 Plus Pak upgrade - just like me. At least that's how I read his email.

#445283 - 12/15/17 07:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

The 2016 Ultra Plus Pak and the 2017 Plus Pak upgrade is effectively the same as the 2017 Ultra Plus Pak. It gives you the new program files and all the new content (RealTracks/RealDrums/SuperMIDI/etc).

I would think that you should be able to upgrade to the PlusPak again just as long as you install over your existing installation. So 2016 Ultra + 2017 Plus + 2018 Plus is effectively the same as 2018 Ultra.

Ask PGMusic, but my guess is they will tell you what I just said.

At least that's how it was previously explained to me.

And in that case, again, if you ever have to re-install, you need to start back with the full UltraPlusPak and then re-install each year's subsequent PlusPaks to get everything back up to date (and of course any other add-on material you purchased, such as the Bonus 8-pak or the 49-pak).

Again, PGMusic has the final answer, but I don't believe I'm wrong.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

#445301 - 12/15/17 09:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: jford]
Boca Bob Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Florida
Originally Posted By: jford
The 2016 Ultra Plus Pak and the 2017 Plus Pak upgrade is effectively the same as the 2017 Ultra Plus Pak. It gives you the new program files and all the new content (RealTracks/RealDrums/SuperMIDI/etc).

I would think that you should be able to upgrade to the PlusPak again just as long as you install over your existing installation. So 2016 Ultra + 2017 Plus + 2018 Plus is effectively the same as 2018 Ultra.

Ask PGMusic, but my guess is they will tell you what I just said.

At least that's how it was previously explained to me.

And in that case, again, if you ever have to re-install, you need to start back with the full UltraPlusPak and then re-install each year's subsequent PlusPaks to get everything back up to date (and of course any other add-on material you purchased, such as the Bonus 8-pak or the 49-pak).

Again, PGMusic has the final answer, but I don't believe I'm wrong.

Well, I went to the "horse's mouth," and called them. I'm embarrassed to say that you are 100% correct. They said exactly what YOU said. And even though I'm annoyed that I got it wrong, I'm glad that you responded or I might have just ordered the HD. You saved me $50, for which I'm grateful. I ordered the PlusPak, and am going to download it this afternoon after I finish licking my wounds.
JFord, thanks so much.
Bob in South Florida

#445310 - 12/15/17 10:24 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Which Pack Agin...Sorry [Re: localhero]
jford Offline
Veteran

So glad you got it worked out, Bob.

- John (in the western panhandle of Florida)

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

PG Music News
Happy National iPod Day! Celebrate with Pitch Invasion

The iPod was introduced on October 23, 2001 - it's hard to believe we've had the iPod available to us for so long!

Spend some time on your iPod today playing our Pitch Invasion App, reviewed as "A great to pass the time and work on pitch recognition."

Band-in-a-Box® Backing Tracks on the Masterclass 'Melodic Choices' Tour!

The Masterclass 'Melodic Choices' tour with Michael Dolce is on its final month, with dates remaining in Australia!

Michael uses Band-in-a-Box® to create the tracks for this tour!

A few images from the event:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

A little information about Michael Dolce :
Michael Dolce is one of Australia's premier guitarists whose career spans over 27 years. He has worked with Delta Goodrem, Lionel Richie, The Madden Brothers, Good Charlotte, Keith Urban, Kelly Rowland, Kylie Minogue, Roachford, Jessica Mauboy, Ricky Martin, Ronan Keating, Jessie J, Seal, Will-I-Am, Paulini, Marvin Priest and many more. He is the house guitarist for the hit show 'The Voice' and has been touring the country with his 'Masterclass' series for the past 3 years sharing his concepts, approach, technique and knowledge.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows - User Programmable Functions

But, what if you want to be able to tell the program to do MORE than that?

Head to Chapter 14: User Programmable Functions within the online manual, and you'll learn more about programmable features like:

The StyleMaker
Create brand-new styles or edit existing styles!

Making RealDrums Styles
Template file included! You can either record a drummer, or you can piece together a wave file using drum loops!

The Harmony Maker
Create or edit your own (or existing) harmonies!

The Soloist Maker and The Melodist Maker
Define your own Soloists or Melodists in whichever style you'd like!

The Guitarist Maker
The program will intelligently arrange any melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. There are many preloaded Guitarists to choose from, or you can customize existing Guitarists’ settings or make your own Guitarists from scratch using this feature.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

Forum Stats
28097 Members
57 Forums
54502 Topics
450852 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
feebmar, pcshme, Cássio stones, Molldur, Frans

28096 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 201