Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#444295 - 12/11/17 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication.

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community blush

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

*Note that a longer, more in-depth version of this video will be coming in the new year!

#444297 - 12/11/17 11:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Awesome,

thanks for sharing this

so cool to see Janice adding harmony

Kenny

#444305 - 12/11/17 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, how cool was that?!

Great seeing Floyd in action, and seeing Janice adding the harmony parts.

Nicely done!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Right on Time

#444342 - 12/11/17 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Oh, oh, if a cameo in this would just allow some of that fj songwriting skill to rub off on us!

Janice was practicing her part in the kitchen after we had come in from working on our bike trail. I saw her dancing away so I shot a short clip while drinking a cup of joe. And I’ve never done that before. Not the coffee drinking smile the video of her working up a part. She said “let’s record it” so just for grins I shot another clip while she was running through it in our music room.

At that point we had no idea it would end up in a PG Music video! I mentioned to fj that we’d shot a couple of clips and he asked that we send them because he was working on a project with PG Music. So off they went -- featuring Janice's trail work clothes and all!

Thank you fj and Pg Music for letting us play a small part in this. We sincerely hope it introduces new folks to both a wonderful product and community (and, of course allows them to appreciate fj's singer/songwriter skills). We, and I'm sure many others, look forward to the full version.

J&B
J&B Website

#444348 - 12/11/17 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Absolutely wonderful, Floyd!

Thanks.

Donny

#444357 - 12/11/17 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
What a great idea! This is executed with great skill and a fabulous testimonial to BIAB not to mention the intimate look into the creative process of three of the most talented people on the forum. I know all the forum members as well as the curious newcomers will love this. I’m going back and watch it again right now. So cool!!! Tom

Edited by tommyad (12/12/17 10:54 AM)

#444390 - 12/11/17 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Wow, very cool. The man, the myth, the legend, the woman behind the greatness. The Bud behind the camera. It's all there.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#444394 - 12/11/17 04:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Floyd, fantastico!
With a final "o".
That's Italian, but the meaning is pretty obvious smile
Loved the video, and the song of course. And great harmony by Janice. What a pleasure! Thank you guys!!!
Grazie!

#444397 - 12/11/17 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Jon Thomas]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
FJ, I linked a few Nashville friends, hope that's okay.

What a fabulous testimonial to you and BIAB.

Thank you.

Donny

#444399 - 12/11/17 04:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Hopefully, there will be a lot more to come. We recorded the entire process of writing the song and each step of track selection and mixing - basically a full documentary... about an hour's worth of video. We'll see... it was fun - and surprisingly harder than one might think...

#444453 - 12/11/17 07:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

What a fun watch! Great promotion! Love the I'm going to go mow the yard now..LOL!

#444457 - 12/11/17 08:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hey guys. How cool is that! Nice promotion too.

#444461 - 12/11/17 08:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I really enjoyed watching that! I'm looking forward to the other videos as well.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#444462 - 12/11/17 08:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Wow. Awesome video. Really enjoyed watching. Caught it on Facebook, had to share.

I hope PGMusic does more of this.

#444633 - 12/12/17 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

How cool was that?

I'd have never picked your face out of a line up based on how you sound. Seeing someone after hearing them is always ...... ummmmm.... different than one expects because we always formulate a vision of what we think someone looks like and it rarely ever close to reality.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#444650 - 12/12/17 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Hi Floyd, now I understand why your songs are so nice!! crazy
Great video, a really interesting idea.

Sergio

Sergio

#444654 - 12/12/17 12:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Apprentice

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Dear Mr. Jane;

Thank you for your music that never fails to enlighten my day and put a smile on my face. A good solid romp as always!!!

All the Best,

Dave

HP Pavilion p6-2330; 1T; GB: 22; AMD Processor; Focusrite Scarlett Solo; Line mixer: Seismic Landsland-12p; DAW's: BIAB, Pro Tools 12.8.2 HD; Wave Pad Sound Editor.

#444688 - 12/12/17 02:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: BlueAttitude]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, how cool was that?!

Great seeing Floyd in action, and seeing Janice adding the harmony parts.

Nicely done!

It was way-cool!
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#444784 - 12/13/17 02:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
Great idea, the video was well put together... Felt nice to see these people do what they love.thanks for sharing

#444948 - 12/13/17 04:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Really enjoyed that and will look forward to the full documentary.
I miss my mower now for that songwriting side benefit!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Forum Stats
27718 Members
50 Forums
52609 Topics
436042 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hcarry51, sosa, LaurieS, jigelaz, gerry logan

27718 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 165
Al-David 153