You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#443193 - 12/07/17 12:59 AM [User Showcase] I Do (Lite Modern Pop)
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
I Do

This is my first track created with BIAB 2018 after upgrading from the 2011 version. I produced this for a licensing opportunity on Song Trader where they were looking for a pop love song similar to "Marry Me" by Bruno Mars. I figured this would also be another chance to show the forums here that it is possible to create modern sounding music with BIAB. Let me know what you think.

Real Tracks Used...
2325:Bass,Synth,Rhythm JazzFunkFat Ev 110
1690:Piano,Acoustic,Rhythm PopPromise Ev 16 100
1947:Mandolin Rhythm PopModernGrooveAndy Ev 16 075
2975:Vocal Oohs-Aahs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085
2033:Mandolin, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 065

Also Used...
Loop : HipHop\Old Scool - ush105c Drums ev8
RealDrums=SynthDrumsDanceRock

BPM 91
Final editing and vocals done in Cubase 9

Lyrics:

We’ve had our Good Times. The had our bad.
Had knock-down drag-out fights and made each other laugh.
We’ve seen the hard times when the walls have crumbled in.
parted our ways but always come right back again.

And I’ve seen a love here that cannot be denied.
Just like a fire that’s always burning bright.
It can’t be snuffed out it will not fade away
my heart belongs to you and that’s where it should stay.

I want to be your crying shoulder when you’ve had a bad day.
The one you turn to for directions when you’ve lost your way.
The one that you reach out to hold in the middle of the night
to help you through your darkest hour to help you see the light.
I want to be the one to love you and never be untrue.
I want to be the one to say I do.

Now it’s been three years since you first caught my eye.
And my heart can’t stand another long goodbye.
I need you more and more each and every day.
There’s no more holding back, no time to delay.

I want to be your crying shoulder when you’ve had a bad day.
The one you turn to for directions when you’ve lost your way.
The one that you reach out to hold in the middle of the night
to help you through your darkest hour to help you see the light.
I want to be the one to love you and never be untrue.
I want to be the one to say I do.

I Do

Edited by Samuel Davis (12/07/17 11:19 AM)

www.sammycountry.com

#443213 - 12/07/17 04:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
HI Samuel,

I saw that opportunity, too, but don't anything even close.

I really like this - uptempo yet romantic. Wish I had even half your vocal chops. i enjoyed the mandolin a lot ... good choice on that track in particular.

This is an excellent substitute for bruno's song. very nice, indeed. Good luck with it!

Merry Christmas.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#443256 - 12/07/17 06:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Like Al we also saw that but we are light years away from that sound smile

You did a great job creating a match for the request!

Producing a song “on demand” would tax my patience. I admire folks that can do that.

We enjoyed it and best to you re Songtradr.

J&B
J&B Website

#443266 - 12/07/17 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Thanks Al, Janice and Bud for listening. This was fun to create. I enjoy producing songs on demand. I feel like it gives you boundries to work in and pushes you out of your comfort zone. I also do FAWM and belong to different songwriting groups where you are challenged to write to prompts. Those can be fun to push yourself creatively as well.

I just started doing Song Trader thanks to someone here mentioning it on the forums. I would be interested in hearing about your experiences on there as well.

Edited by Samuel Davis (12/07/17 07:07 AM)

www.sammycountry.com

#443268 - 12/07/17 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Thanks Al, Janice and Bud for listening. This was fun to create. I enjoy producing songs on demand. I feel like it gives you boundries to work in and pushes you out of your comfort zone. I also do FAWM and belong to different songwriting groups where you are challenged to write to prompts. Those can be fun to push yourself creatively as well.

I just started doing Song Trader thanks to someone here mentioning it on the forums. I would be interested in hearing about your experiences on there as well.

FAWN folks have always amazed us. We spend relatively very little time making music compared to our outdoor interests so I just await the occasional visit of the muse. Regarding Songtradr we’ve been shortlisted 43 times and have been finalists 11 times and for most of them we are still awaiting results. I have no high hopes as they are mostly for the “music wanted” requests where I assume the completion is fierce - much more so than for the deals section. But it’s cool to make the finals. We uploaded our BiaB catalog and throw one out when it seems to fit. We worked in multiple genres under the big Americana tent but it’s not often that we have a fit for the generally modern requests. Your versatility and willingness to compose on demand should imo be a big asset.
J&B Website

#443277 - 12/07/17 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Samuel,

This is nicely done. Catchy. Modern sounding. Your vocal is really nice on this - very R&B sounding (no "Country leftover"). That's impressive.

The loops/drums work well.

I thought some harmonies on the chorus would really bring this to life (not that it isn't already). You have the new Ooohs RT listed, but I didn't hear them...

Well done. Nice job.

fj

#443317 - 12/07/17 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Samuel,

This is nicely done. Catchy. Modern sounding. Your vocal is really nice on this - very R&B sounding (no "Country leftover"). That's impressive.

The loops/drums work well.

I thought some harmonies on the chorus would really bring this to life (not that it isn't already). You have the new Ooohs RT listed, but I didn't hear them...

Well done. Nice job.

fj

Thanks Floyde. I thought about some harmonies on the chorus but was running short on time and vocally tired from playing a gig with my band before recording. As for the vocal oohs and aahs. They are in the chorus part. I doubled them and panned them hard left and hard right. They may be setting a little low in the mix though.

www.sammycountry.com

#443360 - 12/07/17 11:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

After getting back into the studio I decided that I don't do my best mixing and mastering at 3:30am. So here is a new mix.

I Do

I think the vocals sit better into this version and the back up oohs and aahs are more prominent in the chorus. I'll be updating the original link as well.

www.sammycountry.com

#443386 - 12/07/17 12:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Nice song, very relaxing listen
Sergio

Sergio

#443446 - 12/07/17 05:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Nice one Al Green, I mean Samuel, sorry!

smile

Super song. Loved it.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#443492 - 12/08/17 12:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Really enjoyed this a great vocal, great lyrics, great song.

My only comment is that the bass is perhaps lost a little too far back in the mix.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#443893 - 12/09/17 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Do (Lite Modern Pop) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Great work Samuel! Excellent vocals and good work on putting that track together!! Thanks, Torrey

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51881 Topics
428685 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 359
Noel96 156