Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#444960 - 12/13/17 05:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Robertkc]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Floyd,

I submitted it to several prime-movers in Nashville whose names you would immediately recognize.

If nothing more, it will probably sell Band In A Box to several top, first call session players.

Awesome job by you and Janice.

Donny

PS: You've got everyone out owing the lawn. ( snickering )

#445117 - 12/14/17 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: floyd jane]
eddie1261 - gone Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hopefully, there will be a lot more to come. We recorded the entire process of writing the song and each step of track selection and mixing - basically a full documentary... about an hour's worth of video. We'll see... it was fun - and surprisingly harder than one might think...

I would LOVE the chance to see that whole hour. You are truly a hookmaster. I have come up with a few but you seem to throw out more ideas than I come up with!!

And you got Janice to do the BGV! Pickles wasn't available?

#445269 - 12/15/17 06:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hey Floyd that was excellent thanks for contributing this is a keeper for sure eric

#445314 - 12/15/17 10:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
What a great idea!! And who better than the Godfather of the forum to take on such a task. Floyd's songs are consistently fantastic writes. And, his production is among the elites on the forum in every regard (won't mention any names except to exclude myself-I'm still learning the arts of production and mix). I really hope they release the expanded version. I loved the video but it felt more like a trailer than a full tutorial. I'm anxiously awaiting the full release. Thanks for doing this Floyd!!! Take care. Greg

#445520 - 12/16/17 09:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: floyd jane]
Biglad Offline
Apprentice

Loc: england
best Christmas present ive had in years thanks Fj
cant wait for the rest

#445899 - 12/18/17 03:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
gruverider Offline
Expert

What a wonderful Idea and production! I can't wait to see the full version!

#446034 - 12/19/17 08:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
Inspirational!!!

#446123 - 12/19/17 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Really enjoyed the video and the song. Great work, Floyd, Janice, Bud.....

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#446135 - 12/19/17 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
That was very cool So glad to see how your develop your songs. What a treat to see Janice adding her harmonies as well . Thanks so much for doing this.

Edited by Scott C (12/19/17 03:01 PM)

#446422 - 12/20/17 06:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Nice one Floyd.
It's good to see you.
Enjoyed it all and GO Janice!
Cheers.

#446458 - 12/20/17 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Fantastic smile

#446826 - 12/23/17 03:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
We are all absolutely privileged to have the likes of Floyd and Janice among us.

Thanks to you all for so selflessly sharing your skills.

Totally Inspirational, nothing less.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#449066 - 01/04/18 11:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
Ok...I, apparently, have not been on the forums often enough. I just saw this now. This is so cool! Seriously, there needs to be more of this type of thing. If this doesn't inspire people as to what can be done, I'm not sure what will.

FJ, (and Janice) you did a great job! I'm not sure why this is striking me as so different, but I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I'm nodding my head in approval or bobbing head to the song that's now stuck in my head. Either way, it's a good thing!

Thanks for doing this!

#449084 - 01/04/18 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hey floyd and Janice,

I found the Youtube clip a really excellent and really well spent 5 minutes and 49 seconds. I enjoyed every step of the journey. Inspiration everywhere!

floyd, as I see it, you are one of the most motivational people who reside on this forum. I have learnt so much from you over the years and with each new song that your pen leaves in it's wake, I continue to gain songwriting insight.

I'm really pleased that you put this video together and I'm looking forward to seeing the 'documentary' version.

Thanks for being so supportive of us all!

Best wishes for a great 2018!
Noel

#449510 - 01/06/18 11:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Outstanding! Thanks for putting this together Floyd.

Bob

#453337 - 01/24/18 06:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
Thanks Floyd for sharing your method of writing. I always wondered sometimes why I would get stuck sitting writing and then take a walk or drive the car and then the verses would start flowing and I would have to stop and write them down or I'ld forget before I got back home. Do you have to stop the mower?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27716 Members
50 Forums
52596 Topics
435928 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz, dreamoutlaw

27715 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 154
Al-David 150